Time to book online??

poohbear12880

Mouseketeer
I am having a lot of trouble booking a Value Studio at Jambo. We bought AK so that we could have the 11 month priority. I keep going online at 8am EST to book but it's always sold out. Can I book earlier online? What time should I be trying? Does anyone have any advice about how to get these popular rooms?
Thank you

I have also tried to book value rooms at 8 a.m. eastern time., right at the 11month window. That is the time when it becomes available. However I have never been able to do so. Even if there are a few units showing, they literally are gone in SECONDS, and it depends on who has the fastest computers.

The problem is they are the single most popular units in Disney World, and there are less than 20 of them, yet Disney has many many many thousands of owners at Animal Kingdom lodges. So people book them up starting a week out and grab any days that are available BEFORE they even reach the 11-month window. And points cost less, so they make the visits longer. so the bookings are almost always extending a few days past the 12 month window.

Last edited:
And apparently, the new "Modify" feature for the online booking system is making it even easier to walk reservations (the process Frederic Civish described).

If you want a value studio, for most times of the year, you'll probably have to "walk it".

I didn’t want to mention the “Walk” process and the fact that it seems to be much easier with the new “modify” feature. I have not tried it, but the process seems obvious. So a lot of people will figure it out. And I have been very aware of that every time I have gone to modify other things.

I am somewhat concerned that whereas walking a reservation was a fairly rare thing in the past, with the ease of using the modified feature, it may well become a very very common thing. People who previously would have felt embarrassed to call up member services to walk a reservation will be very happy to do it anonymously in their own homes.

It might finally become necessary for Disney to do something about it.

Last edited:

Value studios just are not available very consistently. I tried to book one for mid to late August next year and was totally unable to do so. Yet that is one of the lower demand times for DVC members.

Can I book earlier online? What time should I be trying? Does anyone have any advice about how to get these popular rooms?
your best bet might be to book a standard studio and then keep looking to see if your dates open up or setup a waitlist. Someone could be walking a reservation, thus tying up those rooms but they might be trying to book for a time after your desired dates. Once they keep moving their dates a value studio could open up.

Those rooms are very hard to come by because the points are so low. I'd set your sights on at least a standard and waitlist the value.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!