Throwaway cookies, NEVER :) The official Fort cookie thread!

Okay.... Crazy weekend so far. At least we got the kiddo's presents wrapped. (Ugh!:crazy2:)

So Today, I decided to go on my baking spree.
While the below is NOT cookies... it's still delicious (at least we think so). Zucchini bread and muffins.

zuchinni-bread.jpg

Next I moved on to the oatmeal raisin cookies.

oatmeal-cookies.jpg

Then the Chocolate Chip cookies.

Here are just before the oven...
chocolate-chip-raw.jpg

And here is (part of) the completed cookies.
chocolate-chip.jpg

All the while I was making homemade Bacon Bits for our Homemade ham and potato soup for dinner tonight. After dinner it's Peanut butter cookies and then the butterscotchies. :D

Alright, great looking job there man. I baked some raisin cinnamon bread yesterday.

Zuchini bread.....

Paul, have I ever told you the story of my dad's garden back in the late 70s? We had a bumper crop of zuchini and we ate it just about any way you can.

(substitue the word "shrimp" with "zuchini" in the pictures below):

lQLuV5A27oI1y.gif

oRp4GrASkhhWU.gif

9FtD7uSQYA01y.gif

EO78JiLpVmhtS.gif

Glad it turned out well for you. But the reference made me smile to myself. :crazy:

Bama Ed

PS - everything else looks delicious

Ed, We have had some "Good" years and some not so good years. This past year was good for us.

zuchinni-harvest.jpg
This was our (First) harvest as we returned from our August 2016 trip to the Fort. 36 Pounds! :eek: Plus much more to come.

We love fried zucchini, zucchini pizza, zucchini casserole and of course zucchini bread. In the past I have made zucchini relish (which I love but still have way to much of it). I also have zucchini pickles from last year. Was my first attempt at those so they aren't too great but not bad.

I have used zucchini in taco meat, chili, whimpies (or sloppy joes depending on your preference), I have even used it in soups, mixed in with scrambled eggs and directly on salads. This years crop left me with so much that I froze about 10 pounds (which was MORE than enough to get me through the year) and I still had way to much. So I looked over at my dehydrator and dehydrated about another 15 - 20 pounds or so (mind you this is also above and way beyond the original 36 pounds) and then ground it into "Zucchini Flour". Amazingly 4 large zucchinis (minus the seeds) dehydrated down into about a quart and a half of the zucchini flour (a Ball Quart and Pint jar). Nice thing is, is that it keeps much longer that way and on the shelf without refrigeration.

We like zucchini, but we did have to give a fair amount away (along with our spaghetti squash, some of which I still haven't taken off the vine outside. :guilty:)

OMG! So much this!!! I lived through the same bumper crop in the late 70's in my own home, seriously zucchini everything that year. I'm pretty sure my dad banned my mom from ever planting zucchini again, no lie!

Zuchini bread.....

Paul, have I ever told you the story of my dad's garden back in the late 70s? We had a bumper crop of zuchini and we ate it just about any way you can.

(substitue the word "shrimp" with "zuchini" in the pictures below):

lQLuV5A27oI1y.gif

oRp4GrASkhhWU.gif

9FtD7uSQYA01y.gif

EO78JiLpVmhtS.gif

Glad it turned out well for you. But the reference made me smile to myself. :crazy:

Bama Ed

PS - everything else looks delicious

OMG! So much this!!! I lived through the same bumper crop in the late 70's in my own home, seriously zucchini everything that year. I'm pretty sure my dad banned my mom from ever planting zucchini again, no lie!
Now I just need to come up with a Zucchini Cookie Recipe (that I like) :)

But what about Zucchini cookies???? Aren't they okay? :duck:

You know... the crossover thing! Vegetables and Sweets! :):cake:

But what about Zucchini cookies???? Aren't they okay? :duck:

You know... the crossover thing! Vegetables and Sweets! :):cake:

Yes, zucchini cookies are great!! Tastes something like carrot cookies! Yum! Try them!
What does cookies have to do with camping at FW? The strangest things happen on some of these threads! :D

Don't be trying to derail this into a zucchini thread...
Some times I am a bit slow... You know... when someone insults you and you don't have a great comeback until the next morning while you are shaving in front of the mirror and you have that "Doh!" moment? Yeah.... That happened to me about this thread (in response to YOUR comment).... Let's just say that the "Irony" is a bit odd here.

I also agree with NoM about the "Strangeness" of thread happenings. :jester:

What does cookies have to do with camping at FW?
Um... Hello!!!! They are COOKIES. Cookies make EVERYTHING better. Right?:flower3:

Some times I am a bit slow... You know... when someone insults you and you don't have a great comeback until the next morning while you are shaving in front of the mirror and you have that "Doh!" moment? Yeah.... That happened to me about this thread (in response to YOUR comment).... Let's just say that the "Irony" is a bit odd here.
:lmao:I was thinking, now he knows what it's like to be a Moderator.

Yes, zucchini cookies are great!! Tastes something like carrot cookies! Yum! Try them!
What does cookies have to do with camping at FW? The strangest things happen on some of these threads! :D
It started off as a good thing, turned into a oops, still a not so good thing. It was turned back into a good thing. Good deeds shouldn't be punished.

Well, not much cookie baking going on. Over the last few days we've been inundated with cookies and fudge from co-workers and family. My wife would shoot me if I fired up a new batch.

IMAG0846.jpg

So until after the holidays the cookie factory is closed down per the DW orders.

Merry Christmas everybody.

I'm with you on that Michael, but I did make some cookies today because I had to. I had some (dare I say) zucchini defrosted so now I had to use it up. I made my first ever batch of Zucchini cookies and I think they turned out awesome. A bit "Cakey" and some "Spice" to them, but I think they were very good.

I was a little skimpy on my holiday baking this year. I only made peanut blossoms, double chocolate chip cookies with andes mints, dipped oreos and sugar cookies. I had every intention of dropping cookies off for friends but then we got sick and I decided not to share. So basically my kids had cookies for dinner yesterday now that they are all better. :)

I hope all had a blessed Christmas!! Wishing all of you 2017 to be the best ever. Can't wait to try some of these cookies.
See you soon!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!