Title Chosen: World of Friendship! October 2017 Girls Getaway: Aloha to the Poly/ MCO Hyatt p33-4

That's kind of nice sometimes to have some breathing room and go with the flow.

It is still a foreign concept to me, but it worked for this day.

Uggh. Our Disney days sometimes start at Stupid O'Clock, too. Especially with magic hours.

You have had some days start (understandably) at EXTREMELY Stupid O'clock!

Nice photo!

Thank you!

Awesome! I've managed to bring Nathan around to all the photos a bit, but he's still not a huge fan, so it still takes a little pulling from me.

Awww! I'm glad to hear that he is being "trained" to stop for photos.

:goodvibes

A Classic Magic Morning

We had been at the park for about an hour. We had a few Fast Passes scheduled that morning:

9:15-10:15 Big Thunder Mountain

10:40-11:40 Pirates of the Caribbean (Possible time overlap with Teena)

11:45-12:45 Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

But first up was a visit to Janet’s favorite:

IMG_8744%20-%20Copy.jpg

IMG_8746%20-%20Copy.jpg

IMG_8747%20-%20Copy.jpg

IMG_8750%20-%20Copy.jpg

After the ride, I took a couple of my favorite (non-friend) pictures of the trip:

DSCF2763.jpg

IMG_8762.jpg

We also stopped for a couple of photopass pictures.

PPHM1.jpg

PPHM3.jpg

It was now time to meet up with Sue and her husband for our first Fast Pass and my favorite MK ride.

DSCF2803.jpg

DSCF2774.jpg

DSCF2779.jpg

DSCF2780.jpg

DSCF2781.jpg

DSCF2785.jpg

DSCF2786.jpg

DSCF2788.jpg

My group was ready to move along, but I have No Egrets about stopping for a few pictures of this cutie.

DSCF2794.jpg

DSCF2800.jpg

DSCF2802.jpg

I was pleased with the results from this little nature photoshoot. From Heron in, I won’t hesitate to break for birds.

I guess we must have had birds on the brain, or maybe corny bird jokes, because our next stop was here.

IMG_8770.jpg

I don’t think I had watched this show since my boys’ very first trip in 2004. We were there with friends and a total of 5 kids: Nate (age 6), P (6), C (4), Ben (3) and M (2). I was in early practice mode for future class trips when my job would be counting kids. 1-2-3-4-5. 1-2-3-4-5. While we were in the preshow area for the Tiki Birds, Mark ran to get Fast Passes for something. Probably Peter Pan.

1-2-3-4.

OMG! Ben is missing! I looked all around the room and didn’t see him. My heart started racing.

Then I looked down. I was holding Ben.

It was a really freaky experience- I was so hyper-focused on keeping track of all the kids that I lost the one I was holding in my arms.

I was a lot less stressed going in this time around.

IMG_8775.jpg

IMG_8780.jpg

It was ok. I’m glad we did it. Don’t know that I will be rushing back to see it for several more years, though.

Continued In Next Post- More MK: Funny Running into You (and You) here!

Last edited:
More MK: Funny Running Into You (and You) Here!

At this point we made a pit stop at the bathrooms in between Adventureland and Frontierland.

I was standing next to Sue in the passageway, waiting for the rest of our group to finish up, when all of a sudden she jumped in front of a woman on an electric scooter.

She asked the rider “Do I know you?” or said “I think I know you!” or something like that.

Turns out that it was @Elevationist

Of course, if there are no pictures, it didn’t happen!

Look at her awesome make-up job!

DSCF2805.jpg

It was great meeting her in person and chatting for a little bit.

As she was leaving, I glanced down the passageway and saw our friend Teena!

We spent a few minutes with her and then walked her over to Pirates so she and her friend could use their Fast Passes. They were planning on going to a movie later that afternoon, so they weren’t able to wait for our Fast Passes to be active.

Again, we documented the meet with a picture to prove it happened.

IMG_1961.jpg

Since we couldn’t take a voyage with pirates yet, we decided to go to a hoe-down with bears.

IMG_8784.jpg

Another attraction I hadn’t done in many years, probably a decade.

But it all came back to me! And I enjoyed it.

I spent a lot of the show taking pictures.

IMG_8786.jpg

IMG_8789.jpg

DSCF2810.jpg

My college-age son Nate is into country music. Not the current stuff, but I guess what you would call “classic” country. Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Hank Williams I, II and III (I didn't even know there was a III). I let him set two country stations on my van’s radio- Outlaw Country and Willie’s Roadhouse.

I swear, sometimes when we are listening, the songs bring me right back to the Country Bears.

Yee-haw!

Sue glanced at the Times Guide and noticed that a Muppets Moment in History was just about to start, so we made our way over to Liberty Square.

~Ninjamom asked if anyone wanted popcorn and we all said no. So naturally, she disappeared and came back with this:

DSCF2815.jpg

Despite our protests, we made a pretty good dent.

The performance was The Midnight Ride of Paul Revere, a tale this New Englander knows quite well. OK, this version was slightly different from the story I am familiar with, but I enjoyed the Muppet version.

IMG_8809.jpg

It was time to use our Pirates Fast Pass- I always love this ride. First time with the ride photo.

PPPirates.jpeg

I’m glad someone knew where to look for the camera.

Our next FP was for Mine Train. We headed in that direction, but since we were close to the Dole Whip stand, we stopped there for a quick treat.

IMG_1965.jpg

MMMMM!

Mine! Mine! Mine!

DSCF2847.jpg

DSCF2849.jpg

DSCF2851.jpg

DSCF2852.jpg

PPMine.jpeg

PPMine3.jpeg

At some point along the way, we lost ~Ninjamom. She may have gone back to the resort to get ready for the Halloween party.

We saw this sweet ride

DSCF2854.jpg

And took a chill ride of our own:

DSCF2856.jpg

Lookie, Janet and I have matching shoes!

DSCF2864.jpg

DSCF2866.jpg

DSCF2874.jpg

Our final attraction was Buzz. Now, Janet and Nannette both have competitive streaks. They rode together to battle it out, so that gave me the opportunity to ride alone.

DSCF2880.jpg

DSCF2881.jpg

And…

DSCF2887.jpg

It's kind of hard to tell, but Janet took this round.

PPBuzz.jpeg

PPBuzzDee.jpeg

The face you make when you spend more time taking pictures than playing the game.

Although defeated by the game, I was thrilled at the magical morning at MK with my buddies.

It was around 1 pm. We hadn’t had much to eat since breakfast, so finding food was the next priority for Nannette, Janet and me.

Next up: Food & Wine

Last edited:

You have had some days start (understandably) at EXTREMELY Stupid O'clock!

So very true! Wedding Day morning (can I even call it morning) started somewhere around Absurb O'Clock, almost early enough to be Laughable O'Clock!

Awww! I'm glad to hear that he is being "trained" to stop for photos.

:goodvibes

:laughing:

We had a few Fast Passes scheduled that morning:

9:15-10:15 Big Thunder Mountain

10:40-11:40 Pirates of the Caribbean (Possible time overlap with Teena)

11:45-12:45 Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

Excellent choices!

All the expressions in this photo are priceless!!

My group was ready to move along, but I have No Egrets about stopping for a few pictures of this cutie.

From Heron in, I won’t hesitate to break for birds.

:rotfl: You're on a roll!

Of course, if there are no pictures, it didn’t happen!

DSCF2805.jpg

Nice! Surprise Dismeet! Her face paint is awesome! I'd like to get this done someday. :goodvibes

DSCF2856.jpg

Lookie, Janet and I have matching shoes!

Love this! Matchy required People mover shoe photo!

Great pictures of HM your PP pic is cute
Love BTMRR and PoTC wonder how it looks post renovation
Cool you had more DIS meets :thumbsup2
7DMT is my favorite but I never know where or when to look :confused3

But first up was a visit to Janet’s favorite:

Mine too! Smart girl, that Janet.

Shooting the tombstones, I'm betting.

After the ride, I took a couple of my favorite (non-friend) pictures of the trip:

Gee, he's just doing his job.
Just because he's a PP photographer doesn't mean you have to non-friend him

We also stopped for a couple of photopass pictures.

Oh, sure.
You'll non-friend him and then use him.

You're a monster!

:lmao:

my favorite MK ride.

DSCF2803.jpg

It's no my #1. HM holds that spot. But...
There's a few rides that I really like in WDW. This one could very well be my 2nd favourite, though.

Oh, Lord... :sad2:

Nice shot!

I was pleased with the results from this little nature photoshoot.

You should be!

From Heron in, I won’t hesitate to break for birds.

:faint:

OMG! Ben is missing! I looked all around the room and didn’t see him. My heart started racing.

Then I looked down. I was holding Ben.

:laughing: Whoops!

I was a lot less stressed going in this time around.

Not having to count adults?

It was ok. I’m glad we did it. Don’t know that I will be rushing back to see it for several more years, though.

Same way I feel about it. Did it a few years ago... and am happy to wait several more.

I was standing next to Sue in the passageway, waiting for the rest of our group to finish up, when all of a sudden she jumped in front of a woman on an electric scooter.

She asked the rider “Do I know you?” or said “I think I know you!” or something like that.

Oh, hey! Nice! I don't know if I'd recognize her. I'm so used to seeing her avatar picture with the face paint.

DSCF2805.jpg

Okay... that is pretty good. ::yes::

Since we couldn’t take a voyage with pirates yet, we decided to go to a hoe-down with bears.

Always up for a hoe-down.

I spent a lot of the show taking pictures.

Nice ones too!

~Ninjamom asked if anyone wanted popcorn and we all said no. So naturally, she disappeared and came back with this:

DSCF2815.jpg

Well... yeah. Because you can't resist that stuff. It's like crack.

Despite our protests, we made a pretty good dent.

See? Toldja.

Did not know about this. Huh.

PPPirates.jpeg

I’m glad someone knew where to look for the camera.

Our next FP was for Mine Train. We headed in that direction, but since we were close to the Dole Whip stand, we stopped there for a quick treat.

I SHOULD HOPE SO!

Got the float. Good girl.

Mine! Mine! Mine!

::yes::

"Can I have a taste of your..."
"No! Back off! Get your own!"

At some point along the way, we lost ~Ninjamom. She may have gone back to the resort to get ready for the Halloween party.

Or alien abduction.

Probably that.

Holy crap. That's.... pretty impressive.
And not at all over the top.

:rolleyes2

Obligatory foot shot. ::yes::

:rotfl:

All caught up!

What a fun photopass photographer you had! I love when people enjoy their jobs.

I love my family, but there is something really special about a trip with friends. Good friends are such a treasure.

Has Ninja ever done a trip report? I would like to see some of her photos.

Second breakfast is always a good idea. As a matter of fact, I have a second breakfast every week day. I wake up between 5-5:15 to work out, get ready for work, first breakfast at 6:45, second breakfast at 9:45, during my prep time. I would never make it to my lunch at 12:30 without my second breakfast. I don't understand people who don't eat even one breakfast. Of course, I'm that teacher with the Costco sized box of granola bars for my students who haven't had anything to eat.

Cool pictures of the egret!

I don't think I've been to the Tiki Room since 1990, when my girls were young. I should revisit it.

How fun to have an impromptu DisMeet!

I love Country Bear Jamboree! My family doesn't share the love and I've been known to go there by myself.

I'm sorry to hear you're about to be hit with another nor'easter. We haven't gotten anywhere near the amount of snow here in the Chicago area like you've gotten, but I am so ready for spring!

So very true! Wedding Day morning (can I even call it morning) started somewhere around Absurb O'Clock, almost early enough to be Laughable O'Clock!

:faint:

Excellent choices!

I thought so!

All the expressions in this photo are priceless!!

We aim to please.

:rotfl: You're on a roll!

You really shouldn't encourage me!

Nice! Surprise Dismeet! Her face paint is awesome! I'd like to get this done someday. :goodvibes

I'm so glad Sue recognized her! I had chatted with her a couple of times on the boards and off-line, so it was nice to meet in person.

Love this! Matchy required People mover shoe photo!

::yes:: ::yes::

Great pictures of HM your PP pic is cute
Love BTMRR and PoTC wonder how it looks post renovation
Cool you had more DIS meets :thumbsup2
7DMT is my favorite but I never know where or when to look :confused3

Thank you!

I haven't seen the new Pirates set up. I bet people are still chanting "We Wants The Redhead!" as they go past.

It's always exciting to have an unexpected DIS meet.

I'm glad it is not just me that's clueless about where the camera is. I don't really know where it is on most rides. Yeti and Dinosaur, and that might be it. I had to hold that pose on Buzz for a long time because I didn't know which flash at the end was the camera.

:rotfl2:

That's the way You Aitch, Aitch You Aitch You Aitch, Aitch You Aitch I like it.

That's the aitch, uh huh, uh huh, I like it.

What did you think of the party- Love, Like, Meh?

Love!
Always been a huge Halloween fan, since I was little.

That should be a short (and probably boring) conversation.

Oh, goodness no. I'd make stuff up. Like that time you rode an elephant at the zoo and you coaxed it into stampeding and wrecked the sheriff's car? (But you did not wreck the deputy's.)

Love!
Always been a huge Halloween fan, since I was little.

I love Halloween as well. The party was just a "like" for me, but that was due to some not great decisions like a poor viewing spot for the parade.

Loved Hallowishes! fireworks.

:hmghost:

Oh, goodness no. I'd make stuff up. Like that time you rode an elephant at the zoo and you coaxed it into stampeding and wrecked the sheriff's car? (But you did not wreck the deputy's.)

I swear it was in self-defense!

BTW- ~Ninja makes stuff up too. She has been known to embellish a story or two and sometimes writes trip report chapters for me when I do not post quickly enough.

:eek:

I love Halloween as well. The party was just a "like" for me, but that was due to some not great decisions like a poor viewing spot for the parade.

Then just watch the second one. Not as many people there for the second one. Voice of experience here.

Loved Hallowishes! fireworks.

I swear it was in self-defense!

Still a capital offense.

BTW- ~Ninja makes stuff up too. She has been known to embellish a story or two and sometimes writes trip report chapters for me when I do not post quickly enough.

Nice pics from BTMRR!

Funny story about "losing" Ben! It's like when you think you've lost your glasses but they are just sitting on top of your head!

That picture of you with your dole whip is perfect!!

What a great morning, you all got on a lot of great rides!!

I needed a little bit of disney magic today so thank you for providing it :)
Love all the dismeets and photos as well as the tales of losing (or not) of small children:rotfl:
Your nature photography and accompanying puns added to my enjoyment but my favorite photo of all is the one of you on Buzz Lightyear and the fact that you had to hold the pose for a wee while made me lol:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Mine too! Smart girl, that Janet.

She is, indeed!

Shooting the tombstones, I'm betting.

Yup!

Gee, he's just doing his job.
Just because he's a PP photographer doesn't mean you have to non-friend him

I knew there was going to be some trouble with that phrasing. I didn't think it would be nice to say that one of my favorite photos of the trip was one that didn't include my friends. I didn't want to seem like a monster!

Oh, sure.
You'll non-friend him and then use him.

You're a monster!

:blush:

Scary expressions.

It's no my #1. HM holds that spot. But...
There's a few rides that I really like in WDW. This one could very well be my 2nd favourite, though.

Hard to choose just one favourite.

Oh, Lord... :sad2:

Nice shot!

Thanks!

You should be!

Thanks, again!

Tern it off! Tern it off!

missing cat.jpg

Not having to count adults?

No. Not caring if one of them went missing.

I know. I'm a monster.

Same way I feel about it. Did it a few years ago... and am happy to wait several more.

I did sing along with the birds, though. I danced a little, too.

Okay... that is pretty good. ::yes::

:worship:

Always up for a hoe-down.

I was down for that.

Nice ones too!

Thanks!

Well... yeah. Because you can't resist that stuff. It's like crack.

See? Toldja.

popcorn::

Did not know about this. Huh.

The Great Moments in American History is kinda-sorta new- October 2016. The version we watched was the Midnight Ride of Paul Revere and there is also one about the Declaration of Independence.

