Just an update to my post last week: We went to Epcot on Saturday using regular Florida Resident tickets, and immediately went to Guest Relations. We were the only guests in there as the park was just opening, and we asked very very very very nicely if we could get our tickets upgraded to Florida Resident Annual Passes. The answer was 'no' unfortunately. She was hopeful that they would be selling Annual Passes in the future, but they didn't know when because 'things are constantly changing'. She did make a note on our account that we would like to use our purchased tickets towards an annual pass in the future if it does become available.

thanks for the update. We want to upgrade our 4 day tickets in September so even having them notate that would be helpful for us - even though we wouldn’t get photos from the trip or anything. We shall see what happens in September

Purchasing the FL resident magic flex for myself and two kids (under 18). I don’t have the identification to prove FL residency online and know I will need to do this at guest services. Will I receive the ticket information immediately to link to MDE for access pick my park dates?

Questioning how this works. Or what needs to be done.

Thanks.

I'm getting really frustrated with My Disney Experience! :badpc:

I have an AP certificate in my account and I have park reservations made with it for January, so I am unable to reassign it to a fictional person in my account.

I decided do not want to activate it this August, so I checked the reservation calendar and it's wide open for resort guests and park ticket holders. I bought a 2-day base ticket that I want to use. It let me make a reservation for DHS on a day that is not available for AP holders. Now, it is NOT letting me make a reservation for MK on a date that is not available for AP holders.

In between making the two reservations, the order that the two tickets are listed within my account somehow swapped.

I think what happened is it let me book as a park ticket holder and/or resort guest for the first day, and now it's thinking I'm booking as an AP holder since that is what is first on the list. How do I fix this? Please help!

The order of tickets randomly flipped back in MDE, but I'm still unable to book a park reservation. This is really frustrating since it's telling me it's not available and to look at the calendar, which clearly shows it IS available for park tickets AND resort guests, and I fall into both of those categories.

I guess I'm going to have to call tomorrow, and hopefully there is still availability.

Edit: I called and it's all fixed! party:

Also, she was able to confirm a guest that for some reason wasn't linking. I realized after I got off the phone that part of my resort reservation was missing, and that was the day I was having the problem, so maybe that was it. :confused3 Anyway, it's all sorted now, and she said she prioritized the 2-day ticket to be used first at the entrance gate.

Last edited:

Hello Everyone,

I am hoping for some wisdom from this group of Disney AP experts. I am debating canceling an annual pass and applying for a partial refund.

At this point, my AP will expire in early November - and quite frankly with health concerns and other limitations unfortunately I do not anticipate a trip by the expiry date. But, I know that I will have a renewal discount and recently learned that Disney is not selling new APs. Does this apply to renewals? (Really, wish I could figure out the partial refund to determine if the renewal discount saves me more money -- but the pass would start on a November date -- and do not anticipate a trip until mid - 2021)

Also, I have a seven day park hopper ticket with expiry date of September 26, 2021 -- can you still use the funds of a ticket to purchase an annual pass. I am really hoping to take a few short trips and longer trip in 2021.

Any suggestions for me.

Hello Everyone,

I am hoping for some wisdom from this group of Disney AP experts. I am debating canceling an annual pass and applying for a partial refund.

At this point, my AP will expire in early November - and quite frankly with health concerns and other limitations unfortunately I do not anticipate a trip by the expiry date. But, I know that I will have a renewal discount and recently learned that Disney is not selling new APs. Does this apply to renewals? (Really, wish I could figure out the partial refund to determine if the renewal discount saves me more money -- but the pass would start on a November date -- and do not anticipate a trip until mid - 2021)
Try for the refund (if any.)
Makes little financial sense to renew the AP (if that's even possible) in Nov. 2020 and not use it until mid 2021.
(The renewal discount is only about 15% of the full cost of an AP.)

Last edited:

Do unused park tickets expire under the new system? I want to purchase our park tickets now for out January trip, but afraid if the parks close up again, we will suffer the financial loss.

Thanks!

Doubt you have anything to worry about, for example guests that had tickets during and even after this year's closure have had their tickets extended until Sept. 26, 2021. If WDW were to close again expect similar results.

Why do you need to purchase tickets now for January?

Dave

Doubt you have anything to worry about, for example guests that had tickets during and even after this year's closure have had their tickets extended until Sept. 26, 2021. If WDW were to close again expect similar results.

Why do you need to purchase tickets now for January?

Dave

Thank you! Honestly, I don't know if I need to actually purchase them now! I'm so confused with the new rules. I guess my thought process is we need to purchase the tickets now so we can reserve the time entry into the parks. I don't really know how this all works now and am afraid if we don't reserve our entry time, we could risk having the park be all booked up (like an ADR).

Do unused park tickets expire under the new system? I want to purchase our park tickets now for out January trip, but afraid if the parks close up again, we will suffer the financial loss.
Yes, all tickets do eventually expire.
But, even if you, yourself (for whatever reason,) bought but didn't ever use WDW tickets and just let them expire, you would still be able to use what you paid for them to help pay for new tickets at a time in the future that you were ready to make a WDW trip.

Unused date-based tickets can always be used towards an upgrade for new dates if you have to cancel or change plans.
It looks like at this point, all parks are available every day in January. You can buy your tickets and make those reservations now if you wish. If your trip is questionable, you may want to wait but keep an eye on the parks reservations.

Yes, all tickets do eventually expire.
But, even if you, yourself (for whatever reason,) bought but didn't ever use WDW tickets and just let them expire, you would still be able to use what you paid for them to help pay for new tickets at a time in the future that you were ready to make a WDW trip.

Thank you-can you further explain this? If I bought tickets tomorrow for our January trip, the trip ends up not happening (due to state closure or other reasons), Disney will let me apply the total amount I spent on those tickets toward new ones at a later date? Does it matter if we buy them through AAA as opposed to WDW direct in this situation?

Last edited:
I have a 4 park magic ticket. I was thinking of buying a 1 day ticket to get 5 days. I thought about upgrading it to a 5 day base ticket but it cost more than just buying a one day ticket.
My question is when checking the price I picked our last day for the date of the one day ticket because it was one of the cheaper days.
When we scan our band will it know which ticket to use? I have never had more than one ticket before lol.

Hello. I know the answer is going to be "no"....but I thought maybe I'd try during this Covid period. This would be a NON Florida resident person. Are there ANY discounts out there for Epcot right now (for September) ? Even an evening ticket? Just wondering. I am an AP but will be with someone who does NOT have tickets and was only interested in Epcot. Thanks. 🐱

Thank you-can you further explain this?
If I bought tickets tomorrow for our January trip, the trip ends up not happening (due to state closure or other reasons),
1. Disney will let me apply the total amount I spent on those tickets toward new ones at a later date?
2. Does it matter if we buy them through AAA as opposed to WDW direct in this situation?
1. Yes.
2. Nope.

I have a 4 park magic ticket. I was thinking of buying a 1 day ticket to get 5 days. I thought about upgrading it to a 5 day base ticket but it cost more than just buying a one day ticket.
My question is when checking the price I picked our last day for the date of the one day ticket because it was one of the cheaper days.
When we scan our band will it know which ticket to use?
BEFORE you go to the gate at the first park, stop by any Guest Relations and have them set the ticket that you want to use first as your top "priority" in MDX.

Last edited:
Hello.

I was wondering if Disney is providing refunds for annual passes that haven’t been activated yet or if it is only for those passes that have already started to be used?

Thanks so much.

Hello.

I was wondering if Disney is providing refunds for annual passes that haven’t been activated yet or if it is only for those passes that have already started to be used?

Thanks so much.
You can ask. An unused/non-activated AP certificate doesn't expire until at least 2030, so you can activate it at any point in the future. No additional expense. Unless you need the cash in hand now, or absolutely will never return to WDW, you might want hold onto it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!