Throw Up on the Lap Bars Please- A June 2019 TR! COMPLETED 3/1!

Do you know what the name of the restaurant is? My mom has Celiac's as well and she doesn't go on many vacations because of it. I did talk her into going to Disney with us this year.

It was Risotteria Melotti! We all had enjoyed it and it was perfect for my friend. I'm glad your mom is going to go to Disney with you! I've only ever heard that they are excellent with accommodating for food allergies.

Sounds like a fun night out with friends!!

It was great!

Ahh that Mike sipper is sooo cute, I don't think I've ever seen it!

I love it! We didn't see it anywhere other than that stand for whatever reason. I feel like it belonged at DHS.

The dessert party looked good! I'm glad you got to try it out!

It was good and everything was so pretty. I'm glad we finally got to do it but I think it could use some more options like the ones at the other parks!

That's a great picture with noone around in front of the ToL!

Thank you! 🥰

I apologize…I lost all my quotes from the first part of the day :sad2:

That seems to happen to me all the time recently!

Awesome! I tried one of these "drops" in December with no luck.

Oh no! FOP is the only ride it's ever worked for us with lol. I tried the times for Slinky and never got anything.

We use single rider on EE a bunch and have never waited more than 10 minutes…and we often end up at least on the same train, sometimes one row apart. It must've been extra busy from the whole, hours-long ride breakdown.

Yeah the regular line and the FP line were both crazy so I wasn't surprised the single rider line was too.

I've still never seen it. One of these days...

Your pictures are gorgeous though :thumbsup2

Thank you! 🥰 It's a very pretty show but I think the previous versions were better than this one. Still worth seeing at least once!

Perfect :love:

You really should get that one framed.

Thank you :love:

I have it printed out to be framed (along with many others :rolleyes1 ) but I never end up getting frames for them lol.

That looks like fun!

It was! It kinda made up for the no Villains meet and greets (but not really lol)

I can relate... I'm struggling.

It's really hard sometimes to find the Dis time with all the real life stuff in the way.

::yes:: Love that part at the end of Slinky Dog. One of the few rides that I don't mind waiting to get back into the unload station after the ride is over.

Exactly!

We had this same exact problem. Seems you can't get 2 consecutive FP on the same side of that park these days!

Yeah that's one of the downfalls of FP+ to me. Although, I guess it's less backtracking than previously when you had to physically go to the machine to pull the FP then go back to use it.

I mean, he might have lost you to a snowman, but he sure made the most of the situation!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

This. I enjoy Fantasmic, but haven't done it standby since like 2008 maybe. We always go for the dining package, but this dessert thing sounds pretty appealing too!

We really like the dessert option!

::yes:: I'll never forget the time we stood there so long waiting to get out that a family near us had their kids peeing in the bushes. Good times.

Omg!! That's crazy lol.

::yes:: It could be a little longer honestly. I feel like it is so short that it really makes it hard to justify much time and effort just to essentially see an animatronic.

Exactly! It feels like they just forgot to finish the ride.

That sounds very nice and accommodating. The price seems a bit less reasonable than the Fantasmic dessert party, but given the drink situation (and what Disney drinks cost) it really isn't out of the realm of being reasonable.

All the CMs were great and very nice. We enjoyed the dessert party but it wasn't something we'll go back to.

Oooo the rivers of light dessert party looks like it has some fun treats! So nice of the cm to bring you a soda. That's one of my biggest complaints about the mk dessert parties. I don't like juice and the water is always the sulfury water lol although I never though to ask for a diet coke!

I never asked at MK either lol. I like the ones at DHS where there's just cans for the taking!

You are unquestionably the undisputed queen of the photopass. I think you do more pictures in a day then we usually remember to do in a week!

:rotfl: :rotfl: I will happily take that crown👑. When I first came to Disney as an adult, I was a college student on a tight budget so paying for photopass was a big deal lol so I was determined to get my money's worth out of it. And apparently it stuck!

Oh how wonderful for your friend. Glad to hear you all had such a great night

It was awesome and so great for her.

I don't think I've ever seen any photos of this party but the food and drink looks great. Bonus points for getting one for the road!

Everything was good and really pretty and the drinks helped it feel worth the money lol

We still have never to have seen this show. While I have nothing to compare it too we definitely need to see it

The show is pretty- worth seeing once for sure.

I was skeptical at first but there were no FOP FPs at first and then a whole bunch at the times advertised so I'm convinced now!
Huh! Good to know!
What is your favorite?
Hmmm... not really sure... Maybe Frozen Sing a long? That show's hilarious.
It was. After so many Disney trips, a lot of the memories blur together but this is one that always stands out in my memory as one of my favorites.
:goodvibes

Garden Grill Breakfast

We had officially come to our last day in Disney :sad2::sad: but luckily our flight wasn't leaving until 10:30 PM so we had more park time ahead of us!

