Three Disney Ships

The Magic left last night to return to Dover, UK, scheduled into the port there 04:30 on 8/31/20

I wonder if they took things off one ship(Magic since it left first) and moved it to the other?

Apparently this was a crew transfer trip, from the Dream, to let them take them back to the UK to be repatriated.

Magic was only there to do crew swapping. She’s coming back there in a few weeks for her drydock.

Actually the Magic is slated to go to Cadiz, Spain for her dry dock refit, sometime Mid-Sept.
I’m basing my information from this local Brest article (in French) posted a few days ago about the presence of the three ships there that states that Magic will come back to berth 3 of Damen Shiprepair in October.

https://www.ouest-france.fr/bretagn...s-au-port-de-brest-c-est-du-jamais-vu-6952312
I believe they switched their plans and cancelled the major interior work that was supposed to happen. I know they cancelled the Concierge lounge work and the Concierge rooms conversion at least.

I’m sure I wouldn’t know what. But if I were to throw out a few examples… Theater equipment, kitchen equipment,...but people is good too.
I would doubt that things (items) would be moved from ship to ship. Dry dock usually entails getting new stuff, if things need replacing.

I’m sure I wouldn’t know what. But if I were to throw out a few examples… Theater equipment, kitchen equipment,...but people is good too.
From what has been spread around on different media, this refresh is primarily to reconfigure the ships to change them to accommodate for Post Covid-19 operations, change Cabanas to cafeteria style, remove self service food stations (good bye Eye Scream probably and the Drink Station on Deck 9), change or redesign the seating arrangements for the MDR's Pubs and other common areas, upgrade the HVAC systems with better filtration (Heppa) and circulation restrictions, health center upgrades as well. Install who knows how many handwashing or sanitizer stations. I'm sure there is a lot more stuff that will need to be done. But I think the conventional wisdom is that they want to do these things now, since all the ships will be in dock, (wet or dry) and get them as ready for resumption of operations as soon as the CDC and State Dept allow it, as well as foreign ports reopening to cruise ships too.

If they change the Drink Station on deck 9, I hope they will have more stations on other decks.
It's very unlikely, but I didn't say they would eliminate it, I said remove self service food locations, ie. it will be come a CM serviced area, where they will fill and serve you drinks, I'm pretty sure, gone will be any thing that lets you serve yourself like Cabanas Buffet, where there are multiple food kiosks around the restaurant, those will either be eliminated entirely or they'll be switched to Crew members dishing up the food for you cafeteria style. These are necessary and pretty much forced changes to try to reduce the possibility of contract transmission by guests from serving utensils or touching items that others might come in contact with. It will be the new norm going into the future as long as there is any risk of infection.

Last edited:
I'm wishful thinking. It would be convent if the drink stations were on several decks and not just deck 9. It's a hassle to be on deck 2 and have to go up to deck 9 to fill your cup. I'm just fine if the CMs are dishing up the drinks, ice cream or food.

I'm wishful thinking. It would be convent if the drink stations were on several decks and not just deck 9. It's a hassle to be on deck 2 and have to go up to deck 9 to fill your cup. I'm just fine if the CMs are dishing up the drinks, ice cream or food.

Maybe they will make it more like RCCL where you can get soda/water/etc from any of the bars as well as having to go up to the station? I honestly would not mind this change... I've always been a bit of a germaphobe and have seen kids put waffles back with their hands or wipe their nose before grabbing a serving spoon. Or gentlemen rubbing their beard, or ladies holding their phone and then grabbing a handle... personally I don't mind if they take away self serve. They do it at the dessert station already and it works fine. I just hope they don't give huge servings.

The problem with having drink stations in other areas is the clean-up issue. Those drink stations are constantly dirty with spilled/splashed drinks. Putting them in carpeted areas is not really ideal. Not to mention the extra space needed to house the liquid supplies necessary, as well as adding new plumbing to get the liquids to the drink station.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter