Throwaway Room - Offsite to Onsite Stays

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can book dining for the whole time. The board here they referred to it as 180+10, (although to me it is more like 180-10).
I thought you could only book ADR's for as long as your onsite stay. After that, it's a rolling 180.

I also had my throw away campsite for almost the duration of my offsite trip so maybe I'm off. My apologies. But man, I thought I did the whole week.

So if the campground had a lot of trees down due to a storm, and it had to be closed for a while, would throwaway reservations be cancelled? What would that do to those that were using this tactic to avoid paying for parking, extra start on fastpasses, etc.?

So if the campground had a lot of trees down due to a storm, and it had to be closed for a while, would throwaway reservations be cancelled? What would that do to those that were using this tactic to avoid paying for parking, extra start on fastpasses, etc.?

Not sure exactly. If contacted by Disney, I would just say let them know why we are doing this and ask to keep the reservation (and for them to keep their money from it) even though we know we won't have a place to stay. I don't know why Disney doesn't just go ahead and publicly embrace what they know is going on anyway, and have an option for online check in to let them know that you don't actually need the room/campground so that they know those rooms are still available for use.

Disney wants to make money. They will have the campsite clear ASAP. You can make FP selections 60 days out. You get your magic bands mailed to your house more than a month in advance. I doubt Disney would be cancelling reservations for more than a month away, so you would already have your FPs and magic bands. The only thing you would lose is free parking and at $20 per day that would be cheaper than your campsite charge.

I don't know if this is something that needs to be added to the "why would someone do this?" list or not. It is something that I have always wondered, but never really seen a good answer on the board.

What about booking bounce back offers? Could you book a "throwaway room", then during that "stay" book a bounce back for a future onsite trip (pending the current bounce back offer)? Do you have to be physically at the resort/campsite to make this call? If you pay for your room (no cancelling your reservation) and do online check in, do you even have to travel to Orlando? (I won't be using that last one myself, but it seems to be a logical extension of the "loophole" unless specifically disallowed)

Hmmm, I've been off Disboards for a while now as I haven't had a trip planned due to finances and didn't want to torture myself by reading about everyone else's trips. Last time I was on I hadn't heard of throwaway rooms. Donald Duck's comment made me think....I'm hoping to get back to Disney in the next year or two and would love to get free dining as that is the best value for my buck so to speak for me. That and a good flight price (coming from Nova Scotia, Canada) is most important.

Our trip is finally almost here! We are coming from Canada so I need to go to the campground to get our magic bands. My question is, should I also do online check in, to make getting the magic bands quicker?

Correct. :)

When the ADR window opens, it's for length of onsite stay. Then, the 180 window rolls each day.
Thank you. And again, my apologies.
I keep forgetting while I technically DID have a throwaway campsite, I reserved and paid for four nights of our trip to make sure I could grab the FP+ that were most important to us. I didn't realize the differences. Sorry!!!

We have a Throw away campsite book for 9/17-9/19. Just got this email.
We have an important update about your upcoming reservation at The Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort.

For the safety of our Guests and Cast Members, Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground is closed until further notice as we recover from Hurricane Irma.

If you wish to relocate to another Walt Disney World®Resort hotel or reschedule your trip, please contact your travel agent directly.

We apologize for the inconvenience and would like to reassure you that any customary cancellation fees will be waived.

Thank you for your understanding and flexibility.

I wonder how that will affect my plans

We have a Throw away campsite book for 9/17-9/19. Just got this email.

I wonder how that will affect my plans

That sounds different from the wdwinfo article from yesterday. It sounds like they are cancelling and it is up to you to arrange something different. Did you use a travel agent to book the campsite? Can you just ask (either Disney or your travel agent) to keep the reservation and let them know that you won't actually need the campsite?

On hold right now with Disney. First response was to have TA cancel the reservation and tickets and get new tickets. I told them I had another place to stay lined up and would forego what I had paid if I could keep my current tickets plans.

I was then put on hold because the CM had never had that question. When she came back she told me that Disney wanted to honor my reservation, at check-in I would be given a room in a different resort for the duration of my stay, but she didn't know which one.

On hold right now with Disney. First response was to have TA cancel the reservation and tickets and get new tickets. I told them I had another place to stay lined up and would forego what I had paid if I could keep my current tickets plans.

I was then put on hold because the CM had never had that question. When she came back she told me that Disney wanted to honor my reservation, at check-in I would be given a room in a different resort for the duration of my stay, but she didn't know which one.

But since you have room reservations elsewhere what happens to that room?

I am keeping my Condo at WBC. My hope is to keep my tickets, FP, Dining and parking in place so I don't have to change anything on short notice.

Hello, I am sure this is a repeat questions, but 28 pages is difficult to get through. I book a 'throw away' room for 1 night and 4 day tickets. I thought the whole per with a 'throw away room' was to be able to select my FP for the entire length of my tickets. Did this change? I went on this morning and I could only book 2 days of FP. Any advice?

Hello, I am sure this is a repeat questions, but 28 pages is difficult to get through. I book a 'throw away' room for 1 night and 4 day tickets. I thought the whole per with a 'throw away room' was to be able to select my FP for the entire length of my tickets. Did this change? I went on this morning and I could only book 2 days of FP. Any advice?

When you reach the 60 days from the check-in date, you can only book for the days of the _reservation_ to start, including check-out day. Then, 60 days from each succeeding day, you can book for that day, rolling forward. At all times the maximum number of FP days you can book is the length of the ticket.

So if your check-in date is 11/19 and check-out is 11/20, you can book those two days today. On Friday, you can book 11/21. On Saturday, you can book 11/22, etc.

The point of the throwaway room (in this context) is to get the 60 day window instead of just 30 days.

See the Fastpass+ sticky thread for more details.

Just to be sure I'm understanding correctly, and that it applies to my situation.. our dates are 11/14-11/20. First 5 nights at WBC and final night as a package at CBR with our 5 day park tickets. We will need to activate our tickets at Guest Relations since we're using them prior to our actual check in on property.

I booked a BW package back in April. Booked dining and FP+ as soon as I could. Waited patiently for a discount to be released and nothing that fit our needs came. I plan to cancel this package.

In the meantime I booked WBC and CBR. Should I wait til the 60 days clears for 5 days after my check in of CBR to cancel Boardwalk to ensure I don't lose my FPs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter