one more question...New development...might make a quick trip arriving on 4/29 question...my AP expires on 3/7...instead of renewing online wouldn’t it make more sense to wait until I I arrive on 4/29 to renew so I’m not wasting over a month?

one more question...New development...might make a quick trip arriving on 4/29 question...my AP expires on 3/7...instead of renewing online wouldn’t it make more sense to wait until I I arrive on 4/29 to renew so I’m not wasting over a month?
If you renew, the AP will expire on 3/7/21. The only way to have the year begin on 4/29/20 and end on 4/29/21 would be to give up the renewal discount and buy a new AP on 4/29.

Well darn. That's what I thought, but can't hurt to double-check.
I just would rather not "front" Disney that $600+.
So when I use the value of that ticket toward a new ticket, can I do that before the 60 days so I can get FPs?

As long as you are OK not getting FPs for her until you check in, you can still transfer your ticket to her after check in, per @Robo 's response to your original inquiry.

As long as you are OK not getting FPs for her until you check in, you can still transfer your ticket to her after check in, per @Robo 's response to your original inquiry.

Unfortunately I'm not OK not getting her FPs until we get there. We'll be getting FPs for lots of the hardest rides, so I don't see how we could get those for her after we get there.

Anyone know if I can use an old non-expiration ticket with Water Park fun and more to enter the NBA Experience? It's from a few years ago and still has some "water park and more" entitlements on it. Thanks!

Anyone know if I can use an old non-expiration ticket with Water Park fun and more to enter the NBA Experience? It's from a few years ago and still has some "water park and more" entitlements on it. Thanks!
I know of no such exclusions, even though NBAX was built long after you bought your tickets.
(I imagine they'd actually be happy if you chose to visit NBAX over a Water Park admission.)

I know of no such exclusions, even though NBAX was built long after you bought your tickets.
(I imagine they'd actually be happy if you chose to visit NBAX over a Water Park admission.)

I figured they'd be thrilled to let anyone into the NBA Ex! It's not for me, I'm asking for a friend who has 36 water park and more admissions left on an old ticket! Yikes! She is literally desperate to start using them all. I know that the theme parks days aren't supposed to be good for future parks that are unbuilt at the time of the ticket purchase. Didn't know if the fun and more options worked that way too. Thanks!

II know that the theme parks days aren't supposed to be good for future parks that are unbuilt at the time of the ticket purchase.
That is not necessarily true, either.
It was not the case when they opened Disney's Animal Kingdom, and it was that way only for a very limited time when the first opened D/MGM Studios.

Idk if this is the place to ask, but I know DVC get the florida resident rate on AP. Can they also get the florida rate on regular tickets?

Ticket question that I didn't see covered in the info posts.
Thanks to some quick thinking on my part I was able to grab AP certificates at a discount that I'll use instead of renewing our existing AP.
These vouchers have been emailed to me.
Is there some best way to keep these in a secure spot till we need them? I know with tickets I can store them, for lack of better words, in MDE. I'm thinking I can't do that with these vouchers, can I?
I'm thinking of saving the documents to the Cloud, in a couple different places, in addition to saving the email itself. Maybe printing them out and putting them where I store our Magic Bands trip to trip.
Is there something I'm not thinking of? Mostly wondering about MDE, am I right that there's no way to add them there?

Ticket question that I didn't see covered in the info posts.
Thanks to some quick thinking on my part I was able to grab AP certificates at a discount that I'll use instead of renewing our existing AP.
These vouchers have been emailed to me.
Is there some best way to keep these in a secure spot till we need them? I know with tickets I can store them, for lack of better words, in MDE. I'm thinking I can't do that with these vouchers, can I?
I'm thinking of saving the documents to the Cloud, in a couple different places, in addition to saving the email itself. Maybe printing them out and putting them where I store our Magic Bands trip to trip.
Is there something I'm not thinking of? Mostly wondering about MDE, am I right that there's no way to add them there?
Just email their NUMBERS to yourself, and/or store their NUMBERS in the place that you keep, say, your web passwords and the like.
Scan (or photograph) them and email the images to yourself.
The physical certificates are less important than their numbers.

And, if you want to put them into your MDX, they can't get "accidentally" used, as they must be activated in-person.

If I purchased tickets with the Park Hopper Plus option before today, will I be able to go to the NBA Experience? I looked at my receipt for when I bought the tickets and it doesn't list what the valid entitlements are for Hopper Plus anywhere. I bought them direct from Disney if that matters. The difference in price of the tickets for my family of 4 is $233 plus tax. My kids actually like the NBA Experience and we will be staying at SSR, so it would be something they would use.

If I buy a Water Park annual pass on Disney's website, would the start date be the day of purchase or the day of first use?

There doesn't seem to be as much information available for these tickets as the regular APs.

Thanks for any help!

So, planning for 2021 and was thinking of about 14-16 days with PH+ and spending most days in a primary park. Usually we would RD to close for 2 straight days, then take a full rest day, rinse, repeat for about 2-3 cycles. Now, we're looking at every day, but most being half or quarter-days (with one or two full days) strategically broken up with ADRs, mini golf, water parks, resorts etc to be more restful and relaxing.

So, it looks like I would be maxed at 10 day Tix. One example of a day would be half day at AK, then going over to Blizzard Beach and mini golf. So, if I read the info on post 1 correctly, this day would use 1 park ticket plus 2 PH+ entries. We would have other days with just a half day at a park and then have activities at other resorts.

It would seem that we are limited by DAYS to primary parks, but by entries only (not days) to secondary parks. Is that correct? We only will use about 3 (maybe 4) PH+, but had thought we could do more than 10 park days. We can rearrange our PH park plans to max it at 10, if needed.

So, instead of doing quarter day or half day park days coupled with PH+ activities, it seems that we might be better off combining primary park days together as much as possible and saving days 11+ for PH+ activities, yes?

Thanks!

It would seem that we are limited by DAYS to primary parks, but by entries only (not days) to secondary parks. Is that correct?
Correct.
  • With the Hopper, you can go to 1 park in the morning, take a resort break in the afternoon, and go to a different park in the evening -- that is just 1 park day.
  • Do a waterpark and mini-golf for a "non-park" day, and that uses 2 "Plus" entries.
So, instead of doing quarter day or half day park days coupled with PH+ activities, it seems that we might be better off combining primary park days together as much as possible and saving days 11+ for PH+ activities, yes?
No need to group the days unless that's really how you want to do it. With the Park-Hopper Plus ticket, you will have a total of 15 calendar days to use any/all entitlements -- 10 major theme park days and 10 minor "plus" entries. So you can have non-park days interspersed with park days (half days or full doesn't matter, a park day is a park day).

Enjoy your vacation!

Correct.
  • With the Hopper, you can go to 1 park in the morning, take a resort break in the afternoon, and go to a different park in the evening -- that is just 1 park day.
  • Do a waterpark and mini-golf for a "non-park" day, and that uses 2 "Plus" entries.

No need to group the days unless that's really how you want to do it. With the Park-Hopper Plus ticket, you will have a total of 15 calendar days to use any/all entitlements -- 10 major theme park days and 10 minor "plus" entries. So you can have non-park days interspersed with park days (half days or full doesn't matter, a park day is a park day).

Enjoy your vacation!
Thanks, the idea was that we would be in a primary park for at least a quarter or half day for all 12-14 days of the trip, some of those being using PH and others being PH+ and others just being resorts or ADRs for part of the day. But since we are limited to 10 park days, will need to juggle some plans around. We were theming some days (frontier land with FW-HDDR and campfire; pirate adv cruise with Adventureland and Capt Hook pirates crew; things like that. Plus combining a half AK day with BB/minigolf due to travel proximity). That all being said, getting a jump on how we do our days for June 2021. At least we have plenty of time. :)

Thanks again!

Oh, I see, your "theming" of the days -- that's a cute idea! I never thought of doing that.

The limit of 10 "park" days only pertains to Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom. Those are the "major" theme parks and a 10-day ticket allows you to enter one (or more) of those parks on 10 different calendar days within a 15-day period.

Your "Plus" options can be used on different days, not necessarily combined with a major theme park entry day. You get a total of 10 "plus" entries for water parks, mini-golf, Oak Trail golf, and maybe the NBA experience.

You'll have a total of 15 calendar days to use all entitlements.

If you wanted more than 10 major theme park days, you would need to consider an AP or buying an additional ticket.

Enjoy your vacation!

If I purchased tickets with the Park Hopper Plus option before today, will I be able to go to the NBA Experience?
I know of no such exclusions. Time will tell.

Last edited:
Wish I had known about ticket price increase i had decided to renew my AP which expires 3/7. But now with the increase not doing it....seems like they just increased prices a short time ago....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter