Tickets & Activities for Kid & Toddler

pineapple04

Earning My Ears
Hi there! Longtime occasional reader here. My family will be visiting relatives in FL in March 2024 and are planning a 1-day visit to Magic Kingdom with our kids (they'll be 7 and 2 1/2) at that time. We will stay on site at WDW a couple nights, aren't planning to park hop, and are going in knowing that we won't be able to do and see everything. :)

I would love any advice folks have re:
- Do we need to include the 2 1/2 yr old in ticket purchases?
- Favorite things to do at WDW with kids outside of the parks, such as mini golf, swimming pools, etc.

Thanks in advance

Children under 3 are not ticketed.

Pre-kids we liked mini golf and disney springs. Post kids, the pool is just easier.

There’s a free campfire/singalong at FW at night where you can meet Chip and Dale. Lots of other stuff to do at FW as well (pony rides, fishing, carriage rides). Boat rentals are fun (pretty much all resorts on water have them but we like MK resort marinas the best) snd of course all kids love pools. A character meal like chef mickeys would be nice also and you wouldn’t have to spend time meeting them on your park day. Could also just ride transportation for fun (monorail, ferries, skylines). Explore AoA, kids should love all the giant Disney decor. Lots to do

You don’t need a ticket for a child under 3 but you do need to include them in your count for dinner reservations. On your nonpark day do the pool, hotel playground, and a character meal. On your park day do quick service with mobile order to save time. If your kids need to get out the wiggles in Magic Kingdom go to Tom Sawyers Island.

Thank you all very much for the suggestions! We're looking forward to checking out these ideas!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter