To a galaxy far far away: March, no wait April, no wait...May 2020 PTR

VandVsmama

DIS Veteran
All of the schools in AZ are now going to be closed through 4/10, so we are planning on NOT going to DL over Easter weekend. We are now targeting for May instead!

VandVsmama

DIS Veteran
We're now looking at 3 possible weekends:

Thurs 5/14 - Sun 5/17 - we'd go to DL on Fri & Sat with Th & Sun being travel days
Memorial Day weekend - travel day Fri, at DL on Sat & Sun, travel day Mon
Fri 5/29 - Tues 6/2 - travel day Fri, at DL on Sat, rest Sun, at DL Mon, travel day Tues

I've made some ADRs for the 1st 2 weekends listed, along with a Savi's Workshop reservation. When ADRs open up for the 3rd weekend, I'll make some backup ADRs for that time frame, too.

Then we will just play it by ear based on how the corona virus situation plays itself out. DH said this morning, "Even if DL re-opens in April, no way do I want to be in CA right after DL re-opens."

• VandVsmama

DIS Veteran
    Well, we've decided to give it a go and try for a week in southern CA at the end of June & into 4th of July. We've booked a hotel for 3 nights in San Diego near relatives from Fri 6/26 - Mon 6/29. And then we'll check into the BW Stovall's on Mon 6/29, checking out on Thurs, 7/2.

We have dinner reservations at Napa Rose for Wed 7/1. Even if DL isn't open, I REALLY hope that we can go to dinner there that evening! It'll be our 25th wedding anniversary.

We stayed at BW Stovall's a few years ago and enjoyed our stay there. It was very clean! And we liked having 2 pools to use there.

theluckyrabbit

How were you able to get reservations at NR? Are the online books available now for July? Pixie dust and fingers crossed that your anniversary trip and dinner happen without any glitches!

VandVsmama

DIS Veteran
    How were you able to get reservations at NR? Are the online books available now for July? Pixie dust and fingers crossed that your anniversary trip and dinner happen without any glitches!
    I made the reservation a couple of weeks ago. But now when you go on the DL website, you can't make any reservations at all!

• theluckyrabbit

I made the reservation a couple of weeks ago. But now when you go on the DL website, you can't make any reservations at all!
    Thank you for clarifying -- people on the trip planning board have been asking about this, so it helps to know that the books are actually closed and that we're not just losing our Disney skillz here!

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.