Tim Burton to direct live action Dumbo

so you mean I get to bawl my eyes out over an actual elephant instead of an animated one now? Great.

in all seriousness, I love Tim Burton, and it will probably be gorgeous...but Dumbo is hard to watch!! I can't hear Baby of Mine without bursting into tears.

I'm not a fan of Tim Burton..... Never saw his version of Alice..... This kinda terrifies me......

sailorstitch

I'm only wondering how Burton will shoe horn Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter into this.

Didn't like Alice so won't be seeing this, despite being a fan of Burton's older works.

I'm only wondering how Burton will shoe horn Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter into this.

Didn't like Alice so won't be seeing this, despite being a fan of Burton's older works.

Burton and HBC have split, AFAIK, so he won't be obligated to shoehorn her in anymore...I'm sure JD will be in there, probably as the stork ;)

I refuse to believe this is anything more than someone forgetting it's not aprils fools day yet.

Consider the possibilities: A really good script, some amazing special effects including digital elephants that look totally real - It could be really amazing. Or terrible.

Im trying to keep an open mind about this one but disney is doing an awful lot for live action movies. I thought maleficent and cinderella were great but some of these new ones like dumbo, and winnie the pooh (not sure if that is just a rumor) make me wonder if disney is just following the money or if they are going to give these characters more respect.

My only thoughts are

1 ew! Not a Burton fan.

2 Helene Bonham Carter as Mrs Jumbo and Johny Depp as her baby Dumbo. Again Ew!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter