Title Chosen: World of Friendship! October 2017 Girls Getaway: Aloha to the Poly/ MCO Hyatt p33-4

I can’t believe that Ben is going to start looking at colleges. It seems like he was just a kid yesterday. They sure grow up fast.

Glad you had a nice time in Mexico!

Pick a Pearl is so fun- nice that you all picked one out as a thank you gift!

I love a beach vacation!

Snorkeling is one of our favorite pastimes and Mark/Ben had not been out since our trip to Hawaii in 2014. I got a chance to snorkel on my cruise in October, which was nice. I was glad that the boys had a chance to get back into the water.

The Pick a Pearl is a fun and relatively inexpensive gift.

:thumbsup2

Pick a Pearl seems like a lot of fun! Nobody in my family has ever done it before.

Although it is fun to just watch, it is so much better when you are part of the show!

:cool2:

I can’t believe that Ben is going to start looking at colleges. It seems like he was just a kid yesterday. They sure grow up fast.

I know! *sniff!

Your comment sent me back looking at picture from our 2008 trip- although we did take the boys in 2004, I consider the one ten years ago to be our first family trip.

P8170321 - Copy.JPG

P8190531 - Copy.JPG

:sad1:

Last edited:

I'll take a guess that you spent the evening taking photos around Epcot.

So that was not really what I was going for, but when I was looking at the pictures for the next update, that of course ended up being true!

::yes::

A Different Perspective

After Pick A Pearl, we continued to wander the World Showcase and ended up in France. I didn’t get anything to eat, but I did take some pictures of these treats.

IMG_8633.jpg

IMG_8631.jpg

IMG_8632.jpg

IMG_8634.jpg

Seeing this strawberry tart brought me back to a memory of my high school band trip to Quebec. I had a piece of strawberry pie that was one of the most amazing things I had eaten up to that point in my life. It was so good that I purchased an entire pie to bring back to my family.

Not the best idea I had ever had- it did not do well on the bus journey home ☹

I continued to head to the park exit.

IMG_8637.jpg

It had been a long day.

Starting out with breakfast as a short order cook in our villa at Saratoga, followed by visits to Animal Kingdom and EPCOT without a break.

Here’s a recap:

Meet with Mickey and Minnie

Everest

Pandora

Caring for Giants Tour

Lunch

Festival of the Lion King

Bus to EPCOT

Test Track

Festival Center

Spaceship Earth

Dinner at Via Napoli

Pick-A-Pearl

The next morning was going to be an early one- we were going to hit Magic Kingdom for an 8 am early magic hours opening (MNSSHP night).

I have been spoiled with stays at the Yacht & Beach Club where I can just leave by the International Gateway to get back to my room. I was too tired and in no mood to fight with the end of the night crowds at the bus stop.

So once I got to the World Showcase/Future World gateway I responsibly decided to head back to the resort to rest up.

Then I looked back to take a picture.

IMG_8639.jpg

Wait- is that Illuminations starting?

Maybe I’ll stay for a few minutes…

Some of these pictures are out of order since I was taking them with both my "big girl camera" and my iPhone:

IMG_1928.jpg

IMG_1930.jpg

IMG_1933.jpg

IMG_1934.jpg

IMG_1939.jpg

IMG_1946.jpg

IMG_8652.jpg

IMG_8661.jpg

IMG_8668.jpg

IMG_8676.jpg

IMG_8661.jpg

IMG_8679.jpg

IMG_8682.jpg

IMG_8684.jpg

IMG_8687.jpg

IMG_8688.jpg

IMG_8691.jpg

IMG_8700.jpg

IMG_8702.jpg

I cropped these two pictures-

IMG_1938%202.jpg

This one looks like Mickey is holding a sparkler.

IMG_1945%202.jpg

Too bad the flare on the left isn’t coming out of Mickey’s palm.

Wow, that’s a lot of pictures for just staying for a few minutes!

Now it was time to leave, for real. Since I was watching Illuminations from Future World, I was ahead of a lot of the crowd leaving. I made my way QUICKLY towards the exit, although I still couldn’t resist taking a few pictures.

IMG_8705.jpg

IMG_8706.jpg

IMG_8707.jpg

Next Up: A Magical Kingdom with Friends

Last edited:
....Snip....Seeing this strawberry tart brought me back to a memory of my high school band trip to Quebec. I had a piece of strawberry pie that was one of the most amazing things I had eaten up to that point in my life. It was so good that I purchased an entire pie to bring back to my family.
I am sure your mother said it was the thought that counted.

Whoa! You accomplished a lot in one day! Before I ever got to the two cropped pictures, I thought "How cool! Looks like Mickey is shooting off some of those fireworks." Oh and thanks for posting a picture of your pearl in the box. I went to the website and have decided that I do need another pearl to add to my large selection AND that I need one of the cages like you bought.

