Timing is Everything - WestJet - July Disneyland vacation

lozzypop

Mouseketeer
We have a short trip booked already to Disneyland in May (my DD is going with her HS music program and I am tagging along separately), but I promised DD a blow-out grad trip this year, and planned to book a week in the summer in addition to the Music trip.

Normally, I am very quick off the mark, booking early in January, but DD's work wouldn't confirm her holiday availability. So I decided to pull the pin last week (her work can just lump it) and priced out a WJ package online. Then I went to my trusty travel agent. She quoted me a price on Friday, but I didn't respond until Tuesday and when she called, she said that the price went up by a few hundred ($300ish?). I was OK with that, because I knew that I had waited just a little too long and the DL ticket price increase was affecting the overall package price.

With all the trip booked, I was curious today and went back to WJ vacations to see exactly what the price difference was in the tickets. But the price difference for the package was now almost $1300!!!! Good thing I didn't hem and haw any more than I did.

Details - we are going WJ Premium (for the very 1st time!) and the price changed a lot! - $440 extra pp last week and $920 extra pp this week. We are staying at our beloved HoJo but sprung for a Deluxe room instead of the standard two double room. Five-day ParkHoppers with MaxPass (if I pay the $20 per person per day ahead of time, I can pretend to ignore it after that point. I should have economized but want to maximize our experience in the summer months), and finally one-day in Universal Hollywood with transfers.

Did you buy the Canadian discounted park hoppers already - if so then the MaxPass was only $15 per person.

I am also taking my daughter for a mother/daughter 18th birthday/grad trip end of April - have fun!!

Did you buy the Canadian discounted park hoppers already - if so then the MaxPass was only $15 per person.

I am also taking my daughter for a mother/daughter 18th birthday/grad trip end of April - have fun!!

I managed to buy my 5-day Parkhopper for May at the discounted price (no MaxPass because May is a budget trip, although I may add it on the Saturday if crowds are unmanageable.) I will be on my own for the most part in May (except for DD's birthday on the 15th!) so I might try FP the old fashioned way and take advantage of single rider.

But the up-front cost for the July PHs was going to be too much for my budget to handle this month. It's OK - as part of the package price, it doesn't hurt too bad and at least I can pay later with CA$.

I hope you have a wonderful trip in April Sherilaine! Be sure to post a mini-trip report on the DL boards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!