To the mods...a ?

Butterfly123

DIS Veteran
Hi mods, I was wondering if it would be possible to have someone put together a stickie with a full “how to” discussion on all things maxpass? It would be great to have one place to go to get the basics...it’s hard to search for information as there are so many threads with very specific maxpass questions. I’d love to know things like the best way to utilize maxpass to get the most out of it.
I realize I’m asking someone to do something time consuming, but I thought it couldn’t hurt to make the request!! I know there must be some real maxpass pros here on the Dis. :disrocks:

Honestly, the Disneyland Daily page on Fastpass/Maxpass is an excellent overview, complete with videos (there are a couple of incorrect points, like she misses the "15 minutes later" grace period after your FP window ends, but it's informative, organized, has visuals, etc.).

As for how to best utilize it, people have differing opinions about that...

... As for how to best utilize it, people have differing opinions about that...
This is so true! For some people, this means how to get the most FPs in a single day. For others, it means how to score FPs to the one or two rides they like best, forget the other rides. We know a family that uses MP for one ride per visit -- that's it -- but that's "the best way" MP works for them. It really is a matter of trial and error and practice and getting the hang of it and having a feel for the crowd situation on a particular day, etc. Just jump in and use MP -- you'll learn how it works and how it works best for you!

Hi mods, I was wondering if it would be possible to have someone put together a stickie with a full “how to” discussion on all things maxpass? It would be great to have one place to go to get the basics...it’s hard to search for information as there are so many threads with very specific maxpass questions. I’d love to know things like the best way to utilize maxpass to get the most out of it.
I realize I’m asking someone to do something time consuming, but I thought it couldn’t hurt to make the request!! I know there must be some real maxpass pros here on the Dis. :disrocks:

By the way, we could add those great videos as well. Those are very helpful.

Just a thought here: if you have the time, this might be something you'd like to put together! You'd be coming at it from the point of view of someone who isn't a MP expert, which is exactly what might be needed here. There are other DISers (not mods) who've put together excellent resource threads on their own, e.g. the World of Color Superthread by Hydroguy, which have helped so many of us here. You know which threads and videos were the most helpful to you -- put them together when you have some time. If they helped you, they'll help someone else for certain!

Just a thought here: if you have the time, this might be something you'd like to put together! You'd be coming at it from the point of view of someone who isn't a MP expert, which is exactly what might be needed here. There are other DISers (not mods) who've put together excellent resource threads on their own, e.g. the World of Color Superthread by Hydroguy, which have helped so many of us here. You know which threads and videos were the most helpful to you -- put them together when you have some time. If they helped you, they'll help someone else for certain!

I’l be honest, I’m not very tech savvy...I still don’t know how to do multi quote replies to threads. And I feel very inadequate to tackle a topic I know nothing about. I do appreciate the fact that it’s a time commitment. Sorry if that came off as over-asking. I appreciate the time the mods and everyone else puts into this site. It has helped so much in my trip planning! :)

I’l be honest, I’m not very tech savvy...I still don’t know how to do multi quote replies to threads. And I feel very inadequate to tackle a topic I know nothing about. I do appreciate the fact that it’s a time commitment. Sorry if that came off as over-asking. I appreciate the time the mods and everyone else puts into this site. It has helped so much in my trip planning! :)

No problem, but sometimes different posters come up with great points of view on very practical subjects -- just like this one. There can be a big difference between how someone uses MP if they visit the parks on a weekly basis and how someone uses it for a yearly visit. Just like using it for the first time is totally different than using it for the 10th time -- you can have questions both times, but they'll be different questions. All points of view are valid, but can be quite different -- and one guest won't always ask the same questions as another. So it's good to bring it up here.

As someone who has posted more than one MaxPass related question recently (a HUGE thank you to everyone who has helped me so far!), I second this suggestion! There is some great information out there. But nothing I've seen answers all of the questions I have. One article might touch on one thing, while another article might touch on another. And trying to figure out exactly what combination of words to search for, in order to get to whatever article that addresses whatever specific question you have at any given time, can be frustrating. A place to go that has a variety of different questions asked/answered would be awesome! :lovestruc

Last edited:
Just a thought - many of such stickies are threads that were put together by a regular, random poster here (like you). If the information is good enough, it could be made into a sticky.

Mods don't typically do that kind of work here.

Maybe we could collectively come up with a post? For example, I've commented a lot on how to use MP. I could look up my posts and compile them into one. Then someone else could take that and add their knowledge. I would be happy to share what I know and have documented so far, but I won't have time to maintain and update a thread. We had AP's that ended in July (5 trips with MP) but we won't be back for a few years.

Mods don't typically do that kind of work here.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I have come to realize that.
My bad.

Editing to add...that was meant honestly, not snarky. Hope it didn’t come off wrong.

Editing again...I can’t even quote correctly. I really fail at all things technical. Sigh.

... I really fail at all things technical. Sigh.
You and me, both! Most of the things I actually know how to do around here were learned by accident or by trial and lots of error -- and then I forget how I did it in the first place!! Don't worry -- one of the good things about hanging around here is that you do eventually learn your way around the place. :) (And there is always someone nice to show you the ropes when you ask for help!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!