I love your fireworks pictures with Mickey in the foreground. It would have been cute if the fireworks lined up better. :)

We are totally spoiled by the International Gateway and usually only watch Illuminations when staying at the YC or BC. When we are staying at other resorts we often grab a cab at the Beach Club, like we did when we were staying at the Wilderness Lodge last week, rather than try to fight the long bus lines near park close.

Last edited:
Wow what a jam packed day!

Great pictures with the Mickey topiary. International Gateway definitely spoils you. I love the proximity of some of the resorts.

What a brilliant way to spend the day. You really did fit a lot in and I'm so glad you stayed those last few minutes for illuminations :) Amazing fireworks photos. I especially love the 2 you cropped.
Earlier you asked if I'd been to Via Napoli-I have, a couple of times. I enjoyed my meal ok there but we prefer Trattatoria al forno as it has better options for the men in my life. I do think VN is great with a crowd though and love the in park break from the heat and crowds in summer :)

I am sure your mother said it was the thought that counted.

A great way to look at the situation.

:goodvibes

Whoa! You accomplished a lot in one day! Before I ever got to the two cropped pictures, I thought "How cool! Looks like Mickey is shooting off some of those fireworks." Oh and thanks for posting a picture of your pearl in the box. I went to the website and have decided that I do need another pearl to add to my large selection AND that I need one of the cages like you bought.

That's the way I roll in Disney!

I didn't notice that it looked like Mickey was shooting off fireworks until I was going through the photos for the update.

I love my pearl necklace. I don't wear much jewelry, but that is a piece I take out for special occasions. I definitely took it on the Fantasy with me and wore it on formal nights.

princess:

I love your fireworks pictures with Mickey in the foreground. It would have been cute if the fireworks lined up better. :)

We are totally spoiled by the International Gateway and usually only watch Illuminations when staying at the YC or BC. When we are staying at other resorts we often grab a cab at the Beach Club, like we did when we were staying at the Wilderness Lodge last week, rather than try to fight the long bus lines near park close.

I really like the way the fireworks pictures turned out with Mickey in the foreground. I couldn't really see most of Illuminations, but I liked the spot because it wasn't crowded and I was able to escape from EPCOT and get on a bus before the huge crowds that were leaving. But, yes, so much easier when staying at Yacht & Beach.

Wow what a jam packed day!

Great pictures with the Mickey topiary. International Gateway definitely spoils you. I love the proximity of some of the resorts.

It was a busy day, but that's the way- uh-huh-uh-huh- I like it!

The location of the Yacht & Beach Club resorts can't be beat!

:thumbsup2

What a full and crazy day you had!! And what pretty fireworks pictures!

Thank you!

It was a great day!

I was pleased with how the fireworks pictures came out.

:cool2:

What a brilliant way to spend the day. You really did fit a lot in and I'm so glad you stayed those last few minutes for illuminations :) Amazing fireworks photos. I especially love the 2 you cropped.
Earlier you asked if I'd been to Via Napoli-I have, a couple of times. I enjoyed my meal ok there but we prefer Trattatoria al forno as it has better options for the men in my life. I do think VN is great with a crowd though and love the in park break from the heat and crowds in summer :)

Thanks!

Glad you liked the pictures.

I'm still not sure if Via Napoli will make it back on my family's dining rotation with so many other awesome EPCOT restaurants to choose from. Maybe in the right circumstances. It is great for a group.

:grouphug:

mmmmm... macarons.....

First time I ever had one was in Paris.
I've yet to have one as good.

Seeing this strawberry tart brought me back to a memory of my high school band trip to Quebec. I had a piece of strawberry pie that was one of the most amazing things I had eaten up to that point in my life. It was so good that I purchased an entire pie to bring back to my family.

Nice!

Not the best idea I had ever had- it did not do well on the bus journey home ☹

Oh.

:lmao:

Wait- is that Illuminations starting?

Maybe I’ll stay for a few minutes…

:) Couldn't resist, huh?

Like that one.

This one looks like Mickey is holding a sparkler.

And that's just what I was thinking. Or a magic wand.

Too bad the flare on the left isn’t coming out of Mickey’s palm.

Easy fix, though.

thanks for all the pics!

mmmmm... macarons.....

First time I ever had one was in Paris.
I've yet to have one as good.

The macarons are pretty and photogenic, but unlike you, I prefer mine with an extra o and coconut.

To each his/her own.

Such a sad, smooshed pie :(

But now I'm excited because someone promised a strawberry pie recipe on your Trip Report!

:woohoo:

:) Couldn't resist, huh?

Duh! It's Illuminations!

Like that one.

Thank you!

And that's just what I was thinking. Or a magic wand.

Easy fix, though.

Wish I knew how to Photoshop or otherwise edit my photos. I don't know how to do much beyond "Crop"

My pleasure!

thanks for all the pics!

My pleasure!

:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!