Must learn where ride photo cameras are. Smoke screen?

I SHOULD HOPE SO!

Got the float. Good girl.

"Can I have a taste of your..."
"No! Back off! Get your own!"

^^^ Sounds like you are whipped. Me, too!

Or alien abduction.

Probably that.

Probably. But after a thorough probing, they sent her back.

Holy crap. That's.... pretty impressive.
And not at all over the top.

:rolleyes2

Just need the adult stroller-carriage now.

Obligatory foot shot. ::yes::

Absolutely! They toss you off if you don't do that!

Again, need to learn where the ride camera is. Had to hold the pose for the entire ride.

All caught up!

What a fun photopass photographer you had! I love when people enjoy their jobs.

I love my family, but there is something really special about a trip with friends. Good friends are such a treasure.

Has Ninja ever done a trip report? I would like to see some of her photos.

Second breakfast is always a good idea. As a matter of fact, I have a second breakfast every week day. I wake up between 5-5:15 to work out, get ready for work, first breakfast at 6:45, second breakfast at 9:45, during my prep time. I would never make it to my lunch at 12:30 without my second breakfast. I don't understand people who don't eat even one breakfast. Of course, I'm that teacher with the Costco sized box of granola bars for my students who haven't had anything to eat.

Cool pictures of the egret!

I don't think I've been to the Tiki Room since 1990, when my girls were young. I should revisit it.

How fun to have an impromptu DisMeet!

I love Country Bear Jamboree! My family doesn't share the love and I've been known to go there by myself.

I'm sorry to hear you're about to be hit with another nor'easter. We haven't gotten anywhere near the amount of snow here in the Chicago area like you've gotten, but I am so ready for spring!

Thanks for reading and getting caught up.

We had some really great photopass photographers on this trip! It should be a fun job to have, but I'm sure there are some guests who push their buttons.

I really cherish the trips I have had with my friends. Such incredible memories!

@Ninja Mom has not done a full trip report. She has posted some hilarious stories on the Beach Club FAQ thread (Guide to WDW Restrooms) and she has added a couple of trip report chapters to my reports when I don't post quickly enough.

Her pictures are impressive, she could probably be persuaded to post one or two here.

Same here on breakfast. I need to have something to eat on a regular basis, otherwise I get hangry. My second breakfast is for your own good!

I love the birds of the MK- speaking of which- the real birds are more interesting than the Tiki birds. About once in a decade is about right for that attraction.

I'm glad we went to see the Country Bear Jamboree.

Washington, NJ and NY were really hit hardest with this recent storm. It was hyped as the 4th nor'easter in about a month, but it was really a bust around here. We got about an inch of snow, maybe two, but it melted off our driveway before we needed to shovel.

Noreaster March 21 2018.jpg

:cold:

Nice pics from BTMRR!

Funny story about "losing" Ben! It's like when you think you've lost your glasses but they are just sitting on top of your head!

That picture of you with your dole whip is perfect!!

What a great morning, you all got on a lot of great rides!!

Thanks! I love taking pictures on Big Thunder. I wish the one with the castle and Space Mountain didn't have the sun-glare.

That is exactly what losing Ben was like. I never make fun of anyone who is looking for a pair of glasses that are perched on their head.

Dole whips are awesome!!!

I am really, really happy about everything we did that morning. Really goes to show the impact the Halloween party has on crowds the days they are scheduled.

:hmghost:

I needed a little bit of disney magic today so thank you for providing it :)
Love all the dismeets and photos as well as the tales of losing (or not) of small children:rotfl:
Your nature photography and accompanying puns added to my enjoyment but my favorite photo of all is the one of you on Buzz Lightyear and the fact that you had to hold the pose for a wee while made me lol:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Always glad to provide some Disney magic.

I can appreciate needing some Disney magic. I have hit the wall this morning. (A silly, expensive, unnecessary spirit-sapping wall). Fortunately, I am headed off to work in about an hour and get to hang out with my preschool buddies and awesome furry farm friends.

I'm glad I could share my story about "losing" Ben and the Buzz Lightyear photo. Both make me smile, at my own expense.

:lmao:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter