Ticket/touring planning questions

dzy76

It all started with two little girls in Disneyland
I'm heading to Florida end of July early Aug. I already paid for our VRBO for the two weeks. Doing WDW (have 8 day PH's). Probably some of those will be partial days. This will be my son's first time in Florida. We want to do a beach day, and a day to drive around and get to know the area (I hope to move and retire there). Trying to decide if we want to do 1 or 2 days at Universal. 1 day P2P with EP would be $620 ($350 without EP). 2 day P2P with EP both days would be $1140. 2 day P2P with one night at Royal Pacific would be $1030. I guess my real question is - can we do both parks in one day with EP? Not big on the coasters. Our real focus with be Harry Potter with a few others as we can fit them in. It would probably be easier with being able to go back and swim, etc. since it will be so hot (haven't been in Aug before). The pace would be kinder with 2 days, I would think. What rides are a must with EP? We are willing to do single rider lines.

I usually recommend 3-4 days for a first trip to experience a good bit of what Universal offers. If you just want to go on a bunch of rides, you can do most of them in two days but it would be rushed. You'd have to do some serious planning to squeeze in all of the shows, parades, and CityWalk.

With EP, you really don't need to do SR lines (except possibly Hagrids). One night at RPR is a great way to get your 2 days of EPs. I'd pack a bag and actually stay overnight there, so you can spend the evening in CityWalk. Universal has a great "bubble" that rivals Disney. Make sure to take the boat from RPR to the parks

If you upgrade at least one ticket to an annual pass, you can save a decent amount on the room with an APH rate. A seasonal pass is only $305, so not much more than a 2 day park-to-park ticket. If you end up really liking it there, you can upgrade the other tickets to an annual pass to come back again later...

Thanks for all the suggestions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter