Hi Guys!

We bought our tickets through Undercover Tourist. I want to add one more day, is there an affordable way to do this? If I purchase a one day ticket it's $500 for me and my 2 kids. I know with Disney you can change it and pay the difference but it looks like I'm out of luck. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't another option I'm missing
I believe UT will take it back for a 5% re-stock fee and then sell you a new ticket. How many days do you have on your ticket and when is your trip? The max length for 2020 is a 7-day ticket, more than that and you will need to buy a separate 1-day ticket. The max for 2021 returns to 10-days. You can wait to add a day when at WDW, but depending on when and what park you want for the extra day, availability of park reservations could be an issue. I'd try calling WDW to ask if you can add a day in advance, they worst they can say is "no"

I believe UT will take it back for a 5% re-stock fee and then sell you a new ticket. How many days do you have on your ticket and when is your trip? The max length for 2020 is a 7-day ticket, more than that and you will need to buy a separate 1-day ticket. The max for 2021 returns to 10-days. You can wait to add a day when at WDW, but depending on when and what park you want for the extra day, availability of park reservations could be an issue. I'd try calling WDW to ask if you can add a day in advance, they worst they can say is "no"
We have 3 days. We will be there NY week so I know it's a busy one. I don't want to lose my park days though. I think I'll have to just be happy with my 3 day ticket lol

Hi Guys!

We bought our tickets through Undercover Tourist. I want to add one more day, is there an affordable way to do this? If I purchase a one day ticket it's $500 for me and my 2 kids. I know with Disney you can change it and pay the difference but it looks like I'm out of luck. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't another option I'm missing
UT ticket upgrades work exactly the same way as upgrading “Disney-bought” tickets.

The title of this thread is basically my question. We were scheduled to go to Disney this December but with Covid spiking I had to make the tough choice to cancel. My daughter and I have un activated annual passes as 2020 was to be the year we were going to make lots of trips (go figure) so we are all set as those are good for several years until you actually activate them. I do however have a 5 day ticket I bought for my wife (she only likes to go once in a while) that is linked to the dates we were going to be there.

I tried to just change the date range to a random range in the future but the calendar beyond Dec is grayed out so I cant change the ticket. I am guessing it will just convert to some sort of credit or voucher if I just leave it and let the date range pass but i am hesitant to do it and then find out it just expires and we lose the money from it. I really dont want to spend the time on hold to try to do this over the phone (especially as we don't have new dates yet) but will if it means not losing the money.

If anyone has any thoughts they would be greatly appreciated.

You can just hang onto the ticket until you are ready to go and then apply the value of that unused ticket towards a new one. When did you purchase the ticket? Depending on when the ticket was purchased, it might have been extended to be valid for use anytime through late September next year.

"Partially used multi-day theme park tickets with a usage window impacted by park closure, or date-specific theme park tickets purchased through June 6, 2020 with a valid use period beginning March 12, 2020 or later, will automatically be extended to use any date through September 26, 2021. If you are unable to visit by September 26, 2021, you may apply the value of a wholly unused ticket toward the purchase of a ticket for a future date."
(from Disney's website, down towards the bottom of this page - https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/parks/)

When did you purchase your wife's ticket? If it was prior to the closure/re-opening, then it should have been automatically extended through 9/26/2021. You may use it anytime before then. If you won't be back before next fall, just hold onto the ticket (keep a record of the ticket #) and it can be upgraded to new dated tickets when you have a firm date. Be aware the ticket may disappear from MDE but WDW should be able to "see" it for the upgrade.

Thank you both for the replies. I think I bought the ticket right around the time they started selling tickets again after the shutdown. It was actually originally for Jan but then we changed trip to Dec. Had same problem then switching and had to call to change it. They said it was because it was crossing from year to year.

Thanks for tip on writing down ticket number too. I will have to make sure to do that.

I had a 7 day ticket in June 2021 that I wanted to change to December 2020 - it wouldn't allow me to do it on-line. I chatted with Disney cast member who told me if there is a change in year of the ticket (2021 - 2020), you have to call to change the date. hope this helps.

Yes, for sure keep the ticket number, and if there is any problems when you call in the future, ask to talk to "ticketing." I had a bear of a time not long ago with 2 tickets that disappeared off of MDE, and had several CM's answer the phone that had no clue what to do and sent me on a wild goose chase for several days (even telling me there was nothing Disney could do, which I knew was wrong); however, when I got put through to ticketing the second time, the rock star CM fixed it right up for me.

My niece has purchased an elec/paperless one day ticket fron undercover tourist for herself and family . She linked tix to each in MDE and made reservations for MK. They are going tomorrow and have not printed out the confirmation. Is guest services able to scan that barcode and give them cards? (They did not bring old magic bands, so assume they need to go to guest services before gate).

My niece has purchased an elec/paperless one day ticket fron undercover tourist for herself and family .
1. She linked tix to each in MDE and made reservations for MK. They are going tomorrow and
2. have not printed out the confirmation.
3. Is guest services able to scan that barcode and give them cards? (They did not bring old magic bands, so
4. assume they need to go to guest services before gate).
1. That's good.
2. Not necessary.
3. They can access the info from the MDE account.
4. They CAN do that
-OR-
They can just go directly to the park entrance gate and the ticket cards will be issued right there.
(Adults should bring a legal ID with them.)

1. That's good.
2. Not necessary.
3. They can access the info from the MDE account.
4. They CAN do that
-OR-
They can just go directly to the park entrance gate and the ticket cards will be issued right there.
(Adults should bring a legal ID with them.)

Thanks so much for the quick reply, I really appreciate it - and wonderful to know they can go to the park entrance gate! (I also reminded them to bring ID - thank you!)

What happens if you have a paper ticket from the 80s & 90s that is unused ? Do you have to go in person or can you trade it before? Do you have to give up your 30 year old keepsake ?

What happens if you have a paper ticket from the 80s & 90s that is unused ?
1, Do you have to go in person
2. or can you trade it before?
3. Do you have to give up your 30 year old keepsake ?
1. Traditionally, yes.
2. Traditionally, no.
3. Sometimes (sometimes) they will let you keep the original ticket.
(Ask nicely.)

Hello. We are planning a trip in March. My husband is not sure if he will be able to go. If I go ahead and buy him a ticket and he can't go in march, can he use it the next year? I want to make sure he gets park reservations, but we won't know for sure if he can go until Feb and I'm afraid by then the reservations will be full.

Yes, the ticket will stick around. If the new dates cost more, you'll have to pay the difference. Also, make sure you always keep the ticket number for reference (this is especially important if the ticket "disappears" from MDE if it goes past the use date; it may disappear from what you can see, but the CM can find it in the system if needed).

I will be heading to WDW on 12/2 and was going to stop at Disney Springs first to get my tickets prioritized - the ticket that I purchased for this trip from a third party has park hoppers assigned to it. Will they just give me a cash refund or some other credit for the park hopper portion of my ticket?
We had PH tickets from a 3rd party - done before the last price hike. We went to guest services on our first park day. (AK last Saturday) They had to convert tickets to new price and refund the difference. We had option of a gift card or refund to my credit card. Since we are here and figured we would spend it on our trip, I did the gift card.

My family and I are considering a trip immediately after Christmas. Yes... I know the crowds (we were there last year) and I know the COVID restrictions. I am a teacher and this is when we can go. We are not newbies... this is not our first trip nor will it be the last. anyway, looking at parks on december 28, 29, 30 and 31 for sure. Park hopping resumes January 1.... would I be able to
Add hoppers for just January 1 and 2 if we wanted? I know in the past you had to have all days hoppers. We will most likely eliminate Epcot unless we could add a hopper at the end...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter