Tipsy is as Tipsy Does - A February '17 Dining Adventure - Complete 8/15

No idea when I'll get to our HOMECOMIN' dinner in my dining report since I can't figure out how the hell to get pictures here now that photobucket has s&*t the.......bucket on me, but you'll see our mac n cheese was a tad different than yours. I almost had that red sangria too but I was in a beer mood that night. Glad you enjoyed everywhere you went! The views from the top of Paddlefish look gorgeous but for this non-seafood loving girl the late night menu doesn't offer much.

Sounds like a fun night at DS. I'm sorry that you found Paddlefish a bit disappointing...it looks so good on the internet lol. Did I read that right that you got a 4th FP for Toy Story? I didn't think that happened and now I'm excited because that may be the only way we get to ride it more than once. Also, those crab fries looked amazing.

We aren't big drinkers, but I can't wait to see the new Disney Springs! Sounds like a great night!

Lots of yummy drinks to go around for you! I think I take to Jason's selections over yours though as I do love my Whiskey and my Bourbon!

Those ribs look yum! You can keep the crab fries though ;)

Homecomin' is wonderful - his restaurant in Naples is closed for summer so I guess I'm going to have to go visit Disney Springs sometime soon to get my southern food craving!

Congratulations on your posting milestone! We love your foodie reports & hoping for many, many more.

upload_2017-6-25_13-16-39.jpeg

Queen of the DISWorld :sail:

That Homecoming (I agree completely :thumbsup2) has wonderful mac n cheese and fried chicken. Refreshing to have a place actually live up to the hype. Just not enough hyper liver uppers in the World.

We started at Jock Lindsey's as we weren't overly hungry yet and thought that would be a good place for a few drinks.

We are planning to try Jock Lindsay's on our upcoming trip. Your drink looks delicious but I would be afraid of knocking that tall glass over. :) I laughed when I saw that the menu had a Singapore sling. That used to be a popular drink ages ago. In fact, I haven't had one in such a long time that I can't remember if I liked it or not. ;)

I really enjoyed Jock Lindsays when we went a few months ago. And I recently discovered the joy of Mezcal (thank you Frontera!) so I'll be getting cocktails with that in it whenever possible from now on! Drinking and eating around Disney Springs is so fun--glad you got to experience it!

got the Anything Goes which is byejoe dragon fire spirit, fresh Lime Juice, Passion Fruit, and Pineapple Juice. This was more tart than hot from the dragon fire, but everything went really well together. Side note not sure if you can tell from the picture, but this glass was ridiculously tall. I had to sip it off the table for fear of trying to pick it up.
The drink looks yummy but I have to say you look SO much like Casey in this picture! I can see where she gets her eyes from!

All the drinks at paddlefish were expensive (this one was $16) and did not live up to the price tag. The drinks at Nomads lounge far eclipsed these and were literally half the price!!!
$16 USD for 1 drink???? That is $22 CDN..... it would have to be the nectar of the gods for me to pay that much. Nomad Lounge sounds like the perfect spot for me. :)

CRAB FRIES!!!
O. M. G!! I would die to try these, they look delicious!

Speaking of indulgences I ordered the Tom Yum Siam, ketel one vodka, coconut rum, lychee, lime juice, simple syrup, lemongrass, and chili pepper
Also amazing looking! I do love coconut rum and I think the lychee and lime juice would balance it nicely.

Meet the Morimoto Spare Rib Appetizer with 3 pork ribs, cilantro, & hoisin sweet chili glaze
Now, I need to get to Disney Springs!! Every time I read a dining report I keep adding things I need to try. Those ribs are perfection. Wow! I guess I need to plan another trip because 8 days is just not long enough for everything I want to eat and drink!

For eats, we decided on the Thigh High Chicken Biscuits with Chef Art's famous fried chicken thighs and bread and butter pickles. Drizzled with hot honey.
You are killing me.......more deliciousness!

Momma's Mac n Cheese
Stop. Just stop. I can't take any more descriptions of over the top yumminess.....it all looks so good!

Everything looks so good, the loaded crab fries oh my yum yum!

We are trying Morimoto in November and I am super excited to try the ribs, I have heard so many good things about them.

We are also trying Homecomin in August for the first time. What is with the name change I don't get it, I agree with you DS has really shaped up to a fun place to eat, shop, and drink.

Ugh! Trying to quote a long post without a clue about how to do it has caused me several minutes of...UGH! So, I give up and will suffer through the weird typing thing I'm stuck with because of fancy posting Kari ;) My rosé is helping, a little.

On our last trip we spent arrival afternoon at DS. Instead of paying a slight premium on restaurant service, we took our 3 kids to Morimoto Streetfood to try some of the same things you did. We agree, those ribs are fantastic and it's a good thing I sprung for two orders. We also had the pork belly and chicken bao. The chicken version was tasty but we all agreed that the pork won. Ours were very meaty and the kids were a little annoyed that we gave them the chicken - LOL!

We sauntered over to Jock's for cocktails. I had "Air Pirate's Mule", which was very strong and used a bourbon. I was tipsy just from the fumes. DH had something with the word "Mayor" in it. His was fantastic. My daughter had the Poisonless Dart and the boys had Diving Bells, which are a watermelon/lemonade concoction that was really tasty. We loved the decor and the kids got such a kick out of ordering "cocktails".

Alas, Homecoming never had same day ADRs that would accommodate five, so we never got to go. It's on my list for next time, though! I will stay away from the sweet greens, that's not for me either!

Edit: Have you had the crab nachos at the Blue Zoo bar? My mom still talks about them from 2013! And, the drinks were fantastic.​

Last edited:
I'm a first timer to your reports, but I LOVE it! I am baffled as to how much you can drink. If I had half of that, I'd be a hot mess all over the place... and sick as well! I am definitely looking forward for more of your stories!

Side note not sure if you can tell from the picture, but this glass was ridiculously tall. I had to sip it off the table for fear of trying to pick it up.

:rotfl: it does look ridiculously tall.

I wasn't sure if all the Homecoming hype was true, but it is. Chef Art Smith knows some fried chicken and southern goodness and I can't wait to go back.

It's so good :thumbsup2 I think we're going back again this next trip too.

Hi Kari! Love, love, love Jock Lindsey's! As a matter of fact, we will be there Wednesday, after lunch at Rain Forest, just to have a yummy cocktail before we head on to St Pete. We LOVED Homecomin'. The drinks and chicken were spot on! Not too impressed with Mirimoto. I will chalk that up to a bad night for our server. I may give it another go at some point...
Love Disney Springs too. I had a difficult time shying away from calling it DTD, still do at times...
I can't wait to hear more about your travels...

I totally agree with you about Disney Springs! I'm very sad that we had just a few short hours and a lot to do when we were there in May, so I couldn't really appreciate it. We did go to Homecoming, though, and loved it. My husband really wants Art Smith's fried chicken recipe.

I wouldn't say she is a natural, as she unfortunately is inflicted with my clumsiness, but she loves it and thats all that matters :-)
Yeppers, that's all that matters! :thumbsup2

CRAB FRIES!!!
YUM!!!

Homecoming (refuse to drop the g, see above rant on changing names of things for no reason)
I respect that.

Per my tipsy notes this was boozy just like I like it, so gonna go with this was good.
:laughing:

Looks like a lovely adults-only night out! And how fun for Casey at the club, too :thumbsup2

That is a true mark of selfless motherhood.....I don't know if I would share my school bread!
School bread I will share, my adult beverage I will not :-)

You can never go wrong with coffee and Baileys!
You really can't go wrong the Baileys and just about anything

Isn't Disney Springs fantastic? I'm totally in love with it too and think you had the right idea doing a "crawl" - there are so many great spots it is hard to pick just one. I haven't tried Paddlefish yet but those crab fries and the rooftop view are moving it up on my to-do list. You're the second person to mention the Morimoto ribs in the last few days - another item for the list. Ah, Homecoming (what IS the deal with dropping the g?)- how I love that fried chicken and they make some absolutely delicious cocktails. I'm looking forward to that new wine bar opening soon and the Jose Andres restaurant. At this rate could spend a week eating in Disney Springs and not hit everything I want to!
It really was fantastic. I'm not a shopper so I was down on it for so long, but they really did an amazing job.

The crawl was definitely the right way to go so we could try several places. It would be a total sophie's choices to pick one, so 4 it was :-) I haven't heard too much about the wine bar yet, but Jose Andres is a DC based chef so we've eaten at his places a few times. I think the one down there will be a Jaleo, which we have a few of up here, so that's at least one place we won't have to worry about.

I've heard such good things about these ribs! If I remember correctly from the menu they seem really overpriced for only 3 ribs though.
I think it was somewhere in the neighborhood of $15 for the ribs. So $5 a rib does sound like a lot, but if you factor in its the best rib ever it makes the price a bit more palatable.

When I was younger we had a Japanese foreign exchange student and we took her to Disney, and she convinced my dad to try some sake in the Japan pavilion. It was served warm and he gave me a taste of it and it was so horrid, and my mom told me all alcohol tasted like that to dissuade me from drinking when I was older. Sorry mom it didn't work
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Thankfully for all of our sakes your Mom was right

Looks like a fun night! I swear to god, you and some of these other trip report women are doing something right with face regiment. You look so young!
Wow, thank you so much. I like to think all the alcohol is just pickling me early and I keep the extra weight on just to keep the wrinkles at bay :P

No idea when I'll get to our HOMECOMIN' dinner in my dining report since I can't figure out how the hell to get pictures here now that photobucket has s&*t the.......bucket on me, but you'll see our mac n cheese was a tad different than yours. I almost had that red sangria too but I was in a beer mood that night. Glad you enjoyed everywhere you went! The views from the top of Paddlefish look gorgeous but for this non-seafood loving girl the late night menu doesn't offer much.
Now you've got me intrigued on the mac and cheese, though I can't fathom how mac and cheese could be anything different than what we were served.

I was totally channeling you with the sangria so I'm shocked you didn't have any. It was YUM-E.

Sounds like a fun night at DS. I'm sorry that you found Paddlefish a bit disappointing...it looks so good on the internet lol. Did I read that right that you got a 4th FP for Toy Story? I didn't think that happened and now I'm excited because that may be the only way we get to ride it more than once. Also, those crab fries looked amazing.
Paddlefish really was fine, but with so many amazing restaurants in DS it really doesn't stand-up.

Yeah, we've gotten a 4th fast pass for toy story a few times now. Each time we did it on our Epcot day and usually only when we had 1 or 2 fastpasses, vice 3, so technically I guess it was our 2nd or 3rd fast pass but there was a lot of availability.

We aren't big drinkers, but I can't wait to see the new Disney Springs! Sounds like a great night!
Drinking or not, its an entirely different place.

Lots of yummy drinks to go around for you! I think I take to Jason's selections over yours though as I do love my Whiskey and my Bourbon!

Those ribs look yum! You can keep the crab fries though ;)

Homecomin' is wonderful - his restaurant in Naples is closed for summer so I guess I'm going to have to go visit Disney Springs sometime soon to get my southern food craving!
Yes, you and Jason definitely share an affinity for all things whiskey. That's ok though, more of everything else for me :-)

Why did he close a restaurant down for the summer? Is it really the show season down there?

Congratulations on your posting milestone! We love your foodie reports & hoping for many, many more.

View attachment 246878

Queen of the DISWorld :sail:

That Homecoming (I agree completely :thumbsup2) has wonderful mac n cheese and fried chicken. Refreshing to have a place actually live up to the hype. Just not enough hyper liver uppers in the World.
Thanks Sam! I'm not sure if I'm the queen of the disworld, but I'm certainly the drinking queen of my own universe :-)

There are not enough hype liver uppers out there, but just about everything in DS came through for us

Those ribs looks amazing, will def have to try those!!!
Yes you must, they are to die for!

The mac and cheese at Homecoming looks delicious.
It was pretty darn good and lived up to Jason's very high southern expectations.

Omg those crab fries look amazing!
They were pretty darn good. We are headed to the beach for a week tomorrow and I'm already thinking about trying to recreate them!

We are planning to try Jock Lindsay's on our upcoming trip. Your drink looks delicious but I would be afraid of knocking that tall glass over. :) I laughed when I saw that the menu had a Singapore sling. That used to be a popular drink ages ago. In fact, I haven't had one in such a long time that I can't remember if I liked it or not. ;)
Hope you all enjoy jocks as much as we did. It was a great fun environment for drinks, as long as you don't knock the glass over :P

I've noticed a lot of older drinks are coming back again. Not sure if its nostalgia or if they've just run out of original ideas but we've seen things like singapore slings, sidecars, and negroni's popping up a lot lately

I really enjoyed Jock Lindsays when we went a few months ago. And I recently discovered the joy of Mezcal (thank you Frontera!) so I'll be getting cocktails with that in it whenever possible from now on! Drinking and eating around Disney Springs is so fun--glad you got to experience it!
I'm a huge Mezcal fan too. Jason used to cook with it at work a lot so that is where I first tried it and found how much I liked it. I'm a tequila fan too, but as you know the mezcal just brings something completely different to the table

Oh Yum looks delish.

Oh Sake yes please
I would have said no think you to sake before our Morimoto experience, but now I'm with you on the yes please!

The drink looks yummy but I have to say you look SO much like Casey in this picture! I can see where she gets her eyes from!
Casey definitely has my eyes, but just about everything else on that girl is all Jason! :P

$16 USD for 1 drink???? That is $22 CDN..... it would have to be the nectar of the gods for me to pay that much. Nomad Lounge sounds like the perfect spot for me. :)
Yeah the prices were just insane and not justifiable in the least. Nomads is much better all the way around!

Now, I need to get to Disney Springs!! Every time I read a dining report I keep adding things I need to try. Those ribs are perfection. Wow! I guess I need to plan another trip because 8 days is just not long enough for everything I want to eat and drink!
I'm with you. There are just so many amazing places to eat at disney and not enough time to eat them all. I'm not sure if in 8 months I'd get to have everything I wanted :-)

Everything looks so good, the loaded crab fries oh my yum yum!

We are trying Morimoto in November and I am super excited to try the ribs, I have heard so many good things about them.

We are also trying Homecomin in August for the first time. What is with the name change I don't get it, I agree with you DS has really shaped up to a fun place to eat, shop, and drink.
When are you all going in November? We'll be down there the first week for the wine and dine 1/2 marathon (me wine and dining and jason doing the marathon part)

Hope you enjoy both Morimoto and Homecoming. I'm sure we'll be back to at least one of them on our trip

Ugh! Trying to quote a long post without a clue about how to do it has caused me several minutes of...UGH! So, I give up and will suffer through the weird typing thing I'm stuck with because of fancy posting Kari ;) My rosé is helping, a little.
Sorry for your suffering, but glad to hear rose made it all better :-)

We sauntered over to Jock's for cocktails. I had "Air Pirate's Mule", which was very strong and used a bourbon. I was tipsy just from the fumes. DH had something with the word "Mayor" in it. His was fantastic. My daughter had the Poisonless Dart and the boys had Diving Bells, which are a watermelon/lemonade concoction that was really tasty. We loved the decor and the kids got such a kick out of ordering "cocktails".
I'm not a fan of bourbon at all, but I must say fume tipsiness does sound rather inviting :P I didn't even think about taking Casey here, but she would totally love the cocktails too. May have to visit again on our next trip :drinking1

Edit: Have you had the crab nachos at the Blue Zoo bar? My mom still talks about them from 2013! And, the drinks were fantastic.
No I haven't had them and don't even recall seeing them on our last trip there, but now I'm totally dying for something that I don't even know what it is :-) Good news is we are headed to the beach tomorrow, so lots of crab goodness awaits!

I'm a first timer to your reports, but I LOVE it! I am baffled as to how much you can drink. If I had half of that, I'd be a hot mess all over the place... and sick as well! I am definitely looking forward for more of your stories!
:welcome: Glad you are enjoying. I can see how you'd be baffled by our drinking, but we've been practicing for a long, long time :drinking1

:rotfl: it does look ridiculously tall.
It was insane. I never was able to pick it up, just had to sip and tip it from the table.

It's so good :thumbsup2 I think we're going back again this next trip too.
:thumbsup2

Hi Kari! Love, love, love Jock Lindsey's! As a matter of fact, we will be there Wednesday, after lunch at Rain Forest, just to have a yummy cocktail before we head on to St Pete. We LOVED Homecomin'. The drinks and chicken were spot on! Not too impressed with Mirimoto. I will chalk that up to a bad night for our server. I may give it another go at some point...
Love Disney Springs too. I had a difficult time shying away from calling it DTD, still do at times...
I can't wait to hear more about your travels...
Well if my calculations are correct you did Jock's already so I hope it was yummy and the cocktails were flowing! Hope you all are having an amazing trip. Can't wait to hear about it!

I totally agree with you about Disney Springs! I'm very sad that we had just a few short hours and a lot to do when we were there in May, so I couldn't really appreciate it. We did go to Homecoming, though, and loved it. My husband really wants Art Smith's fried chicken recipe.
We'll be at CBR on our next trip so hopefully we'll spend a lot more time over there. Casey won't be thrilled but we'll just bribe her with more shopping :-)

Looks like a lovely adults-only night out! And how fun for Casey at the club, too :thumbsup2
Yep, happy kid, happy mama, happy drinks, happy family :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!