tipping and the dining plan

loriandmatt

DIS Veteran
is the tip included in the dining plan or should i budget to be tipping independant of my pre-paid dining plan?

I always left an extra 5 or 10 if the service was good. I wanted to make sure that they got paid for the extra service, after all I was getting a lot of food for a fraction of the cost. You can make the judgement for yourself. If you have 7 days and therefore 7 table service meals planned then what's another $35.

Standard tip was included - 18 percent, I think? But we left a little extra sometimes for especially good service.

There is an 18% tip included on the DDP. If the service is really good, you might want to leave a little more. We were really pleased by the excellent service!

Your question has already been answered, but just let me say that you are not obligated to leave any more tip regardless of how good a deal you've gotten or than it's ONLY 18% - servers never expected anything more than for us to sign the bill. When it was a 15% tip, I did indeed leave more for good service but at 18% of what tends to be a very high bill (because of the appetizer, entree, and dessert for each person) I felt no obligation to leave more.

For instance at le Cellier for two people on our bill, the waitress received a $19 tip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter