Title Chosen: World of Friendship! October 2017 Girls Getaway: Aloha to the Poly/ MCO Hyatt p33-4

“4”
A Tall Tale At MK

We left Animal Kingdom and got on a bus for the Magic Kingdom.

We made it!!!

PP4.jpg

PP4MK.jpg

PP4MK2.jpg

Unfortunately, the forecast for that night was pouring rain, but it was not too bad when we arrived- dry, but blurry!

DSCF3119.jpg

DSCF3121.jpg

Surprisingly, the octopus appetizer that we didn’t eat at Tiffin’s failed to satisfy our hunger- we had not had a meal since snacking around the world at EPCOT for lunch.

We had some time before we needed to find a spot for Happily Ever After, so we made our way to my favorite counter service restaurant at the MK- Columbia Harbor House.

DSCF3122.jpg

Shrimp Mac & Cheese (they got rid of the lobster) :(

DSCF3123.jpg

Chicken Pot Pie

DSCF3125.jpg

Tuna Salad and homemade chips

By the time we were finished with our meal, the rain that was promised had arrived.

Undaunted, we found a spot fairly close to the castle to watch the show, but discovered a problem. Many of the people in front of us were using umbrellas which would be blocking some of our view of the projections.

We decided to move back further on Main Street, about halfway between the castle and the train station.

We found an excellent spot with a decent view.

Until right before the show started.

I am not exaggerating when I say that the tallest couple in the world stepped right in front of us. She was an Amazon, and he was a few inches taller.

I believe Nannette and Janet stepped off to the side, but I tried to make the best of a difficult situation. I looked behind me to make sure I was not blocking the view of any small children and then found a viewing spot through the opening between the couple.

OK, this might work.

Until the show started and the woman started swaying. For most of the show, either my view was blocked or I was trying to move to find a peephole between the two to watch the show, only to have her move AGAIN, so I spent the entire time bobbing and weaving.

I really should have taken a picture of this comical situation, but between the rain and needing to constantly move to try to get glimpses of the projections and fireworks, I didn’t have the motivation.

I took 0 pictures during the show.

****************************************************************************************

It had been a long, productive, satisfying FUN day.

We met our 4 park challenge!

But looking back and writing about it, I discovered that we really didn’t get our ride on that day.

Do you know how many total rides went on that day?

And two of them were the same ride- Toy Story Mania. The Safari and Flights of Passage at Animal Kingdom. We didn’t go on any attractions at EPCOT or Magic Kingdom! That may be a first for me!

After leaving the park, we made our way to the resort boat dock to return to our room at the Poly. I think we were able to get on the first boat that arrived. It was still raining and the seats were wet. Oh, well! I think we could see the Electrical Water Parade while on the trip, but I’m not positive.

No pictures.

ETA: I found the pictures

DSCF3129.jpg

DSCF3130.jpg

DSCF3131.jpg

DSCF3132%202.jpg

The rest of the night, our last night at Disney, was both unremarkable, and memorable.

We opened a bottle of wine and toasted our friend Rebecca.

As I mentioned in a previous update, I watched the castle change colors- from my room!

I can’t think of a better night-light!

Next up: Last Day

Last edited:
4 parks in one day- woo hoo!

I'm sorry the rain did in fact arrive :( And that you couldn't get the right spot for HEA! Darn that tall couple!

You may have only done 4 rides but I'm sure you made many more memories instead :)

I believe Nannette and Janet stepped off to the side, but I tried to make the best of a difficult situation. I looked behind me to make sure I was not blocking the view of any small children and then found a viewing spot through the opening between the couple.

OK, this might work.

Until the show started and the woman started swaying. For most of the show, either my view was blocked or I was trying to move to find a peephole between the two to watch the show, only to have her move AGAIN, so I spent the entire time bobbing and weaving.

Uggh! So frustrating! I laughed out loud though because I've been in this EXACT scenario before, right down to the swaying. Why does it always happen like this!?

4 Parks - such a wonderful and exhausting day!!

And it's that just amazing to be able to watch the castle from your window. That's really the life!

We made it!!!

PP4.jpg

Hey! You did!

Or....... is it photoshopped with a green screen? Hmmmmm????

but it was not too bad when we arrived- dry, but blurry!

That sounds like a description of how you might feel after a hard night of partying.

Surprisingly, the octopus appetizer that we didn’t eat at Tiffin’s failed to satisfy our hunger-

Odd. Perhaps a sternly worded email should be not sent.

I never had the lobster mac there... but.... dang, that looks good.

Cute shot of you guys! :)

Undaunted, we found a spot fairly close to the castle to watch the show, but discovered a problem. Many of the people in front of us were using umbrellas which would be blocking some of our view of the projections.

Well.... poop.... on them.

We found an excellent spot with a decent view.

Until right before the show started.

:headache:

:laughing: Who knew you could do cardio during fireworks?

Do you know how many total rides went on that day?

Fail!

And yet... you had fun. So... Success!

As I mentioned in a previous update, I watched the castle change colors- from my room!

I can’t think of a better night-light!

::yes::

You were a good sport with our picture!

I can't remember- did you stay for Rivers of Light? Was it raining for the show?

Meals have definitely declined in quality at Disney overall while the prices have increased. Honestly, I am just as happy eating at counter service places, especially the ones in EPCOT, because I love international food. I liked our lunch at Harambe Marketplace in Animal Kingdom.

The only signature restaurant I have been to was our meal at blue. I am usually able to find something I will enjoy any place we go.

I'll try the kale-n-quinoa, but I'll pass on the soylet!

:sad2:

I am totally confused... Was this Thursday the 26th? I don't know where I was. I know it was raining and I stopped in Tiffins to try and get something to eat and they were closed. Wah, Wahhhh.... I think I just cashed it in and went back to the room. I was going to try and photograph Pandora but there were so many people hanging around I couldn't get the shots I wanted. Then there is the matter of the yellow cast that the parking lot lights give the sky at night. They ruin your night shots in Pandora.

You know when I went on another trip in December my group ate in Tiffins and I had the octopus then. It was not as good as the first time that I had it. They had changed the recipe. Wah, Wahhhh.... Pass the Soylent Green...Wah, Wahhhh....

~NM

I am totally confused... Was this Thursday the 26th? I don't know where I was. I know it was raining and I stopped in Tiffins to try and get something to eat and they were closed. Wah, Wahhhh.... I think I just cashed it in and went back to the room. I was going to try and photograph Pandora but there were so many people hanging around I couldn't get the shots I wanted. Then there is the matter of the yellow cast that the parking lot lights give the sky at night. They ruin your night shots in Pandora.

You know when I went on another trip in December my group ate in Tiffins and I had the octopus then. It was not as good as the first time that I had it. They had changed the recipe. Wah, Wahhhh.... Pass the Soylent Green...Wah, Wahhhh....

~NM

No, this was Saturday night. You met us at AK and we rode Flights of Passage with a long FP wait. We were given a bonus FP, which I think you and the Wood Nymphs used on the River Journey. You also posted something about riding Flights of Passage 3 times that night. Although the 3 of us left for MK to see Happily Ever After, we kept the FP for the Rivers of Light show so you could photograph it if you wanted to. I don't know what the weather was after we left AK, but it was raining over at MK.

I think you were back in the room at the Poly when we arrived after the fireworks.

Sorry to hear that the octopus was not as good on your last trip. I would be up in arms (all 8 of them) over that!

4 parks in one day- woo hoo!

I'm sorry the rain did in fact arrive :( And that you couldn't get the right spot for HEA! Darn that tall couple!

You may have only done 4 rides but I'm sure you made many more memories instead :)

I was pretty impressed with completing the 4 park challenge, especially since we also changed resorts that day! I have done variations of the 4 park (3 themes and a water park) but never the 4 theme parks in one day. Although I think technically, one is supposed to go on at least one ride, or maybe even 2 headliners for it to "count" Future goals!

I'm trying to figure out why I just didn't move elsewhere on the street to watch Happily Ever After, but if I am recalling correctly, there were kids all around and I didn't want to step in front of any of them.

We had such a fun, memorable day that was all about friendship!

:dogdance:

Uggh! So frustrating! I laughed out loud though because I've been in this EXACT scenario before, right down to the swaying. Why does it always happen like this!?

4 Parks - such a wonderful and exhausting day!!

And it's that just amazing to be able to watch the castle from your window. That's really the life!

Seriously! I had a nice view right in between the two people but then she kept moving! :headache:

We had so much fun on our 4 park day. And a lot of bonding! :grouphug:

Castle view- HIGHLY recommend!

:thumbsup2

Hey! You did!

Or....... is it photoshopped with a green screen? Hmmmmm????

It does kind of look like a fake background. And we are all wearing a color that would show up well on a green screen. You may be onto something!

That sounds like a description of how you might feel after a hard night of partying.

:faint:

Odd. Perhaps a sternly worded email should be not sent.

:rotfl2: I guffawed at this one!

I never had the lobster mac there... but.... dang, that looks good.

Columbia Harbor House Seafood Mac & Cheese. I don't even like mac & cheese that much, but this was soooooo good!

WP_20160108_042.jpg

Cute shot of you guys! :)

I don't always wear ponchos, but when I do, I take a selfie with my friends!

Well.... poop.... on them.

Put.Down.Your.D#$%.:umbrella:

:laughing: Who knew you could do cardio during fireworks?

It was more like yoga.

Fail!

And yet... you had fun. So... Success!

It kind of was a "fail" When I am on a trip with my family it is all about the rides.

But I wouldn't change what we did that day.

Well, I might have skipped that second ride on Toy Story. That was a mistake!

:headache:

It does kind of look like a fake background. And we are all wearing a color that would show up well on a green screen. You may be onto something!

I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!

Columbia Harbor House Seafood Mac & Cheese. I don't even like mac & cheese that much, but this was soooooo good!

WP_20160108_042.jpg

Dang!

I don't always wear ponchos, but when I do, I take a selfie with my friends!

Stay wet my friends.

It was more like yoga.

Either way, the health benefits are indisputable.

Surprisingly, the octopus appetizer that we didn’t eat at Tiffin’s failed to satisfy our hunger- we had not had a meal since snacking around the world at EPCOT for lunch.

Hahaha! Imaginary Octopus appetizers tend to leave you wanting more...

DSCF3122.jpg

I had this once, never had the lobster, though I would have much preferred the lobster! It is still pretty good although very heavy!

DSCF3123.jpg

Chicken Pot Pie

This actually looks like quite a yummy meal!

DSCF3125.jpg

Tuna Salad and homemade chips

i've always liked the tuna sandwiches here and I don't normally eat tuna sandwiches!

I am not exaggerating when I say that the tallest couple in the world stepped right in front of us. She was an Amazon, and he was a few inches taller.

That always happens to me and I'm not even that short!

Argh so annoying!!

:hug: there there.

Thanks for the words of consolation.

I'm (almost) over the disappearance of the seafood mac & cheese, but it is going to take a long time (maybe never) for me to forgive the removal of the roasted beet & goat cheese salad with candied walnuts at Sunshine Seasons. Sure, a variation of that salad now appears at almost every other restaurant at the World, but it is not the same as the original.

:(

Hahaha! Imaginary Octopus appetizers tend to leave you wanting more...

On the plus side, this is a really low-calorie option!

I had this once, never had the lobster, though I would have much preferred the lobster! It is still pretty good although very heavy!

Always risky when lobster is added to an entrée, but the one time I had the seafood mac & cheese, the lobster was cooked perfectly and was tender and tasty.

This actually looks like quite a yummy meal!

I don't think I tried any, but yes, looks very good.

i've always liked the tuna sandwiches here and I don't normally eat tuna sandwiches!

I agree- the tuna sandwich at CHH is one of my favorites.

That always happens to me and I'm not even that short!

It's bad enough when people step in front of adults of any size, but it is so hard for little kids to see when nobody is paying attention to where they are standing.

Argh so annoying!!

I'm glad I had seen Happily Ever After earlier in the week!

I think the 4 parks in one day is an awesome feat!
And, personally, I think managing to do that and go on 4 rides is a win. Even at our best, Alex and I only managed 3 parks. So I'm always impressed with guests who can tackle them all. Plus, the rides you did go on were headliners...

That chicken pot pie meal at Columbia Harbor House looks pretty good. That's a QS restaurant I've got to get to eventually.

Oh man, I can just picture your troubles at Happily Ever After. If it wasn't the rain, it was the tall guests. It sounds incredibly frustrating, but you seemed to handle it well and topped off your night on a high note. That short boat ride back to the Polynesian beats the madness of the monorail or ferries any day. And a quiet castle view to end your evening while you drink some wine sounds like the perfect way to decompress after park hopping.
Can't believe you're on to your last day already!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts