Tickets at work upgrade to AP questions

So, I am still a little confused by all this... Our trip is planned for this November around Thanksgiving. We are planning to purchase 2 Day Park to Park, 2 Parks, plus two days free from TaW for $239.00 each. We would like to upgrade at least one of our tickets to a 2 park preferred AP, maybe all of them. Is there any cost savings in doing this, or should we just buy the AP directly?

Thanks.

On the Universal website, those tickets are valued at $264.99. That is the value I would expect you to get for them, that is the value that the original poster received (she had the non park hopper so her ticket was $60 less). I may be wrong, but that is what I would be expecting.

Last edited:
Looking through ticket threads and I have the 2 day + 2 day free base ickets that we are getting through Universal. I thought they would "bridge" the ticket value up to a 4 day ticket after we got there and used them and planned to upgrade on our second day. From reading this and other threads, it looks like they won't and I will get the value I paid for them ($204 + tax), so there is really no advantage to buying now and upgrading. It will be the same price either way, unless the passes go up and then it will be more to upgrade since we aren't going until March. Is this correct? The only advantage is paying the difference at the gate but having to wait in line to do that? They are telling my TA it is $330.15 more for me to buy the Seasonal AP versus the buy 2 days get 2 free promo. I just need to decide if I want to spend that now or buy the promo then upgrade and spend that when we get there.

We bought a Costco package with (2) 2 day + 2 day free tickets, 4 nights at the Holiday Inn across the street, and a discount code toward a shuttle from/to the airport for $ 807. We upgraded our tickets to (2) Preferred Passes and it cost us an additional $ 255.60 ($ 127.80 each). We are happy with the costs. :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter