Thoughts about Hotel Parking Fees - Renting cars

Right now DVC owners still have free parking. What about those that rent points from DVC owners? I can find anything about it!!

Right now DVC owners still have free parking. What about those that rent points from DVC owners? I can find anything about it!!

I don’t think anyone knows until it starts. There’s lots of speculation, but that’s it.

I rented points for my stay in October and my rep stated that since we booked prior to March 21st we are good either way but they are all waiting to find out what Disney does.

There are a lot of people upset (on the Dis, that is, others may not know yet) about the new fees, and some will change their mode of transportation because of this - but many more will just take it in stride. Disney isn't worried as it seems no matter how/where they increase their prices - people will come and people will pay! :crazy2: Occupancy rates will probably not be affected - Just the way it is!

We aren't personally affected as we stay at FW in our motorhome. The rates there are very high, but we have stayed there since opening and love the bubble.

I own DVC, I have an AP, my dd is a WDW CM and lives about 20 mins from WDW. I never used to rent a car, but lately, it's made more sense for me...I'm able to meet up with her, or go to her apt if I want. Not having a car limits what I can do, and where I can go. I've started looking at off-site resorts. Yes, most charge a resort fee....anywhere from $10-30 a day. Some charge for parking, others don't. I can find a nice resort, for under $100 a night, that charges a $10 resort fee, no parking fee. I park at my door, the room is usually larger with better amenities, especially better than the value resorts. Yes, I lose the ability to make FPs at the 60 day mark. I can live with that...I go often enough that I just don't care. Same with EMHs.
I figure Disney is entitled to charge anything they want, for any perk or benefit they want. It's up to me to decide whether or not it's worth it to me to pay it. I think tiered parking charges are outrageous....the deluxe lots are a longer walk in most cases. And smaller. It's also really annoying that those who aren't paying to stay in a resort get to drive there and park, free. So, they can eat breakfast there, and then leave their car all day while they head off to a park. I would have thought it would have made sense to charge them to park instead of those staying at the resort. But, that wouldn't bring in nearly as much money.
Then, I have to laugh at those who say 'well, don't go' or 'just take DME'. If Disney can so easily institute a parking charge, what's to stop them from dropping in a resort fee? After all...it is the 'industry standard'.
For me? It's really the principal. Disney has always allowed us to park free. To just up and change it is crazy and insulting to the guests. Perhaps it would have been a better idea to start charging resort guests to park at the parks, not the resorts!

Your 1000% correct and let's not forget the price of the resorts at Disney, over $400-500/night for a deluxe resort for a average sized room and there occupancy rate is super high. It's just frustrating because everyone knows it's just a money grab!

Wonder if Disney will eventually start charging for DME??? Have a feeling that is on the horizon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!