To Infinity and Beyond - Becoming a Better DopeyBadger (Comments Welcome)

152%20in%20tow.JPG

This is the 1985 guy, John Howard. Think you can find a streamline vehicle to pull you for a while and then let you go at the starting line???

I believe it must stand for the number of seconds under your goal you will be. 152 seconds would put you 2:57:28 while 1min 52 sec would put you at 2:58:08 and 1.52 seconds would have you at 2:59:58.48 which is pretty much what I guessed for your finish time if I remember correctly so it must be that one.

152%20in%20tow.JPG

This is the 1985 guy, John Howard. Think you can find a streamline vehicle to pull you for a while and then let you go at the starting line???

Something tells me I'd get DQ'd. They already mentioned my headphones at the last Lakefront, but I wasn't going for podium.

I believe it must stand for the number of seconds under your goal you will be. 152 seconds would put you 2:57:28 while 1min 52 sec would put you at 2:58:08 and 1.52 seconds would have you at 2:59:58.48 which is pretty much what I guessed for your finish time if I remember correctly so it must be that one.

I like this one.

How much too fast? On each interval or just a specific one?

Is the left hip a new thing or something you've dealt with in the past? Any thoughts on why? Stretching differences, imbalance in items in left hand vs right hand, old shoes, cambered roads, etc.

The right knee is a usual injury. I did some icing and foam rolling and it was fine for the Thursday run. I think it is ok. For the left hip, it is definitely new and completely new to me. I have had other pain in my hip but different spot. Makes me think it is IT band and i can really get into it with my orb. Just not getting better but not getting worse. i will say i was doing hip exercises pretty regularly and the last couple weeks i had kind of neglected it. I wonder if that was the case. i have started doing them again. These are exercises i have gotten from various physical therapist. Again I was doing them to keep me strong have had issues in the past. I kind of slacked so trying to get back into it.

As far as being rough, it is really because my legs are tired. Of course the hip and knee worry me. Work has been really stressful and i don't think it will get better for another month. I am also worried about the run Sunday, now i am just getting into that paranoid state. i want it to be a good run and if its not i will be worried about my chances at the end of the month. i know i have more time. I think if i complete the run Sunday i will be ok and more confident.

I've got my prediction: 2:58:13. I gave you a 6.3% increase since January's marathon, and then subtracted 10 seconds because you are a great coach. I think 6.3% is better than average improvement over 2 training cycles, and with your consistency and hitting your mark on Tempos, etc, it's not out of the question that you've improved that much.

You are more of an Alicorn than a Unicorn, though, because you own the Magic of Maths.

The right knee is a usual injury. I did some icing and foam rolling and it was fine for the Thursday run. I think it is ok. For the left hip, it is definitely new and completely new to me. I have had other pain in my hip but different spot. Makes me think it is IT band and i can really get into it with my orb. Just not getting better but not getting worse. i will say i was doing hip exercises pretty regularly and the last couple weeks i had kind of neglected it. I wonder if that was the case. i have started doing them again. These are exercises i have gotten from various physical therapist. Again I was doing them to keep me strong have had issues in the past. I kind of slacked so trying to get back into it.

Sounds like it's time to get back into those exercises.

As far as being rough, it is really because my legs are tired. Of course the hip and knee worry me. Work has been really stressful and i don't think it will get better for another month. I am also worried about the run Sunday, now i am just getting into that paranoid state. i want it to be a good run and if its not i will be worried about my chances at the end of the month. i know i have more time. I think if i complete the run Sunday i will be ok and more confident.

Eating and sleeping enough? Just remember that no one runs defines the training. Bad runs will happen from time to time, but just remember not to press the issue. Think big picture. So if your body says I need a rest day, then take a rest day.

I've got my prediction: 2:58:13.

Done!

I gave you a 6.3% increase since January's marathon, and then subtracted 10 seconds because you are a great coach. I think 6.3% is better than average improvement over 2 training cycles, and with your consistency and hitting your mark on Tempos, etc, it's not out of the question that you've improved that much.

6.3% would be a fantastic improvement. I see it as:

Bib # of 152
1+5 = 6
1+2 = 3
Improvement = 6.3%

:teacher:

Lakefront 2015 to Lakefront 2016 was a 6.9% improvement.

You are more of an Alicorn than a Unicorn, though, because you own the Magic of Maths.

tumblr_inline_ni292ucGRj1riomcm.gif

I've got my prediction: 2:58:13. I gave you a 6.3% increase since January's marathon, and then subtracted 10 seconds because you are a great coach. I think 6.3% is better than average improvement over 2 training cycles, and with your consistency and hitting your mark on Tempos, etc, it's not out of the question that you've improved that much.

Haha Billy will need a math based cutie mark!!

Weather Watch has started!

START - Grafton, WI at 7:30am

View attachment 271429

T+D of 94, no clouds, and 5 mph tailwind (as of 8:45am this dropped to 90)
I was wondering if this was the race that started in Grafton. That's where my in-laws live and we happened to be visiting a few years ago on race weekend. They asked if I was ever going to run that race but it was back when I was never ever running another marathon.
Anyway, best of luck. No prediction from me but remember whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right.

Haha Billy will need a math based cutie mark!!

latest

I was wondering if this was the race that started in Grafton. That's where my in-laws live and we happened to be visiting a few years ago on race weekend. They asked if I was ever going to run that race but it was back when I was never ever running another marathon.

If you ever choose to do a marathon in WI, it's by far the best one from a race experience. Better than Madison and Kenosha.

Anyway, best of luck. No prediction from me but remember whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right.

Truer words have never been spoken.

Weather Watch

START - Grafton, WI at 7:30am

9/22 - T+D of 94, no clouds, and 5 mph tailwind (as of 8:45am this dropped to 90). Accuweather actually has it as T+D of no higher than 80 (at the start) and increasing clouds.

Screen Shot 2017-09-23 at 7.42.58 AM.png

T+D of 88, partly sunny, 5mph tailwind. Accuweather has the T+D no higher than 82 at the start.

FINISH - Milwaukee, WI at ~10:30am

9/22 - T+D of 108, no clouds, 11 mph tailwind (as of 8:45am this dropped to 103).

Screen Shot 2017-09-23 at 7.43.55 AM.png

T+D of 103, partly sunny, 8 mph tailwind

@pixarmom Noon weather

Screen Shot 2017-09-23 at 7.44.07 AM.png

T+D of 106, partly sunny, 10 mph headwind

Seems like a promising weather forecast! Expecting a cool down this week as well for us so hoping I also have good weather for our race.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!