Thoughts on next summer

We are hoping to reschedule the Disney/Universal trip that was supposed to start tomorrow :sad:for next August, but I'm not booking anything yet. I did book a cruise for March break 2022 because the deal was great and the deposit was small. Really hoping we can make that one, it's my 50th that year as well. Sigh.

Oh @Sue M I love Whistler! I came really close to booking a few days at the end of August but changed my mind and we are now heading to Pacific Shores Resort near Parksville here on Vancouver Island. It's not a huge trip but at least it is something to look forward to!

We are hoping to reschedule the Disney/Universal trip that was supposed to start tomorrow :sad:for next August, but I'm not booking anything yet. I did book a cruise for March break 2022 because the deal was great and the deposit was small. Really hoping we can make that one, it's my 50th that year as well. Sigh.
We rescheduled WDW for next Aug but not booking airfare until I know We’re going. Just booked room only. We had Park tickets from the Canadian offer and Disney extended exp to 9/2021. Fingers crossed.

We rescheduled WDW for next Aug but not booking airfare until I know We’re going. Just booked room only. We had Park tickets from the Canadian offer and Disney extended exp to 9/2021. Fingers crossed.

We have the Canadian tickets as well, I spent a LOT of Air Miles on 4 tickets, and then upgraded them to Park Hopper+. I really hope we get to use them next summer.

Oh @Sue M I love Whistler! I came really close to booking a few days at the end of August but changed my mind and we are now heading to Pacific Shores Resort near Parksville here on Vancouver Island. It's not a huge trip but at least it is something to look forward to!
Yes we do need things to look forward to! Parksville is fun too. Also love Tofino.

I have a big birthday in '22 as well but .. a tad higher than the rest of you, 60! Hopefully we can go in January (that's the only time of year hubby can get away) and it will be in the middle of our 60ths he turns 60 in Nov '21 and mine is Nov '22 so we'll do a big celebration. In the back of my mind though I'm thinking it might not be till 2023 because I'm not going until we can get more value for our $$

Summer for us tends to be quieter, close to home anyway but this year??!! Dang, it's harder somehow just knowing we can't go anywhere. We're still sticking to our own city even though there's no real restrictions to not move freely in the province, I just feel better close to home with our small numbers.

If our August 2021 10 night cruise to Northern Europe doesn't happen I'm afraid my husband will crack in a scary way :( We had one booked for THIS August that we ended up cancelling in January because we felt we should wait one more year (foreshadowing???) Booked when they released them in February for a longer cruise at a better price (yay!) so if we have to rebook again for 2022 there will be much wailing and crying in our house and it will allllll be from him!

Today was embarkation day for our 20th anniversary cruise on the Fantasy. I’m a little sad but accepted the fact that travel outside Canada probably won’t happen for us before summer 2022, maybe 2023. This virus is not disappearing quickly (even with a vaccine) unfortunately.

Really hope travelling is ok next summer. We have a cruise booked for end of Aug 2021. But one additional hurdle we have is our son's passport expires in the new year and so the longer they keep the passport renewals closed, the bigger the backlog. I think they are starting to open but for travel coming up. (And he'll need a new passport either as a child, or as of end of April, an adult one)

For this summer, we should have been leaving for WDW end of the month followed by a cruise. So sad. Instead, we are planning on just going to a local Ontario resort. No comparison though.

Count me in as another ‘Dis’er who will be turning 50 in 2022... sigh.
For all of you out there turning 50 soon, 50 is only as bad as you let it be. I'm 54 and 50 was just another day, the only difference was I got CAKE :). Think of it not as getting older, think of it as being a tad more wiser. Enjoy the moment and don't dwell on the future.

For all of you out there turning 50 soon, 50 is only as bad as you let it be. I'm 54 and 50 was just another day, the only difference was I got CAKE :). Think of it not as getting older, think of it as being a tad more wiser. Enjoy the moment and don't dwell on the future.
I agree! I can hardly wait. We will celebrate big time, whether here or at Disney there will be good food, cake, dh, my kids. And hopefully a few friends!

Yeah, I’m not there. Thoughts of being old enough to join the AARP and signing up for GreyPower Insurance, all while eating early-bird dinner specials at 4:30 in the afternoon, don’t make me feel great about leaving my 40’s behind. Mid-life crisis here I come...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts