To Certain of Our Fort Friends

I have a supply of cheese for your whine after the college championship game.

Rusty, you must truly be feeling well. You're showing your old spunk again. That's another good sign.

If you lose a nattie, it means at least you were in a nattie. ::yes:: Clemson had a great game plan against Bama.

Can't win 'em all. :confused3

Thanks for your continued interest in the Tide. :teeth:

Bama Ed

PS - given your renewed interest, I hope you can attend the spring game with me in April. :woohoo:

Ouch!

I was staying clear of this, but since the Scupper started it.

All I'll say is Clemson clearly came out to play and seeming caught the 'Tide off guard. By the time Alabama recovered, the cast was set.

j

Oh, hey, nobody has to hold back, Jim. Give me yer best shot! :banana:

Nothing is 100% in this world - that's why they play the game.

Course, it's a Bama boy (Dabo) leading the team on the other sideline which takes the animus out of the competitive spirit. But it's still a competition.

Rusty, just to let you know because of your deep interest and affection you've shown for the Tide, I've forwarded your contact information to my friends down the street at the Crimson Tide Foundation. You'll be hearing from them soon regarding the number of ways you can give to the program which brought you so much joy last night.

http://crimsontidefoundation.org/

Anybody up for a re-re-re-rematch this time next year in NOLA?

Bama Ed

Last edited:

Well, Ed you are right. TRS must be feeling better. Haven't seen jabs like this out of him in a while.

It was, as best as I can recall, the worst man-handling I think I've seen a Crimson Tide team take since Saban came there in 2007. I will take nothing away from Clemson, they showed up, Bama didn't. We got outplayed and outcoached. Period.

However, today is new day. Cannot win them all, but at least we made it there. With Alabama, it has seemed in the past that they play their best after a letdown. Just like after they lost to Clemson in 2016 and Ole Miss in 2012 and 2013. Seemed to set them off. Keeps the bandwagon fans down as well, which to me is the most likeable thing about the loss.

At least we got beat by a Bama boy. A classy one at that.

Well, Ed you are right. TRS must be feeling better. Haven't seen jabs like this out of him in a while.

It was, as best as I can recall, the worst man-handling I think I've seen a Crimson Tide team take since Saban came there in 2007.

Well, at least since the 2010 South Carolina game when Stephen Garcia went off on us looking like Joe Montana....

as a Bears fan, I can truly feel your pain.
I don't have a dog in the football fight anymore since the Rams bailed. But being from StL and having a genuine dislike for the Cubs and Blackhawks, I almost felt a little bad for 'da Bears, given the season they had.

Go Cards!

I will take nothing away from Clemson, they showed up, Bama didn't. We got outplayed and outcoached. Period.
Michael summed it up well. Any idea what happened? I have sort of followed 'bama and the SEC for the last couple of years and that game was completely out of character.

j

Michael summed it up well. Any idea what happened? I have sort of followed 'bama and the SEC for the last couple of years and that game was completely out of character.

j

IMO Clemson (which was the best team we'd faced all year and visa versa) made changes to their defense to pick up the parts that Georgia and Oklahoma found successful against Bama. Those three possessions we had in the 3rd quarter, each one that got down into the red zone, netted Bama zero points. Couple that with two turnovers and we simply weren't able to score enough points (duh). And their QB is a baller - dude has a nice touch and good eye.

So good game, Clemson.

IMO Clemson made changes to their defense to pick up the parts that Georgia and Oklahoma found successful against Bama.
Lawrence really was impressive. The turnovers in the first half set 'Bama back, but they never really seemed to recover. Lawrence was on cruise though. I hadn't seen the Alabama defense look that bad, series after series. By the end of the 3rd quarter, it seemed like the whole Alabama team just gave up.

Oh well, maybe Missouri will do something in the SEC next season. :-) We will at least have a new QB.

j

I'm proud for the boys on Clemson's team, and I love Coach Dabo because he's part of Alabama. I'm sad for our team because winning 14 and losing the final one has got to be super hard. I'm sure the TIDE will come out ready to kick butt and take names next year. RTR, Beth

Just kidding, but...
181c2d23d40335c2b488592474853e72.jpg

Poor Rusty.

He's still waiting for someone to whine. Bless his heart, I can see him now ...

giphy.gif

Maybe he expected Bama fans to react like B1G fans do.

In fact, the B1G lost three out of four bowl games to the SEC as Florida beat Coach Khaki Pants, the new football power Kentucky defeated Penn State, and the University of Auburn trounced Purdue. Only Mississippi State lost to Ioway.

Poor Rusty. Won't somebody throw him a bone?

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Poor Rusty.

He's still waiting for someone to whine. Bless his heart, I can see him now ...

giphy.gif

In fact, the B1G lost three out of four games to the SEC as Florida beat Coach Khaki Pants, the new football power Kentucky defeated Penn State, and the University of Auburn trounced Purdue. Only Mississippi State lost to Ioway.

Poor Rusty. Won't somebody throw him a bone?

Bama Ed

Sorry, I'm not a bone thrower.

Bricks? Now I can lob a brick pretty well...

What? No Bill Curry fans?

Now hold on there....not all of us B1G people are whiners like the ones you listed, lol, and yes the ones you listed are a bunch of whiney little twerps. Hopefully we are coming back to prominence in the future after 15 years of AD's and Presidents trying to ruin a program.

Now hold on there....not all of us B1G people are whiners like the ones you listed, lol, and yes the ones you listed are a bunch of whiney little twerps. Hopefully we are coming back to prominence in the future after 15 years of AD's and Presidents trying to ruin a program.

True, that, rajak73. You Nebraska Cornhusker fans are a pretty classy bunch (still relative newcomers to the B1G too - I have to mentally double clutch to remember what league you're in now). You've endured a lot of just bad years. Having grown up in Ohio, I am pretty familiar with those teams I mentioned in the Michigan-Ohio-Pennsylvania swath of real estate.

You Huskers are off the hook.

Bama Ed

The SEC will trade you Mississippi State for Nebraska.

I think Nebraska made a good hire. Let's hope it works out better than some of BAMA's nepotism worked out. I'm(mostly) joking, but we've had some great alums who didn't succeed as coaches for the Tide. Hopefully yours will; he definitely has a great track record.

The SEC will trade you Mississippi State for Nebraska.

Give us a year or two to get some talent back again and maybe we can push for that. Maybe we could move the football to one league and keep the volleyball team in the B1G? I hope he's a good hire, saw some things this year that I really liked that we didn't have before. The running back Ozigbo, didn't hardly play last year for Riley, I think they didn't get along, the top running back last year left the program. Frost put 2 players in the hospital early in weight workouts because they were that bad, he said it was nothing that he hadn't did at UCF and they didn't have a problem, just showed you how bad we really were at conditioning.

I lived in Omaha for a few years, 72-74 and I thought the Big Red fans were the most rabid fans around, back in the TO years, GO BIG RED. Then I was a PM when our company installed a new line at the Michelin plant in Tuscaloosa, holy cow that's a different level of fandom! Half the men we hired were local, by then I was in Illinois, so they agreed the Fight'n Illini was more of a jr. college program. I couldn't argue

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter