Tipsy is as Tipsy Does - A February '17 Dining Adventure - Complete 8/15

The QS fish and chips are one of our must dos every trip! I'm sad your next trip isn't for three more months! Whatever shall I read

Finally caught up on your report. I thoroughly enjoy every minute of it, and can't wait until your next trip! You guys seem like such a fun family!

Meant to say in my last comment and then got distracted ( Alzheimer's here I come:eek:) they do a great G & T at the Rose and Crown pub. Perfect for enjoying in the Florida sunshine. I may have had one or two of these on my last trip but only for research purposes- ya know, so I could tell you guys they were good in case you fancied something other than a snakebite :goodvibes:thumbsup2
Sounds like alzheimers or at least gin may get us both in our advanced age :-) Love me a good G&T, though its oddly a winter drink for me. The piney taste of gin always reminds me of Christmas. But thanks for doing some advanced research for our November trip :P

I've never been to Rose & Crown but it seems like a place I would enjoy. I'm always up for some fish and chips. Scotch egg is something that's always intrigued me but I've never had. I don't see it on many menus.

Thanks for your reviews. Happy to hear that you'll be going back before too long.
Rose and Crown really was enjoyable. There is certainly better to be had on property, but there is always something to be said for a good pub! I can't imagine anyone coming away from it disappointed.

If it's anything like the last 3, it will seem like tomorrow! We were there in May for DS's first trip, and I tried and tried to convince DH that we needed to go again while he was still free, but he just isn't going for it. Then they announced Toy Story Land, so I'm pushing for next September (my favorite time to go), which would be 1 month after DS turns 3. I just need him to read some TRs and he won't be able to resist!
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. We got 2 trips in for Casey before she was 3 and it makes all the difference in the world when you don't have to pay for them for either tickets or food. Miss those days!

I just found this report and I LOVED it. You have a great writing style and I adore your family, your sense of humor, and I would like to be Casey in my next life! I'm off to read the rest of your reports. Thanks for sharing!
Wow, thank you so much. I love to share our trips with everyone so hope you got a little bit out of it. I'll be sure to let Casey know someone wants to be her in her next life :P She is utterly exacerbated with me right now because god forbid I'm asking her to put her pajamas on :-)

So sad your dining trip report is over. Poor Casey. Gotta love that little face. Glad you are going in October. I hope you share some booth reviews before I get there October 21. We seem to like a lot of the same things.
We'll be there after you so sadly I can't share, but you can :-)

I'd be most happy to do the research and report back... providing I survive to tell about it :laughing: The first time I rode MS I think was the orange version (what was I thinking?! :confused3) and it took EVERYTHING in me to not bang repeatedly on the door to be let out. I have since rode the green once or twice but have no actual recollection of the events... maybe I blocked them out entirely :rotfl:
Have a great trip and hope all goes well for you!!!! I'm looking forward to riding mission if I can!

I am so far behind! I just got home today from the cottage and of course, no wifi means no Dis time. Thanks for another awesome report......just sad we have to wait until November for the next one!
Hope you had a great time. We've been in WV for the last few days and no wifi there either!

Too bad this didn't live up to expectations. I really enjoyed it last August BUT that being said I am only developing a palate for "real"sushi. LOL!
It wasn't bad my any means, but just not up to our "real" sushi palates :-)

Definitely have a visit planned to Nomad Lounge later this month!
Hope you enjoy! Be sure to have an Anapurna Zing for me!

The QS fish and chips are one of our must dos every trip! I'm sad your next trip isn't for three more months! Whatever shall I read
Sounds like QS is most definitely the way to go. And you think you are sad??? I won't even tell you about us! :P

Finally caught up on your report. I thoroughly enjoy every minute of it, and can't wait until your next trip! You guys seem like such a fun family!
Thanks Teresa!

Fantastic trip report...as always! What an awesome time you guys had! And, of course some seriously good eats! Looking forward to reading the overall reflections ;)

That's a Wrap

And now, to wrap this production, we still have one scene left. It's called.... "The exit." The action begins with you reviewing my final thoughts until we come to a complete stop. Then, you wipe the drool from your mouth and take small children by the hand. When this post ends, you rise dramatically to your feet and make a grand exit to another report. Oh, and one more thing. when I yell "action," don't forget the thunderous applause for your food guide. Okay. Places everybody.

ACTION (Insert thunderous applause here)

Thanks for indulging me, I couldn't pass up an opportunity to pay tribute to Casey's favorite shooting lady (aka Great Movie) ride one last time before I wrap this baby up. :-)

In case it wasn't obvious from the last 27 pages we had another fun and food and booze filled trip. It was great to have my brother along and hopefully he'll join us again in the future. As always, Animal Kingdom Lodge did not disappoint. I'm often afraid that it feels too far away from everything, but the reality is that is part of the charm. Like my favorite Wilderness Lodge, there is something to being able to escape the insanity of disney and feel like you've traveled to another land. It's truly disney at its best.

Now onto the food.

Best Overall Meal
Tiffins

I know I wax poetic about how good things are often, but Tiffins does not disappoint. Between our octopus, amazing drinks, and killer entrees this is unquestionably my favorite restaurant on property right now.

Best Table Service
Yak N Yeti

Aside from all the signatures we did, we had quite a few one credit table services in there too and looking back I think Yak n Yeti was my favorite. Now a meal made of only appetizers (my fav) had a lot to do with that, but those tuna nachos and cream cheese wontons are a thing of beauty. Namaste indeed!

Best Counter Service
Harambe Market

While technically this may have been our only counter service, I couldn't resist another look at this sausage.

Best Appetizer
Bread Service at Sanaa

Disney dining does not get much better than this!

Best Entrees

Yachtsman Steakhouse

Perfectly cooked, tender filet and ribeye. Duck fat potatoes. 'Nuf Said

Best Dessert
The Kilamanjaro from Jiko.

Chocolate Mouse. Pistachio Fiancier. Cacao Nib Crunch. Ras el Hanout Pineapples. Need I say more. Easily the best and most refined dessert we've ever had on property.

Best Drink
I'm gonna cheat a bit and call everything from Nomads lounge a winner. At a price of only 8-10 dollars they are serving the highest quality cocktails in an amazing setting that has in Stacy's words become a must do for us!

Best New to Us
Our adult appetizer crawl through Disney Springs was a major success and introduced us to Morimotos and Homecoming for the first time. I couldn't Sophie's choice it between Morimotos ribs and Homecomings Chicken biscuits so I'm going to declare this a draw.

Biggest Disappointment
Festival of the Arts

Being Food and Wine and Flower and Garden veterans, I had high hopes and sadly the Festival of the Arts just didn't deliver. Art or not, when you advertise food booths, I had expectations on target with at least Flower and Garden quality and quantity wise and this one just disappointed all the way around. Oh well at least we got some fun pictures out of it.

Worst Drink
Sangria in Morocco

I'm pretty sure this sad little thimble of sickening sweet grape juice says it all. And yes I still drank it :P

Worst Food
Roasted Pork Roulade from the Artists Palatte in the Festival of the Arts.

This was as bad as it looked. I think some Alpo may have tasted better :-)

Honorable Mention

I wanted to shout out our beloved Tables in Wonderland card which saved us $415 on this trip. Combined with our last trip we saved a whopping $755 which trumps the $125 purchase price. Sadly we won't be AP holders on our next trip so no card for us. My wallet is highly disappointed, but I think my liver is secretly cheering.

Well I think that about wraps it up. Thanks to you all for following along. I love, love, love sharing all our adventures with you and still am astounded by the response. Our family truly loves disney (and drinks) and sharing that with you all is a true gift. Our next trip is less than 3 months away, so stay tuned for more tipsy times. To end it like it began, disney food is definitely like a box of chocolates, we never knew what we were gonna get but as always we were rarely disappointed. Off to more tipsy adventures.

Another awesome report - thank you! I was so excited to read that you were going in November, but alas our trips will not match up.

Except for her amazing ability to eat like an adult, Casey reminds me of Owen a lot. Particularly in this report with the selfies. Has she gotten into the emoji love yet?? I will be on my phone and Owen will be reading over my shoulder and just dying to send some emojis to people. Good times....

I don't comment much (shame on me, but I'm working on it!) but I wanted to say that I enjoy your reports so much! Your humor make them super enjoyable and I love eating/drinking vicariously through you.

Thanks for sharing!!

Another fab report!! Love your best and worst categories. I will so avoid the sangria lol!!

Another amazing, funny and perfect review from you! Thanks Kari, it's always a pleasure to come on here and get caught up with your adventures in dining (and drinking!) at Disney! :)

And now, to wrap this production, we still have one scene left. It's called.... "The exit."
:sad: The tears are for the end of your report AND the end of GMR :sad:

Oh, and one more thing. when I yell "action," don't forget the thunderous applause for your food guide.
Well, that you get! :thumbsup2 Well earned, indeed. :goodvibes

Oh well at least we got some fun pictures out of it.
Yes, you sure did!

I'm pretty sure this sad little thimble of sickening sweet grape juice says it all. And yes I still drank it :P
:rotfl: Would have been wasteful if you hadn't, right?

Our next trip is less than 3 months away, so stay tuned for more tipsy times.
YAY!!! Lookin' forward to it already :thumbsup2

Thanks so much for sharing your adventures, Kari. I have to say you and your family sound like an absolute blast to be around and I so appreciate being able to "tag along" on your trip ;) ::yes::

I got so far behind! But then it was only a few last meals, so I guess I am glad I didn't get lost in the middle :D I've been "saving" my favorite dining reports to catch up on and finally had a few minutes in front of the computer tonight. So glad to see you ended the trip with several high notes!
Thanks for indulging me, I couldn't pass up an opportunity to pay tribute to Casey's favorite shooting lady (aka Great Movie) ride one last time before I wrap this baby up
This actually managed to pull my heartstrings - I wasn't overly sad about seeing the GMR go, just because it really really needed love, but to think that it was a sweet little girl's favorite and her mama hasn't told her yet... HEARTBREAK :( poor Casey. Guess she will have to get more meat-named plush to ease her woes...

I couldn't resist another look at this sausage.
Of course you did. hahaha!

The Kilamanjaro from Jiko.
Why have I STILL not had this despite having been back to Jiko since I read about it? We had the Malva Pudding last time and it was also amazing.

The countdown is on until your next trip and dining report fodder! Thanks again for another fabulous report. :flower3:

Great report Kari, thanks for the Great Movie ride tribute, one of Andi's all time faves! I will be looking forward to your next dining and drinking extravaganza!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!