Ticket and park advice

Busterbailey

Earning My Ears
We currently are planning a 9 day split stay in July with first half on property and 2nd half at a Disney Springs hotel so we'll get the continued fp 60+. We currently have a 6 day non hopper ticket (family of 4 w/5yr and 18mo) thinking 2 days MK, HS and 1 at Epcot & AK. We were thinking of arrival day dinner so no park and we have adr's on another off day at Ohana bfast and Hoop Dee Doo. On our final park day off my wife and daughter have a noon tea reservation at the Grand Floridian.

So my question and where I'm seeking advice is should we add an extra park day and add Epcot as another park day (most likely the tea reservation day). With only 3 fp and Ratatouille most likely being a tier 1 along with FEA, would trying to get all the fp for rides we want make sense even if only going to the park for a couple of hours that extra day? Adding the extra day to our package currently stands at an extra $25. Thoughts?

We currently are planning a 9 day split stay in July with first half on property and 2nd half at a Disney Springs hotel so we'll get the continued fp 60+. We currently have a 6 day non hopper ticket (family of 4 w/5yr and 18mo) thinking 2 days MK, HS and 1 at Epcot & AK. We were thinking of arrival day dinner so no park and we have adr's on another off day at Ohana bfast and Hoop Dee Doo. On our final park day off my wife and daughter have a noon tea reservation at the Grand Floridian.

So my question and where I'm seeking advice is should we add an extra park day and add Epcot as another park day (most likely the tea reservation day). With only 3 fp and Ratatouille most likely being a tier 1 along with FEA, would trying to get all the fp for rides we want make sense even if only going to the park for a couple of hours that extra day? Adding the extra day to our package currently stands at an extra $25. Thoughts?
The only reason you should decide to add a day (or not) in advance is for pre-booking FP.
(The earlier, the better chance of getting "difficult" FPs.)

But, the cost to upgrade will remain exactly the same (and can be done) right up to and including on the same that you use your current ticket's last "day."

My opinion - since you are saving a lot of money by opting for non-PH tickets, I would definitely invest the extra few dollars for an extra day - what the worst thing that happens? You don't use it and you lose a little money. But if you don't add on, you might miss out on another day at the park doing something you really want to do. Keep the option open. Who knows, your children might have such an amazing time at MK or AK, and ask to go back for yet one more day there. Have a great time!

Thanks! I am looking to add before our trip so we can plan to book some of the harder to get fp. I'm guessing Ratatouille will be open which may allow for us to possibly get FEA on our earlier day and Rat on the proposed 2nd Epcot day assuming it's open and has fp.

I think I'm convincing myself to do it for the extra $25 which in the overall Disney vacation is not that much more for 3 tickets. Now if I schedule fp for one park and say the day before my kids want to go to another park, would I be able to cancel the fp and switch parks? Or do the advanced fp lock me in to that park since I don't have hoppers?

Thanks! I am looking to add before our trip so we can plan to book some of the harder to get fp. I'm guessing Ratatouille will be open which may allow for us to possibly get FEA on our earlier day and Rat on the proposed 2nd Epcot day assuming it's open and has fp.

I think I'm convincing myself to do it for the extra $25 which in the overall Disney vacation is not that much more for 3 tickets. Now if I schedule fp for one park and say the day before my kids want to go to another park, would I be able to cancel the fp and switch parks? Or do the advanced fp lock me in to that park since I don't have hoppers?

You can cancel the FP and switch parks as long as you haven't entered the park.

When we were on the fence about adding an extra day, I think my husband went "we're spending thousands and you're concerned about the extra 30 dollars?"

As long as your tickets are not park-specific, and it sounds like they're not, you can make changes to the fast passes whenever you want. You just obviously need to follow their 'rules'! No more than 3 FPs at time, the FPs in one park only, and no more than one tier 1 (unless you've used all 3 of them). So if you have 3 FPs for EPCOT and your kids decide they'd like another day at MK, you'd have to cancel the EPCOT FPs and see what's available at the time in MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!