Timeshare tours in exchange for a discounted stay in Orlando

Pluto777

DIS Veteran
Anyone ever do this? Distance from the parks is not an issue, just looking for a really nice resort for a family of 5 that comes at a steep discount in exchange for siting through a presentation (or maybe not even?). If anyone has a link to some place that is not a scam I'm all ears ; )

IMHO, NOT WORTH IT. Not only are these timeshare tours major tourist traps and will eat away quality time on your vacation, they are also often operated by shady/questionable private companies.

If you are looking for budget-friendly accommodations I would suggest either one of the Disney Value Resorts (best scenario if you can stay on-site and enjoy the perks) or a reputable nationally branded economy hotel such as Hampton Inn, etc..

If you decide to do this, stick with one of the major players to steer clear of scammers. Hilton, Marriott, and Wyndham all have presentations at resorts in Orlando. Make sure you read all the fine print and know exactly what is required of you in exchange for the discount.

Personally I would not do it because of the time involved. Most of them require a minimum of two hours attendance at the presentation and longer is not unheard of. I think you can get as good a bargain, if not better, by doing a little research on your own.

The ONLY timeshare presentation I'd recommend anyone do is Disney. Friendly, low pressure, free ice cream, and usually a gift card.

We did Marriott a number of years ago since we are Marriott Elite members and figured they were trustworthy. Well, we couldn't have been more wrong. The timeshare team is horrendous. Rude, obnoxious, high pressure, ignorant, insulting folks. It was absolutely not worth the time we devoted to it.

Skyauction has been my best option lately. We’ve never sat thru a timeshare sales pitch.
I second skyauction! We’re in Disney right now staying in the Sheraton Vistana we got through skyauction for $400 for the week. One bedroom, full kitchen, living room, dining room and king bedroom with a jacuzzi tub. Can’t beat it! No timeshare presentations and the resort is beautiful.

We stayed here in May, but not through skyauction that time. (Through our timeshare) We had a two bedroom, two bathroom unit with full kitchen, living room and dining room that slept 8. I saw deals on skyauction in July through September for around $700 for the same unit configuration. There’s a Sheraton Vistana thread in the Hotel Reviews section here with lots of good information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!