Thrifty Couples Adventure of the Seas 2/1 to 2/9 Trip Report

Enjoyed your trip report! It brought back some memories as we've been on Adventure OTS a couple times in the past few years and will be on her again this summer. (Starting out and finishing in Bayonne is a big plus for us)

We were a little hesitant at first with RCCL after a couple wonderful Disney cruises, but really enjoyed our time on Adventure and with the cost coming in about half of a similar Disney cruise, I'll make that same choice almost every time.

A couple comments/observations:

Have to agree with you about the deck chair situation, especially on "at sea" days. There doesn't seem to be much enforcement, at least not consistently. Last sea day we wound up taking a couple deck chairs about 7:30 AM, and we were by no means the first and alternated going to Windjammer to grab some breakfast. There were plenty of chairs "claimed" (a book left there, towel clipped , etc.) and didn't see the "owner" for several hours. I'm not sure what the solution is here, but it seems to be a common problem on all ships.

We've enjoyed most of the shows on RCCL and Adventure. The one exception was the "Jackpot" show. That's the one I wouldn't bother with and won't go back to see.

I probably didn't read carefully enough, but I hope you enjoyed the ice show. The theme of the show is kind of 'ehh', but what the skaters do on a relatively small link is pretty amazing. A tip for future cruisers: the ice show is very well attended, especially the first showing. But, they do it about 3 times, one of which is generally mid afternoon on an at sea day. Don't obsess about going to the first showing; it's easier getting in one of the last two. For the other shows in Lyric: unless you want a specific seating area, don't feel obligated to show up way early.

Agree that Schooner Bar gets quite crowded for trivia, which is fun. I'm surprised they started it early for you that one time; I wonder if there was an error printing the Compass or if it could have been another session finishing up (?). Also, to those wondering about cheating by Googling, RCCL keeps it pretty light hearted and purposely keeps the prize almost nothing -- generally a highlighter pen, probably worth about a quarter.

Overall, we also really enjoyed Adventure and definitely looking forward to boarding again this summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter