Time to Talk PCC 4.0 Meets

Hey Gang

On PCC 3.0 Dreams Unlimited Travel and the Podcast Team came up with all of the meets and events. I was thinking that for PCC 4.0 some of you may have some ideas for meets/events.

So far we have (in no particular order and no date/time set yet - still waiting on DCL):

Dave Smith Presentation
Live Podcast Recording
GKTW Fundraiser (details not complete yet but will NOT be a silent auction)

So - any ideas of what you would like to see/do? Keep in mind that if it's a good one and people like you will probably be asked to organize it :rotfl:
How about a dis bingo? I love bingo and it is a lot of fun..could be a fund raiser with the money for the cards going to give kids the world. Pete and john could give away some cool prizes

Another game that gets people up and moving around is Bunco. It doesn't take alot of equipment and it sits people in 2 pairs. Once a round of Bunco is completed the pairs move to different tables. It definately would mix people up so they could met other DISers. It would require a room that has tables and chairs. I am sure there are others out there who know more than me about Bunco who could add some info.

Carol
It's a great day to be alive!!!

Another game that gets people up and moving around is Bunco. It doesn't take alot of equipment and it sits people in 2 pairs. Once a round of Bunco is completed the pairs move to different tables. It definately would mix people up so they could met other DISers. It would require a room that has tables and chairs. I am sure there are others out there who know more than me about Bunco who could add some info.

Carol
In general, Bunko is a perfect excuse to get together with people and talk & eat. So you're right, Carol, it would be a great meet, as long as we can get food in the room! :rotfl: Really all you need (besides tables & chairs) is a single bell of some sort (I have one!), a set of 3 dice for each table, (I have a few, but I have a feeling we'd need way more!), some paper or pads to keep score on and a whole bunch of pens or pencils. I could help organize this if you're interested, Carol! (Oh, and we'd probably need numbers for the tables, or else the rotation would be too hard with more than 3 tables!)

Sayhello

In general, Bunko is a perfect excuse to get together with people and talk & eat. So you're right, Carol, it would be a great meet, as long as we can get food in the room! :rotfl: Really all you need (besides tables & chairs) is a single bell of some sort (I have one!), a set of 3 dice for each table, (I have a few, but I have a feeling we'd need way more!), some paper or pads to keep score on and a whole bunch of pens or pencils. I could help organize this if you're interested, Carol! (Oh, and we'd probably need numbers for the tables, or else the rotation would be too hard with more than 3 tables!)

Sayhello

I'm game to work with you if this is something John thinks would be good and if he can help us secure a room and a time.

Carol

I'm game to work with you if this is something John thinks would be good and if he can help us secure a room and a time.

Carol
:thumbsup2 Cool! I wonder if I need to contact John, or if he'll see this here. I think I'll wait a bit & see what he says. :)

Sayhello

Since we don't know any of the dates or times of any of the podcast events, can some please tell me the cancellation policy for reservations at Palo and Remy?

excursions, palo, remy and spa appointments must be cancelled online 3 days before we sail to not be charged. After that online booking is blocked and all changes have to be done on the ship and are subject to charge :)

I think this would have to be organized by the podcast team, because it requires cruise-line contacts, but what about having a DISUnplugged gingerbread house-making session. I know they're usually limited to first-come/first-served, but if the DIS organized it, we might get access for more people to participate and could have people sign up in advance, so they could bring their own additional decorations, if they want. Then we could have a contest for best house. Hopefully, we could do this early enough in the cruise that we could eat the gingerbread house before the end of the cruise, rather than having to leave it on board, because it won't clear customs.

I'd like to propose dinner at Topsiders (or whatever its called on the Fantasy) on formal night for those of us who are going super casual for this cruise.

We've done this on the last couple of cruises. Its a nice way to dine with someone other than your regular rotation too.

Anyone interested in this?

I'd like to propose dinner at Topsiders (or whatever its called on the Fantasy) on formal night for those of us who are going super casual for this cruise.

We've done this on the last couple of cruises. Its a nice way to dine with someone other than your regular rotation too.

Anyone interested in this?

I love this idea! I am not a formal person and choose this option on every cruise.

Karen

If anyone would like to try to arrange a meeting room for a specific meet on the cruise please email me at John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com

I received a tentative room schedule from DCL and I would love to try to work some of these meets into our official schedule.

Thanks
John

WOOHOO, John. A tentative schedule from DCL? YAY. :cool1:

I guess it's officially time to get excited. YAY.

Carol

I haven't been to Bunco in many (many) years! Greg even gave me a Bunco game once, so I can bring it if that's what we decide. I'm sure it has dice and score sheets - I'll have to try to dig it out and see what's in there - sounds like fun! :thumbsup2

If we have a bunco meet I am down. I have been wanting to learn how to play

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I haven't been to Bunco in many (many) years! Greg even gave me a Bunco game once, so I can bring it if that's what we decide. I'm sure it has dice and score sheets - I'll have to try to dig it out and see what's in there - sounds like fun! :thumbsup2
I also have Bunco supplies (when my Bunco group at work fell apart, I was left holding the bag!) It has some dice, score sheets and a bell. How much stuff we need depends on how many people are going to play.

If we have a bunco meet I am down. I have been wanting to learn how to play

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Me too! I have always wanted to learn how to play this!
I guess I get to teach... Although I've found that every Bunco group seems to have it's own set of rules!

Sayhello

OK, I found my "Deluxe" Bunco stuff.

It contains 1 large fuzzy pink die

a bell

some dice

scoresheets

Between "SayHello"s supplies and mine, perhaps we'll have enough.
How many people are interested?

And "SayHello" will be the Bunco instructor. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!