We got up super early to get everything packed up and taken to the resort airline check-in desk and bell services.

After we packed up everything, I posted in a FB group because we had half a case of water and a bunch of snacks leftover that couldn't come home with us and this is the comment I received:

:confused3:confused3 There wasn't even soda in the box, we just used it to put the snacks in and even if there was I don't know why it would be a problem. I asked for clarification but she never came back to explain herself. 🤷‍♀️

Purely out of laziness (I guess since we had plenty of time), we took a Lyft to Epcot at 6:54 and were the first people at Epcot at 7:02.

I took many pictures to document the emptiness and to fill the next 58 minutes.

The security tables weren't even open yet!

There was 100% no reason for us to be at Epcot so early, even with a PPO breakfast reservation at 8 am but we packed up faster than I expected. Oh well, there's worse views to have first thing in the morning.

These are the faces I get when I force Mike to take a selfie with me.

I gave up and took my own.

Just before 7:45, they opened security and we made it all the way to the tapstyles!

But they let us in the park less than 5 minutes later.
[url=https://flic.kr/p/2inpF8W]

Another family made it through the tapstyles ahead of us because there was some issue with ours so we just missed being the first ones in the park. Oh well.

It's so nice to start the morning with a walk through an empty park!

A few minutes later, we were at our destination.

Our breakfast destination?

Garden Grill!

We were sat as soon as we walked up in a nice booth on the lower level.

Our server was fantastic and unfortunately I've long forgotten his name. He came over right away, asked the usual questions and took drink orders and presented us with this beauty.

And a fruit cup, for good measure I suppose.

He also asked us if we had fastpasses for Soarin' today. We said no and he said "Perfect- you'll be some of the first people on the ride!" Of course, this is a popular reason for a PPO breakfast at Garden Grill and we've done it before but never had the server promise it like this before!

Mike promptly claimed the sticky bun skillet as his own and asked why I wasn't having one. :rotfl:

I laughed but may have killed him if he didn't actually share.

The rest of our food also arrived two minutes later.

(mickey waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, tator tots- or potato barrels as Disney calls them)

They serve Nutella (aka a warm chocolate-hazelnut drizzle as per Disney) with the Mickey waffles which makes my heart even happier than regular Mickey waffles.

Shortly after, the characters started visiting.

Dale came first and for some reason I have no pictures of Mike with him. :confused3

Chip followed shortly behind and there's pictures of Mike this time!

Pluto showed up next.

He indicated for Mike to pet him.:rotfl:

Then he pet Mike🤷‍♀️. Seemed strange to me but I was glad it was him not me lol.

Literally the second Pluto left, Mickey appeared.

As you may (or may not) know, Garden Grill rotates slowly and overlooks the ride Living with the Land. I love Living with the Land so it's a great selling point of the restaurant for me. I tried to take some pictures of the ride but the glass made a reflection.

We requested some more bacon, tator tots and Mickey waffles which were brought quickly by our server. He also brought the check with assurances that we could take our time but that he wanted to be sure we'd make it down to Soarin' on time.

Chip snuck up behind Mike and tried to scare him. It would've worked on me but it didn't on him lol.

We finished stuffing ourselves and settled our bill. I took the opportunity on the way out of the restaurant for more ride photos minus the glare.

At 8:40, we were on our way down the stairs!

Next time: the rest of our morning in Epcot and how many times can our flight get delayed?

:confused3:confused3 There wasn't even soda in the box, we just used it to put the snacks in and even if there was I don't know why it would be a problem. I asked for clarification but she never came back to explain herself. 🤷‍♀️
Apparently they didn't get the concept of the idea that it was left to be given away if anyone wanted it? Maybe they were afraid you left it there to come back for it and someone would take it?
Another family made it through the tapstyles ahead of us because there was some issue with ours so we just missed being the first ones in the park. Oh well.
Stupid technology.
It's so nice to start the morning with a walk through an empty park!
::yes:: That's just awesome.
Mike promptly claimed the sticky bun skillet as his own and asked why I wasn't having one. :rotfl:
I know they will bring more of the entrée items there. I mean it doesn't hurt to ask for another one!
Loving the Rescue Rangers shirt! Got the kids hooked on it. I got a DVD at WalMart a few years ago of season 1 for the kids to watch on a road trip and they watch it all the time (we've also been checking out the other Disney Afternoon shows on Disney+)
At 8:40, we were on our way down the stairs!
Love those early seatings for breakfast... good meal and good character interactions and you're out of there with time to spare.
Next time: the rest of our morning in Epcot and how many times can our flight get delayed?
Uhoh… so much for that big head start on your EPCOT day.

What a weird comment on your post!

Early arrival at Epcot fro you!! Sounds like a great breakfast at GG! It was nice of the server to be so on top of things to make sure you got to Soarin.

I feel like I can smell your early morning epcot photo! Is that weird? It's like that perfect early morning Disney smell 🥰

I wish I was capable of getting up and out the door that early! Lol

Wow when you want breakfast you really make sure you get there on time :D Looks like a great last breakfast! I'm not a huge breakfast person so we've only eaten there once but I gotta say being over the land was my favorite part of the experience. I'm such a sucker for that ride.

We had officially come to our last day in Disney :sad2::sad: but luckily our flight wasn't leaving until 10:30 PM so we had more park time ahead of us!

WORST EVER! That is a late flight, Rob would NEVER allow that again, we did it once and then i made him go to work the next day well lets just say it did not work out well so now we leave early... like by 2pm most trips.... even if today i was looking at a 5pm flight wondering how much he would kill me.. ok tangent over

Purely out of laziness (I guess since we had plenty of time), we took a Lyft to Epcot at 6:54 and were the first people at Epcot at 7:02.

Or because why not??

haha! love it!

He also asked us if we had fastpasses for Soarin' today. We said no and he said "Perfect- you'll be some of the first people on the ride!" Of course, this is a popular reason for a PPO breakfast at Garden Grill and we've done it before but never had the server promise it like this before!

haha! He is very invested i like it!

Literally the second Pluto left, Mickey appeared.

OMG i love Mickeys outfit here! I said once this is my favorite Mickey and he was very stern and told me its all the same Mickey just a different outfit!

We requested some more bacon, tator tots and Mickey waffles which were brought quickly by our server. He also brought the check with assurances that we could take our time but that he wanted to be sure we'd make it down to Soarin' on time.

HAHA he is VERY invested in your Soarin ride!

We had officially come to our last day in Disney :sad2::sad:
No! Don't go!!!!!
There's a very real reason...

You singlehandedly are contributing to squirrel obesity!
(Or would have if you'd actually had soda... open sodas... and there were squirrels around... but still!!!!!!)
I took many pictures to document the emptiness and to fill the next 58 minutes.
That place is dead!
I've never seen it like that.
:laughing:
Total fail! You should be ashamed of yourselves!
Our server was fantastic and unfortunately I've long forgotten his name.
Manuel. I've decided. So that's what it is.
presented us with this beauty.

<drool!>
And a fruit cup, for good measure I suppose.
Oh, sure. Because you'll totally ignore that gorgeous cinnamon bun now.
I'd probably do the same!
He indicated for Mike to pet him.:rotfl:
I tried to take some pictures of the ride but the glass made a reflection.
Could you stand to take some shots? Or was it too busy with servers/characters?
Or did you just not feel like getting up and enjoying your meal instead?
He also brought the check with assurances that we could take our time but that he wanted to be sure we'd make it down to Soarin' on time.
Nice. :)

After we packed up everything, I posted in a FB group because we had half a case of water and a bunch of snacks leftover that couldn't come home with us and this is the comment I received:

Ugh…internet troll. It's not like you left a crack pipe sitting there :sad2:

The security tables weren't even open yet!

Holy cow…I've never seen that before 😳

Our breakfast destination?

Garden Grill!

Honestly, my favorite PPO breakfast 😍😍😍

When we ate there we were on and off Soarin' before the park even officially opened. I'm hoping to do that again in March with Mike.

That's great that your server at Garden Grill was trying to make sure you got on Soarin'. It means a lot when Disney servers go that extra mile.

Apparently they didn't get the concept of the idea that it was left to be given away if anyone wanted it? Maybe they were afraid you left it there to come back for it and someone would take it?

I'm not sure really! The whole purpose of that group is that people post things they're leaving behind for others to take so it was really odd lol

Loving the Rescue Rangers shirt! Got the kids hooked on it. I got a DVD at WalMart a few years ago of season 1 for the kids to watch on a road trip and they watch it all the time (we've also been checking out the other Disney Afternoon shows on Disney+)

Thank you! That's awesome- I love the old Disney shows and it's nice that this generation of kids is enjoying them too !

Love those early seatings for breakfast... good meal and good character interactions and you're out of there with time to spare.

Exactly!

I feel like I can smell your early morning epcot photo! Is that weird? It's like that perfect early morning Disney smell 🥰

Definitely not weird! I feel the same way- that's why I take so many pictures lol. I can feel transported to that moment looking back on them!

I wish I was capable of getting up and out the door that early! Lol

:rotfl: It's funny because I am totally not a morning person at home so it's all Disney magic I guess lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!