Time For River Country To Be Developed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bama_ed

It's kind of fun to do the impossible-Walt Disney
http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...country-site-according-to-permits-just-filed/

Permits filed and approved for boring core samples. I will have to check this out next week. :magnify:

Bama Ed

PS - in the photo the area is the land just to the left of Clementine's Beach (that goes out toward the Shoe Tree), the area behind the Tri-Circle D Horse Barn, and across the bus road that goes to Wilderness Lodge across from the side of the Horse Barn.

EDIT - the wetland across the bus road from the TCD Barn has no boring symbols. And to be honest, that portion of land is not visually attractive. So potentially no development over there. It's just within the map's view.

Last edited:
It's different location than the last proposed area from 2011. Well, now I got something to snoop around on my down days at least next week. Doubt they would start the boring yet but at least look at the area.

Interesting.

The section closer to WL looks like it could be an extension of the villas as most of the bore holes are at the water edge. The one immediately next to the boat storage looks interesting.

j

As a reminder, core samples have already been taken behind loops 100/200 toward Bay Lake as far as the spillway/canal. It's also bounded by the Settlement Trading Post. This was done under previously filings with the SFWMD because the areas to be accessed are classified as wetlands.

Areas already developed such as River Country and the area behind Pioneer Hall where Mickey's Backyard BBQ is can be bored without a SFWMD filing. So I would assume that has already occurred in the past. Now the rest of the potential development area that is wetlands has been covered in these filings.

I'll have to dig out the pictures but remember the long term plan is to tear down the Tri-Circle D horse barn and stuff and rebuild it up at the front behind where the horse ride corrals are now. The Mickey's Backyard BBQ would be torn down and rebuilt behind the Settlement Trading Post along Bay Lake (more havoc for golf cart parking). Then the new structure would be built behind Pioneer Hall facing Bay Lake (and even hanging out over the shoreline).

The application at SFWMD for this request says the activity will be completed by April 6, 2018.

It's gonna happen IMO.

Bama Ed

Last edited:

Talked with a CM that I ran into every day during our Jan. trip and he said they are going to build DVC in that area. :confused3

Talked with a CM that I ran into every day during our Jan. trip and he said they are going to build DVC in that area. :confused3

Yep, same thing that was being tossed around in 2011 when the original plans came out. I can't recall which thread it was, but I posted the pictures. I can't post them again or even put a link up, but if someone finds the thread it's there already. If Ed doesn't find it I may e-mail it to one of you and get you to post it for me.

Gotcha covered there, buddy.

Here is one of many past threads on this topic but tiggerdad posted a map of the proposed resort that has Pioneer Hall right in the middle.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/if-there-were-a-fw-vacation-club.3478457/#post-55063088 look at post #9.

Here is his map. You can clearly see loops 100, 400, and 700 in the lower right quadrant. Some details like the current FW dock are faded out to highlight the new additions:

FW DVC Plan from Tiggerdad.jpg

You can see the TCD Horse Barn is gone and the new pavilion for the BBQ in the upper right near Bay Lake. And that is a BIG paved parking space in the middle.

Bama Ed

PS - yeah, there have been lots of threads and drawings posted on this in the past....

Last edited:
For the thread linked above in post #8, in case you didn't click that link, there was a video done of the phased construction of this resort posted by our guy Cadaverous Pallor:

Yes, I know it says Wilderness Lodge but this is on the old River Country. The timeline starts 2011 so this has been in the works for so many years, maybe almost a decade? 2011 is when the first threads here started.

Bama Ed

PS - It's going to change the dynamics of the Fort for sure. I won't want to stay in 700 or 100 seeing the lights of the big paved parking lot from my site. That will make 1600-1900 far more in demand. They might become the "Preferred" loops. Unbelievable. :sad2:

Last edited:
The parking lot is absolutely offensive. It reeks of an architect that only looked at the site boundaries provided by the client and didn't look at the context. They need to expand their boundary to the west and do the parking where that smaller parking lot is. Where is the access road coming from? I wonder if this will have dedicated access road or if it will share the entrance with FW. The only thing I can say is that if this comes to fruition, then the campground should be safe for a long time.

We bought DVC last year. I am hoping for something themed like the Fort. It needs a golf cart path to the Fort. Maybe some cabins.

The parking lot is absolutely offensive. It reeks of an architect that only looked at the site boundaries provided by the client and didn't look at the context. They need to expand their boundary to the west and do the parking where that smaller parking lot is. Where is the access road coming from? I wonder if this will have dedicated access road or if it will share the entrance with FW. The only thing I can say is that if this comes to fruition, then the campground should be safe for a long time.

I agree with amcc. The sight of that parking lot makes me ill. Good luck getting a reservation at Hoop-Dee-Doo after this monstrosity is built.

I agree with Ed, Disney will develop in that area eventually. I hope they will keep in mind the theme/aesthetics of Fort Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge. Let’s hope they do not run all that traffic through the Fort.

I noticed a pontoon docked at old RC site on our way over to MK yesterday. It had, what appeared to be a coring apparatus on the front of it, but hard to tell. I'll try and get some better pics and when my probation is up I'll post them.

Let’s hope they do not run all that traffic through the Fort.
If this will be DVC (I don't see DIS building anything else there), it will have its own entrance road. DVC owners wouldn't put up with having to wind through the Fort to go in and out. If there will be a shared entrance, I think it would be with WL. Much more DVC customer base than us Fort riffraff.

j

If this will be DVC (I don't see DIS building anything else there), it will have its own entrance road. DVC owners wouldn't put up with having to wind through the Fort to go in and out. If there will be a shared entrance, I think it would be with WL. Much more DVC customer base than us Fort riffraff.

j

I agree. Us campers won't put up with DVC folks driving through the Fort all the time. I think the WL lodge entrance makes the most sense.

Bama Ed

PS - next thing you know them DVC'ers will be hopping into our pools (lol)

I agree. Us campers won't put up with DVC folks driving through the Fort all the time.
As much as that is true, it’s fairly apparent TDC cares much more about their DVC base than any of us campers.

I was looking over the DL map getting ready for my trip next week and I noticed several DVC booths in the park. I know there is Aulani and a few other non-WDW DVC resorts, but it caught me as odd.

j

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!