Timing Ohana. Electric Water Parade , & Fireworks

RobinVanellope

Mouseketeer
Howdy~
We are staying at WDW post cruise in July. We heard, if timed correctly, we can eat at Ohana's, then walk to the beach and see Electric Water Parade and Fireworks. We are staying at POR Riverside.

1. What time should we make reservations at Ohana so we are done in plenty of time to get to the beach?
My mom uses an ECV and moves slowly, so we want to have plenty of time to eat and get situated.

2. Where is a good place to be on the beach?

Thanks a bunch!:earsgirl:

'Ohana is notorious for seating guests late. I know some people have had 60 minute waits at 'Ohana, but I have never waited more than 30 minutes past my reservation time. If I were planning what you are, I would probably make my reservation no later than 6:15. That way, if the wait is longer, I would not feel like I was rushed to get out to the beach.

As for where to go on the beach, I could not tell you as I have never viewed from the Poly beach.

'Ohana is notorious for seating guests late. I know some people have had 60 minute waits at 'Ohana, but I have never waited more than 30 minutes past my reservation time. If I were planning what you are, I would probably make my reservation no later than 6:15. That way, if the wait is longer, I would not feel like I was rushed to get out to the beach.

As for where to go on the beach, I could not tell you as I have never viewed from the Poly beach.
Thank you. I appreciate your post.

Tobikaye is so correct about the seating time. Plan on at being called at least 30 minutes past your ADR. This gets worse the close to the fireworks time. People begin slowing down the eating and just sitting there if they are within an hour of the fireworks. I have never tried the beach either for the Electrical Light Parade we have always scheduled a meal at Narccoossee's.

Tobikaye is so correct about the seating time. Plan on at being called at least 30 minutes past your ADR. This gets worse the close to the fireworks time. People begin slowing down the eating and just sitting there if they are within an hour of the fireworks. I have never tried the beach either for the Electrical Light Parade we have always scheduled a meal at Narccoossee's.
Thanks for the tip.

I would try to make your O'hana reservation about 2 hours prior to the start of the water pageant. That way, if they are running late, it gives you plenty of time to eat and get down to the beach. As others have said, as long as you are away from the bungalows, there isn't a bad view there.

You may know this, but if HEA is at 9pm, the EWP will be at 8:50pm. In many places on the website and other park info Disney says it stops at Poly a 9pm, but that is not the case when HEA is at 9pm.

Forgive the crude pic below, but it shows the general area you'll want to be for fireworks. There is a concrete path between the pool and sand that would be suitable for an ECV.

FWIW, when I was at Poly in October the volume of the fireworks show in this area was GREAT, the best it has been in years. In the past the volume has been very poor/low and it took away from the show experience. YMMV, but at least for now the pattern seems to be a good one.

Have fun!

Poly Aerial - Labeled with Fireworks and Movie.png

My view from the beach in October. You don't want to be any further right from this point as that first bungalow will start to get in your way.
IMG_8480.jpg

Last edited:
You may know this, but if HEA is at 9pm, the EWP will be at 8:50pm. In many places on the website and other park info Disney says it stops at Poly a 9pm, but that is not the case when HEA is at 9pm.

Forgive the crude pic below, but it shows the general area you'll want to be for fireworks. There is a concrete path between the pool and sand that would be suitable for an ECV.

FWIW, when I was at Poly in October the volume of the fireworks show in this area was GREAT, the best it has been in years. In the past the volume has been very poor/low and it took away from the show experience. YMMV, but at least for now the pattern seems to be a good one.

Have fun!

View attachment 288702

My view from the beach in October. You don't want to be any further right from this point as that first bungalow will start to get in your way.
View attachment 288709
Oh my goodness. I love this. Thanks for all the details. The map really helps. Cheers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!