Ticket/Room and Park Reservation Questions

boxer

DIS Veteran
DVC Platinum
Still holding out for AP's to come out before our trip in Nov, but losing faith. I guess we will have to book Individual tickets, which is NOT my preference at all. So with this said, we have an existing reservation at BWV. Once I buy tickets, do I have to:

1. Book each person 'seperately' for each Park Day Reservation (if we have to buy individual tickets) --which is going to be a PIA for 4-people over 9-days, lol
2. Do you need the Room Reservation number?

Any advice or tips that can be provided be appreciated? PS--I assume we are still on a 60-day Dining Reservation Calendar?

Assuming you have tickets and a stay in your MDE, you don't have to do anything additional to make sure your park reservation comes out of the right "bucket". Park reservations are booked just like fastpasses, you have to set up each day individually but you can choose everyone in your party at the same time per day as long as they are all in your MDE party.

@boxer , I think AP sales will resume prior to your trip. A CM from the VIP passholder line told @keishashadow that sales are expected to resume after they work through all the cancellations & refunds. Here's a link to the post she made in the AP thread over on the TP&A forum earlier this morning:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/a...nsions-refunds.3798147/page-163#post-62201575
I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

I guess the question is 'how' long can I effectively wait, and ensure there are parks still available? I'd MUCH rather go the AP rogue, so I'm trying to hang on as long as I can

@boxer , I think AP sales will resume prior to your trip. A CM from the VIP passholder line told @keishashadow that sales are expected to resume after they work through all the cancellations & refunds. Here's a link to the post she made in the AP thread over on the TP&A forum earlier this morning:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/a...nsions-refunds.3798147/page-163#post-62201575
I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Do people have a guess on when refunds might be completed? I know a couple others have said they think its on hold because of the refund as well and possibly a new outline of benefits to account for the reservation system.

My hope is by the end of the month as it would be prior to the incentive expiration that is going on right now for direct points.

I guess the question is 'how' long can I effectively wait, and ensure there are parks still available? I'd MUCH rather go the AP rogue, so I'm trying to hang on as long as I can

Have you been checking the reservation system for availability? That might be the spot to watch and once you start seeing any days disappear around your stay grab tickets at that point?

I trying to decide if I should cancel my AP. Is there a limit as to how long they will allow this option?

Do people have a guess on when refunds might be completed? I know a couple others have said they think its on hold because of the refund as well and possibly a new outline of benefits to account for the reservation system.

My hope is by the end of the month as it would be prior to the incentive expiration that is going on right now for direct points.
The last day to cancel your pass and get refunded is 8/11. I was told to expect a credit to original method of payment in mid-September. Checks are going to those who paid via gift cards and those may not arrive until October.

Just GUESSING, but it seems sales could resume once they know how many passholders they have left (so they can better predict park reservation demand), so maybe sometime in late August or early September. AFAIK, there hasn't been any announcements or even a rumor from a credible source, though. They did just allow cardholders to get a park reservation for each day of an on site stay in addition to 3 more not related to a stay. So I think there is hope. Still stressful for those who want APs and need them soon to make park reservations.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!