Tiffins or Narcoossee's for my birthday dinner? Poll posted. UPDATE 8/26 New question Post 11

Tiffins or Narcoossee's for my birthday dinner?

• Tiffins

Votes: 19 46.3%
  • Narcoossee's

Votes: 22 53.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TeresaNJ

Magic Begins With Me
Hello fellow WDW fans! We have a trip coming up in three weeks, and it will be the first time I'll be in WDW for my birthday. Trying to decide between Tiffins or Narcoossee's for my birthday dinner. We've never eaten at Tiffins, and we haven't eaten at Narcoossee's in 15 years. My birthday falls on Friday, September 15th. Right now I have a ROL dining package scheduled at Tiffins for Monday, the 18th of September, but I'm considering cancelling it and just doing standby. I have Narcoossee's scheduled for my birthday, on the 15th, at 9pm, and will be able to view the fireworks from MNSSHP hopefully. I'd love to keep both reservations, but financially, I shouldn't. ;) Help me decide!

I voted for Narcoossee's out of the 2 restaurants you listed. You could do a late dinner that would include a fireworks show at the MK.

I voted for Narcoossees. I had my birthday dinner there last year and we loved it. The fireworks from the porch were great and we loved the food. Personally, tiffins menu doesn't excite me so if I had to choose- narcoossees hands down.

So far almost 50/50, lol. Only Narcoossee voters are commenting though, so we shall see! :flower1:

I find that resort based restaurants are more relaxed and less hectic than a park-based restaurant. For a special celebration you can't bear Narcoossee

I voted for Tiffins since you haven't been there, but you can't go wrong with either. Tiffins is one of our favorite restaurants on property.

Another question. For those who have eaten at the Nomad Lounge as well as the main restaurant at Tiffin's, do you think I'd be satisfied just doing the Nomad Lounge on another day, in place of Tiffins? Then I could go to Narcoossee's for my birthday dinner, and still have an experience at Tiffins that isn't quite as pricey.

I voted for Narcoosee's. The food is excellent and the ambience wonderful! The fireworks from the patio are the finishing touch! We have only eaten at Tiffins once, but we were less impressed. The atmosphere and service were 'meh' and the food we selected borderline. Just our opinion and only based on one experience, however.

Happy Birthday!

We've eaten at both Nomad Lounge and Tiffins. The experiences are different, though wonderful in their way.

Nomad Lounge offers excellent service, excellent drinks, and small shareable plates in a very relaxed, casual setting.
Tiffins offers fine dining service, impeccable plating, quality prepared dishes that rival Victoria & Alberts* in a relaxed, signature dining setting.

I hope you have a :bday: and lots of fun on your trip!!

*I know, strong words about V&A. We've been to V&A and to Tiffins twice, on the second time we received a lovely setting that included a "Welcome Back" greeting. The food has been consistently well prepared such that I'd actually pick Tiffins over V&A- based on quality of food and plating of the dish. Of course, if I really wanted 5-7 courses of Tiffins, I'd go to V&A.... :cutie:

Wow, so the votes are split just about evenly! I was able to get a ROL FP for both my birthday night and the following Monday night, which we were planning on going to AK that evening also. I want to see ROL and I want to explore Pandora at night, and with ROL being at 8:45 on Friday night, and 8:15 on Monday, I don't think we'd be able to do both the same evening. Since the latest ROL dining package is so early, in my opinion, it kind of ruins the early part of the day, and we'd have to rush from the park we're at to get to our ROL dining reservation on time. Having said that, I've decided to do the ROL via FP on Monday, and explore Pandora at night on the evening of my birthday. I'm pretty sure I'm going to do Yak & Yeti for my birthday dinner. I have a Landry's card, so don't need to make a reservation, I have a $25 credit to use there, and I love it! Still want to do Tiffins, but will probably just do the Nomad Lounge for lunch one day (we're going to AK at least four times during our trip, it's my fav park). If I could be assured that I could do ROL and see Pandora at night on the same evening, I'd do it all Monday night, and go to the Boathouse for my birthday dinner, as I"m dying to try it, and we'll still be at POR that evening. We don't switch to Kidani until Saturday. So another question, do you think it can be done? ROL at 8:15, and still get over to Pandora to walk around before they make us leave the park?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!