To Infinity and Beyond - Becoming a Better DopeyBadger (Comments Welcome)

I have not ruled out a second marathon. I just want to know what I'm getting myself into before I register for a second.
I am right there with you. I always told @SarahDisney my basis for signing up for the NYC Marathon was that I had to actually enjoy the distance first, so the jury is still out until after WDW. It took me 3 years to run another half marathon after I ran my first one, soooo....

I am right there with you. I always told @SarahDisney my basis for signing up for the NYC Marathon was that I had to actually enjoy the distance first, so the jury is still out until after WDW. It took me 3 years to run another half marathon after I ran my first one, soooo....

But you didn't have me peer pressuring you then...

For the record, my original plan was to get the guaranteed entry for NYC, but only use it if I didn't hate Disney. But *life/family stuff* I don't know that that's an option anymore, I may have to run NYC whether I hate marathons or not. So I'm trying to peer pressure as many people as possible into doing it.

November is an excellent time to visit NYC. And we can discuss this further on January 14th.
We'll add it to the list along with my Bullwinkle J. Moose impression.

I was about 2 1/2 years between my 3rd half and my 4th half. I was burned out on running after half #3, so decided to take time off that wound up stretching due to a work exam that took up my spare time.

But you didn't have me peer pressuring you then...

For the record, my original plan was to get the guaranteed entry for NYC, but only use it if I didn't hate Disney. But *life/family stuff* I don't know that that's an option anymore, I may have to run NYC whether I hate marathons or not. So I'm trying to peer pressure as many people as possible into doing it.

How does one get guaranteed entry into NYC without a qualifying time or fundraising?

How does one get guaranteed entry into NYC without a qualifying time or fundraising?

There's a program for New York Road Runners members (which I am one) where you can run 9 qualifying NYRR race and do one volunteer experience and that guarantees you entry into the following year's marathon - https://www.nyrr.org/join-and-give/become-a-member/run-9-give-1
It's pretty hard to do if you're outside NY, but for people within easy commuting distance to Central Park (which is where most of their races are), it's a good program.

There's a program for New York Road Runners members (which I am one) where you can run 9 qualifying NYRR race and do one volunteer experience and that guarantees you entry into the following year's marathon - https://www.nyrr.org/join-and-give/become-a-member/run-9-give-1
It's pretty hard to do if you're outside NY, but for people within easy commuting distance to Central Park (which is where most of their races are), it's a good program.
Yeah someone on my running team/group did that to get in but she is in the area.

I would probably have to fundraise or maybe do that virtual race thing if they continue it.

I love everyone planning future marathons while I'm out here saying I will not register for a second marathon until after I've done my first, which I am registered for.

I went with this approach, but in the end I fell to the pressure and excitement and I ended up registering for my second marathon (Chicago 2017) before I ran my first (Disney 2017). I couldn't help myself. 1 major down, 5 to go.

Just wrapped up training plan #250! A total of 146 plans written from September 11th, 2017 to September 18th, 2018. There are currently 48 active people using one of my plans. Since the beginning, 113 unique runners have used one of my plans. A total of 62% of those runners chose to use a second plan. A total of 12 people are on their first plan. Exciting stuff! Just starting to enter the Fall racing season! You guys are keeping me busy!

Just wrapped up training plan #250! A total of 146 plans written from September 11th, 2017 to September 18th, 2018. There are currently 48 active people using one of my plans. Since the beginning, 113 unique runners have used one of my plans. A total of 62% of those runners chose to use a second plan. A total of 12 people are on their first plan. Exciting stuff! Just starting to enter the Fall racing season! You guys are keeping me busy!

I see a plot in there.
Follow up questions: Does that 250 count your own plans? What percent of the plans belong to DisBoarders?

+1, literally.

49. I'm replaying my plan from last year.

Don't worry I got you counted in the 48. :P There might be some others out there that I know are re-using so they're in there too. I technically counted you as a repeat as well given you are repeating.

Do I count as an active user? Because I do consider myself to be on a DopeyBadger(TM) Plan, even though I wrote it myself.
(So if you weren't counting me, that's another +1 because I count me and that's all that matters)

Don't worry you're in there too. :D

I’m plotting a dramatic redemption race in the coming months but was planning on just using the last weeks of a previous plan because I don’t want to bug you during Chicago prep. So I guess you can count that too.

I’m plotting a dramatic redemption race in the coming months but was planning on just using the last weeks of a previous plan because I don’t want to bug you during Chicago prep. So I guess you can count that too.

:rotfl2:

Ok you got me there, I didn't account for that one. BTW, bug away. I'll always get my bike/run/family/work time in first and handle the training plan stuff in my free time.

The heart she drew on your shoe is too cute! You should be running on air with those shoes! :)

How could I not, right? I told her she'd be "running with me" and she got all excited. Tried to explain to her that meant running with me in spirit on the shoes. She did tell me about a Zombie 1 mile race coming up in late October. She told me she'll protect me because Zombies aren't real. So we'll probably do that one together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!