• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

to PS or not to PS, that is the question

chop456

DIS Veteran
I have made a few PS's for my upcoming trip - mostly Character dining locations. I am just unsure if I want or should fill each day with PS's. What do you all suggest - PS or not?

I'm doing one PS per day for our trip, most of them are character meals, with the exception of the Fantasmic dinner package. That way we get to eat where we want to, but are only tied down once a day.

If you think you want to have sit down meals (especially at some of the more popular restaurants), you should definitely do a PS, just so you have something to rely on. You can always cancel later, but (in my mind) there is nothing worse than not having a PS and finding hour long waits at every restaurant you want to go to.

We also do one PS/day, and we mix those up a bit between lunch & dinner. We figure on days that we eat a big lunch, a counter-service or less crowded restaurant will suffice at dinner (and we ride rides while other people are eating dinner).

This way we know we'll get to eat at least one meal at a restaurant of our choosing. If your PS's don't fall in line with your actual plans, just cancel.

I generally follow the above posters advice in that I usually make at least one PS per day. I have had up to 2 PS' in one day (usually when switching parks mid day ) one for early lunch (in one park) and another for dinner (in another park). I found out in my last few trips of 8 days or more that I had at least 4 days where I had 2 ressie's per day. Out of those 4 days, there were two that I managed to make both ressie's that day and 2 that I only made it to one ressie each day and ended up not showing for the other ressie. Most of the times that I ended up not making the 2nd ressie is because I was having a lot of fun and didn't want to interrupt the feeling so out went the ressie's.

I also like to make mostly lunch ressie's as you can get out the mid day heat/sun for a nice break (no matter what time of year you make it there). It is also generally cheaper than eating dinner. I make dinner ressie's usually for Fantasmic dinner package and like to eat before Illuminations so that I can just walk out of a restaurant a few minutes before the show begins.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter