Timing for Blue Bayou Fantasmic

blakefamily

Mouseketeer
Was able to get a reservation for 710 @ blue bayou. How long do you think dinner will take for 2 of us ? Wondering what time we will get done, also says first show. Will we finish in time to get our spot for the 9pm show ? We will be in disneyland 2 nights so thinking fireworks the other night. That way we aren't trying to fit both into one night. Thanks so much

You should be done on time. Remind your waiter that you have the package and you’d like to be done by 8:30. We just did B.B. package in May. Great viewing area. And you get cute pads to sit on! Good quality too. I’m using mine now for gardening.
We stayed for the fireworks afterwards. They make an announcement after Fantasmic inviting you to stay In that area for the fireworks. Surprisingly good view and they do the projections right in front of you on the Island. We didn’t know about that but after announcements we decided to stay. Glad we did. Nice to just sit in our area to watch, no pushing and shoving in crowds, people hoisting their kid on shoulder blocking everyone else’s view.

Last edited:
If you would like to take your time for dinner, ask your server for a FP for the second show. You will still be able to watch the fireworks from the general ROA/NOS area. Otherwise, as the pp advised, make sure your server knows you'd like to be done with your meal in time to make the first F! show. If you view fireworks the next night, too, try for the middle of Main Street -- the projections on the buildings are so fun, especially the Coco segment.

ROA: Rivers of America - where Fantasmic is shown
NOS: New Orleans Square - the area / land Blue Bayou / Pirates of the Caribbean etc.. is in.

If you want to make the first show I would definitely be checking in by 6.45pm at the BB podium. If you want waterside seating then I would be checking in just after 6.30pm myself and requesting it. Even with a reservation it can take a while to be seated 15 - 30mins and usually longer if you want to wait for a waterside table: 20 - 40mins.

I've found the Blue Bayou is fairly quick (about an hour for a two to three course meal, once seated). As mentioned, when you check-in, you can request a waterside table and the CMs will usually say that it's about a 45 minute wait. It's well worth the wait, but given your reservation time and the show time, it might not be worth the stress of waiting. I've had mixed luck checking in much more than 15 minutes early, so while you can try checking in earlier, be prepared to be told to come back closer to your ADR time. If available, I would request FPs for the second show. That would give you more time to enjoy your meal and it would give you two nights to try and see fireworks (alas, it's not uncommon for fireworks to be cancelled due to weather conditions).

Thanks guys!!! We will be in the parks this Sunday-Tuesday. Planning DLR for Sunday and Tuesday and DCA for Monday. At least the evening shows. We have hoppers so we tend to go back and forth depending on FP availability and crowds. Crossing our fingers the crowds aren't too bad and MaxPass works as well as everyone has said. Either way gonna be a great time just me and my daughter (11).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter