Ticket question...

01Sweetpea

DIS Veteran
I think I'm missing something here....

I can get a 5 day for the price of a 2 day pass for $94.95/person or
I can get a Power AP for $99.95/person. So for the extra $5/person wouldn't I WANT to get the Power AP? The blackout dates don't conflict with our schedule (10/12 - 10/17)

I'm under the presumprion that the AP COULD get me discount hotel prices.

Is this right?

yup it could get you discount hotel rates if they are available

There is another thread..conflicting info about the powerpass giving resort discounts..so best to call universal and ask directly..get the persons name, etc.

Good luck!

*Universal Orlando Passholder benefits apply to 2-Park Annual Preferred and Celebrity Annual Passes only!!!! NOT the Power AP passes. I would call to double check at your resort, but this is what it states on the universal website.

From Mattman2k:
"I just called Hard Rock reservations and was told it didn't matter which AP I had I would get the discount"

From dpayne:
"ok i just called RPR and talked to reservationist "Gerald"
he said it did not matter which pass you had."

So, it is okay with RPR and HRH but not PBH?

My suggestion is to call the hotel first and get a name of someone that okays it.

When we went in January no one asked for our pass.

I did call HRH, and the CM (not sure if they are called that at US) said she "thought" it would be ok. Not sure I want to rely on a CM's thought.

I spoke to "Travis" at Royal Pacific last night (3/25) and he said
" Power Passes will not get the aph discount". I just think it is who you speak to. Like another poster said, if the hotel tells you it's ok, make sure you get the name of the employee and also the date and time of your call.

What I would do is show them the power pass at check-in and if they don't accept it then upgrade it to a preferred pass at the park.

I wouldn't advise purchasing the Power Pass just to get a room discount unless you could be reassured that you will be able to use it for that perk. But then, I'm the one person in 100 who would be denied the discount because it doesn't meet the rules. That's just the way my luck runs.

To upgrade to a Premium Annual Pass from the Power Pass would cost the OP another $70 for one pass. The room discount would have to exceed that amount in order to be worth it.

I would suggest checking for FAN Club and Entertainment discounts first. Try booking that way if they're available. Then check for AP rates. If an AP rate can be had for at least a $70 savings or more over the FAN/Entertainment rate, then go with it.

Also, you will only need one AP to book the room. All others in your party can have Power Passes or the 5-day passes. If you have no intentions of returning within a year, get the 5-day passes for everybody else. They're cheaper thru the Kraft Hulk Offer , where the cost is still $81.95 (+tax) per pass.

Yes that is true assuming you are only staying for one night. Preferred pass will also give you food discounts where power pass will not, so that is another saving that adds up very quickly.

Universal will also be offering its buy 1 year get one free preferred annual pass very soon (rumoured April 1). That may solve some problems for those people who intend on going more than once in the next couple of years.

mad4the mouse- ;) -

YOU could probably get the Power pass and get the discount because I have the same problem as you do - I'm always the one who is made to follow the rules even if 500 people before me had no troubles I will be the one that the policy changes on -every time ! :wave2: Here I am - I've been pegged ! ::yes:: Since I'VE been told by 3 people at 1-800-be-a-star and 2 at the RP that the power pass wouldn't be honored for hotel discounts then you are probably home free !!

I hated to worry ( last weeks post ) so many people about the Power pass being applicable to the discount but I felt it was important to allow each family to know ahead of time that there MAY be trouble- I truely hope that everyone can get the discount but I'd rather be safe then sorry AND the stress over worrying for the next 3 months just isn't worth the money to me- I'd rather know what everything will cost and so on. :D

Good Luck to all you Power Pass holders- "May the force be with you" - ooopppps- sorry - wrong board :chat:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter