My wife and I have been planning on getting an annual pass in a few years. If we were to purchase the annual pass certificates now, would be have to pay the price difference (assuming price increases continue) when we activate them in a couple of years? Also how long until the AP Certificate expires?

My wife and I have been planning on getting an annual pass in a few years.
1. If we were to purchase the annual pass certificates now, would be have to pay the price difference (assuming price increases continue) when we activate them in a couple of years?
2. Also how long until the AP Certificate expires?
1. Nope. No up-charge is required.
2. AP certificates will be ready for activation (at least) until Dec. 31, 2030.

Is it worth it to buy tickets now from UT (5 day PH) if I don't know when I'm going next? They ask for a start date when you go to purchase.

Is it worth it to buy tickets now from UT (5 day PH) if I don't know when I'm going next? They ask for a start date when you go to purchase.
That can depend on just how far off your trip will actually be.
Just do the math and see.

That can depend on just how far off your trip will actually be.
Just do the math and see.
I don't get it. Why does it matter how far off my trip will be? I am guessing that you can use the tickets anytime and you can bridge them to the price in effect on the day you go?

I was considering purchase since the price just went up again.

Last edited:
I don't get it. Why does it matter how far off my trip will be?
You asked a "worth it" question.
Is it worth it to buy tickets now from UT...
If you want to invest today's dollars of your money in tickets that will not be used for an indeterminate amount of time, and then, pay the difference price on future new tickets (after who-knows how much the price will have gone up) then, the "worth it" can be a different situation to various guests.

ok thanks. Tried putting in 'no start date required' and the price is much higher.

Last edited:

Very specific, probably never asked question:

My friend and her two daughters are joining us in June. The purchased five day Canadian resident tickets. Disney mailed them the exchange certificates.

I am heading to WDW next week. If I have copies of their passports, would I be able to go to guest services and verify their residency on their behalf so the tickets are activated and they will be able to go directly to the gate in June? They have magic bands already that I could bring with me as well, if necessary.

My friend and her two daughters are joining us in June. The purchased five day Canadian resident tickets. Disney mailed them the exchange certificates.

I am heading to WDW next week.
If I have copies of their passports, would I be able to go to guest services and verify their residency on their behalf so the tickets are activated and they will be able to go directly to the gate in June? They have magic bands already that I could bring with me as well, if necessary.
Iffy.
You not being a family member and not having a similar address (I assume)
and the photo ID for adult(s) can't be compared with the person picking up the tickets...
that kind of thing could look like possible fraud.

“Any day in which you go to one (or more) Secondary park(s)
and do not go to any of the Primary theme parks will only count as entries against the WP Fun option and will not use up a day of Primary theme park visits.“

Just want to make sure I have this right...we will be in WDW from Aug 14-24 and have purchased 8 day park hopper plus tickets. If we go to primary parks for 8 of those days, on the other days we could go to the water parks and/or mini golf and it will not count against our 8 days, correct? For example, could we do the following:

Aug 14 Arrive 8pm Disney Springs Dinner
Aug 15 MK/EP
Aug 16 HS
Aug 17 AK/EP
Aug 18 BB/ Mini Golf/Disney Springs
Aug 19 MK/HS
Aug 20 MK
Aug 21 TL/ Disney Springs
Aug 22 EP
Aug 23 HS/AK
Aug 24 AK Evening Departure

This would give us 8 primary park days, and our other days would be water parks, mini golf, Disney Springs. Do I have this right?

My husband and son received 2 one day passes expiring in 2022 to Hollywood studios. They received them when the SWride broke down. I told don’t him these couldn’t be upgraded. Am I right.

Can someone help clarify this for me?

I have parkhoppers for June. I bought them as part of a package before the price increase on tickets. Will I pay the old cost to upgrade if I add a day, or the new cost?
I plan to call Disney tomorrow to work this out regardless, but I know phone CMs are not crazy reliable so I'm trying to ensure I have my end of things straight.

Can someone help clarify this for me?

I have parkhoppers for June. I bought them as part of a package before the price increase on tickets. Will I pay the old cost to upgrade if I add a day, or the new cost?
I plan to call Disney tomorrow to work this out regardless, but I know phone CMs are not crazy reliable so I'm trying to ensure I have my end of things straight.
New cost.

My husband and son received 2 one day passes expiring in 2022 to Hollywood studios. They received them when the SWride broke down. I told don’t him these couldn’t be upgraded. Am I right.
Right.

“Any day in which you go to one (or more) Secondary park(s)
and do not go to any of the Primary theme parks will only count as entries against the WP Fun option and will not use up a day of Primary theme park visits.“

Just want to make sure I have this right...we will be in WDW from Aug 14-24 and have purchased 8 day park hopper plus tickets.

1. If we go to primary parks for 8 of those days, on the other days we could go to the water parks and/or mini golf and it will not count against our 8 days, correct? For example, could we do the following:

Aug 14 Arrive 8pm Disney Springs Dinner
Aug 15 MK/EP
Aug 16 HS
Aug 17 AK/EP
Aug 18 BB/ Mini Golf/Disney Springs
Aug 19 MK/HS
Aug 20 MK
Aug 21 TL/ Disney Springs
Aug 22 EP
Aug 23 HS/AK
Aug 24 AK Evening Departure

2. This would give us 8 primary park days, and our other days would be water parks, mini golf, Disney Springs. Do I have this right?
1. Correct.
2. Right.

Mini golf questions:

Both Fantasia Gardens and Winter Summerland each offer 2 courses, as far as I've read. Do you use an entry for each course or just for each location? (Would golfing both winter and summer count as one entry or two?)

Also, I've seen here and on other sites (but NOT Disney's official site) that the minigolf usage on the PH+ must be done prior to 4 pm (is that enter by 4 pm or completed by 4pm?) Related, the bonus activities that come with our MBs provide a usage prior to 4 pm also. However, WDW lists hours much later into the evening. If it is AFTER 4pm, is it cash-entry only? That seems strange.

We are thinking of doing one course after each if our 2 AK partial days. One at WS and the other at FG. Our AK/WS day would probably also do BB. So, based on the timing, I assume it would be better to do AK/WS/BB rather than AK/BB/WS.

Mini golf questions:

Both Fantasia Gardens and Winter Summerland each offer 2 courses, as far as I've read. Do you use an entry for each course or just for each location? (Would golfing both winter and summer count as one entry or two?)

Also, I've seen here and on other sites (but NOT Disney's official site) that the minigolf usage on the PH+ must be done prior to 4 pm (is that enter by 4 pm or completed by 4pm?) Related, the bonus activities that come with our MBs provide a usage prior to 4 pm also. However, WDW lists hours much later into the evening. If it is AFTER 4pm, is it cash-entry only? That seems strange.

Mini-golf as a Plus entitlement must be before 4pm. I found this in the small print:
Miniature golf valid for one round. Round must start prior to 4:00 PM. Only one miniature golf visit per day.
Cash or credit card in the evenings.

Enjoy your vacation!

Mini-golf as a Plus entitlement must be before 4pm. I found this in the small print:
Miniature golf valid for one round. Round must start prior to 4:00 PM. Only one miniature golf visit per day.
Cash or credit card in the evenings.

Enjoy your vacation!
Ok. Thanks. So, we would have to choose between doing winter OR summer, but not both? Or could we use the PH+ entry for one and then use the bonus activities card for the other ? (Again assuming we do it all before 4 pm)

Ok. Thanks. So, we would have to choose between doing winter OR summer, but not both? Or could we use the PH+ entry for one and then use the bonus activities card for the other ? (Again assuming we do it all before 4 pm)
While I knew about the before 4pm restriction, I was not aware of the one round per day restriction until I looked that up last night. I don't know if it's new or we just never tried to do back-to-back rounds of mini-golf. I don't know if they'll allow you to use the bonus activity card or not for a second round. You can try. I believe that is also prior to 4pm.

Enjoy your vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!