• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tink & Winnie's Dining Report WITH PICTURES Aug 25th - Sept 3rd 2006 *Days 1-6*

TinkerBelle_325

DIS Veteran
**Pre-Trip Report**

Cast
:tink: Tink (me) - age 21 - on Free Dining from Aug 27th - Sept 3rd, OOP for Aug 25th & 26th
pooh: Winnie (my best friend) - age 21 - on Free Dining from Aug 27th - Sept 3rd, OOP Aug 25th & 26th
::MinnieMo DMom (my mom) - on DDE from Aug 25th to Sept 3rd
::MickeyMo DDad (my dad) - on DDE from Aug 25th to Sept 3rd

It's hard to believe that I'll be at WDW in less than 2 weeks!! And I just wanted to start up my Dining Reviews Thread because I should be posting it LIVE daily from WDW. This will be Winnie & my third trip to WDW together, but our first trip where we can legally drink. Knowing us I would also expect a "Margaritas around the World" review hehe. Here is a list of the restaurants we will be reviewing

Day 1
**Lunch**
Wolfgang Puck Express

Tink = Four Cheese Macaroni, This is one of my favorite items in all of Disney.
ed36c1e0.jpg

Winnie = Four Cheese Pizza, my friend loved this pizza, she said it was very rich, garlicy and cheesy
ed36bf36.jpg

DMom = Roasted Veggie and Goat Cheese Sandwich, she could not rave enough about this. It was served on Foccacia bread with a goat cheese spread and a basil pesto. The veggies were yellow and red bell peppers, eggplant and onions i believe.
ed36c13f.jpg

DDad = Smoked Turkey Club, He said it was ok, good and filling but nothing spectacular
ed36c079.jpg

Shared by All = Herbed French Fries, these were awesome, we thought of them as kicked up McDonald's fries (we love McDonald's fries LOL)
ed36bfdf.jpg

**Dinner**
Kona Cafe

Shared Appetizers

Sticky Wings
ed455b5d.jpg

Crab Cakes
ed455a71.jpg

Tink & Winnie = Beef Teriyaki
ed4559a9.jpg

DMom = Coconut Almond Chicken
ed4558d1.jpg

DDad = Panko Breaded Shrimp
ed455809.jpg

Shared Desserts

Kilaleau Torte
ed455755.jpg

Apple Brown Betty
ed4556ba.jpg

This is definitely one of our new favorite resaurants. We will be returning without doubt on our next trip to the World. Everything was delicious and we all shared bits of our entrees around.

Day 2

**Lunch**
Columbia Harbor House
Tink & Winnie

Winnie had the Garden Galley Salad and loved it. However her iced tea was disgusting, it was literally cold tea with no sweetener (eww!)

I had the chicken finger basket with fries and loved it as usual. Best chicken fingers on property in my humble opinion.

**Dinner**
Ohana

This meal was just Winnie and I and it was our first time to Ohana, we loved it!

Wontons with sauces
ed455622.jpg

Salad
ed371734.jpg

Sticky Wings
ed3717b7.jpg

Sweet and Sour Shrimp
ed3716b2.jpg

Lapu Lapu
ed371622.jpg

After this we forgot to take any more pictures because we were digging in! The wontons were very nice but we weren't really fond of any of the sauces. The salad was ok, but the shrimp were out of this world and the pieces of pineapple in the sweet and sour sauce were delicious. The wings were pretty much the same as the ones we had the night before at Kona Cafe (which we adored) so they were gobbled up quickly. Both of us favoured the turkey, then the pork, then the steak and neither of us really cared for the sausage. The potatoes - oh my god - we licked the plate clean! And last, but certainly not least, the bread pudding....one word YUM!

Upcoming Reviews

Flame Tree BBQ
Le Cellier (twice)
50's Primetime Cafe (lunch)
Rose & Crown Dining Room (Dinner)
Artist Point
Liberty Tree Tavern (Dinner)
Pepper Market (lunch)
Alfredo's (dinner)
Chefs de France (lunch and dinner)
Columbia Harbor House
Crystal Palace (Breakfast)
San Angel Inn (lunch)
Wolfgang Puck Cafe

I think that's the entire list for now....the report will be a combination of Free Dining (for Winnie & Tink) and DDE (for DMom and DDad)

Oh to be 21 again! ENJOY YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!! Having kids is the most wonderful thing in the world, but having a margarita with your best friend is a close second! ;)

I was going to say "Oh to be 21 again" but someone beat me to it.

We'll be there the same time as you (Aug. 26-Sept. 3) and will be dining at a lot of the same places. It will be interesting to see if our views in our reviews match when we get back.

Can't wait to hear your reviews as we are eating at some of the same places for the first time. Have a great time...but don't drink "too" much, don't want hangovers!!!! But have one for me!!! :thumbsup2

TinkerBelle_325 said:
**Pre-Trip Report**

Pepper Market (lunch)
Chefs de France (lunch and dinner)

I can' wait to read your "Live" Trip Report!
Turning 21 at WDW is FUN!!!!!!!!!
Make sure you stop and get a "Today is my Birthday"
Button so you get lots of well wishes!! :cheer2:

I am glad you are going to Pepper Market, One of our
favorite places for Nachos in the World!
And I can't help but notice Two Meals at Chefs De France.....
Is this because of the HOT SERVERS that they have!!!! :love:

Have a Grrrrrrrrreat time and

HAPPY BIRTHDAY :bday: :cake: party:

:cheer2: Only 4 More Days!!!!!! :banana:
You must be doing some serious Packing by now!!!
Remember ...what happens in the Magic Kingdom,
Stays in the Magic Kingdom!!!
Have Fun :cool1:
Looking forward to your TR!

Hiya GOOFYsince71,

I actually turned 21 at WDW in March hehe. I was there for my actual birthday :goodvibes This trip im taking my best friend with me. It will be our 3rd trip to WDW together and we are excited to both be 21 on this trip hehe, thats why i have the "finally legal" It will be nice to be able to drink.

:drinking1 Well said,,,21 makes soooooo many things
soooooo much more fun..legally that is!!!!
With that in mind, I will just say..........
When you are ordering your second "BIG JUAN"
tub size margherita at San Angel Inn.............
Remember my warning to not gulp it down and
run out into the Marketplace and try on an
oversized sombrero!!!!Trust me,,,no matter how
hard you try to focus,,,,you still come off looking
cross-eyed and in the bag!!!!!!!!!Someone will be there
to take a picture that will go down in history :drinking1

Great reviews so far! :cheer2: Looking forward to the rest! I can't wait to get a Lapu Lapu again! :banana: Enjoy celebrating 21 in the World! :Pinkbounc

Patience is a Virtue.............
Good Things come to those who Wait............
Still Waiting..........
Still Waiting............................. :surfweb:

I know it will be worth the wait........... :love:

TinkerBelle_325 said:
Hiya GOOFYsince71,

I actually turned 21 at WDW in March hehe. I was there for my actual birthday :goodvibes This trip im taking my best friend with me. It will be our 3rd trip to WDW together and we are excited to both be 21 on this trip hehe, thats why i have the "finally legal" It will be nice to be able to drink.

Hey, Tink,,,,
love the pics but something is missing!!!!!! :drinking1 :drinking1 :drinking1 :drinking1 :drinking1

:drinking: :drinking: :drinking:
:wave:

Cool thread. This trip my DH will be 21 finally so we are def planning on drinking some!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter