Today is a Disney kinda Day trip report!! day 1 and 2

Jayney73

Mouseketeer
Ok, here we go with Day 1 and 2!
We set off on Sun 25th July driving from Durham to Asford Kent Travelodge.
IMGP0027.jpg

Sat Nav lady did not let us down and we arrived about 3pm and checked straight in. Our two rooms were clean and perfect for a 1 night stop over.
We decided that in order to fill the time in until out crossing we would go and see TS 3 to get us in the mood for our trip. It was fab and several buckets of tears later ( on my part I must add!!) we all retired to bed, ready for our 1.15 am alarm call!!!!!!!

Our crossing was 2.45am and after checking in about 30mins before hand we were in France 35mins later. I have to say that the Eurotunnel is fab, much better for us then the ferry, we printed our own ticket to checkin and showed our passports to the nice French man in his booth and that was it. No travel sickness, just a bit of ear popping!!

We got to Disney at about 8am after an uneventful journey taking about 3hrs, once again thanks to the Sat Nav lady!!
After checkin in we sped to the park!!
First photos in the park....
dis1.jpg

IMGP0032.jpg

We just let Wil lead the way and he took us straight to Buzz whic had no queue
so we did it twice!!
dis2-1.jpg

Then on to Fantasy land to do Peter Pan, his fav last time we went whe he was 2!! I love this ride and again less than 1o mins wait. Wil then just excitedly ran around fantasy land with us following so we did the carousel and the tea cups!!

IMGP0038.jpg

Time for a quick look around fantasyland.....Dumbo looked beautiful..

dis3-Copy.jpg

A quickie of the castle....
IMGP0042.jpg

Then down to Frontireland entrance for BTM.
We tried he liberty arcade and found no cm there. I bumped into Lynette here and after a to quick hello we went to round up our families...mine had been lured into the Arcade shops at this point!! We later discovered that the liberty arcade entrance is manned but at the last possible point, i.e. 10 seconds before rope drop!! we got fast passes and went and did pirates and Indy then came back...
IMGP0043.jpg

We went to Main St to Caseys next for some lunch at 10.45.....the 2.45 crossing was catching us up!! We love Caseys and this meal was hot filled the spot, Hotdogs and fries, with fast and friendly service too!
IMGP0048.jpg

Just as we finished we spotted this comin down the street....
IMGP0046.jpg

IMGP0047.jpg

I loved this train and the music is far to catchy!! Wil got his first high fives from some of the characters!
We did Star Tours and then when to go and get our cabin at Davy C's.
We booked a new premium cabin and it was fab!
Lots of room and very clean too, the outside space was great.
IMGP0344.jpg

WE were on the Cheyenne trail about 5 mins walk from the village.
dis8.jpg

Wils first meet and autigraph was Minnie..
IMGP0072.jpg

Follwed by goofy...this was one fo the best things about staying with disney....characters and no queues.
We ate at Crocketts Tavern all you can eat buffet which was great and filled us up after a tiring day. it was about 23 euros each including a drink, Wil was about nine euros.
The older boys then played some tennis on the indoor court and me Hol and Wil got a drink at the saloon
IMGP0075.jpg

IMGP0076.jpg

IMGP0071.jpg

This finished day one....day two tomorrow.. Crush rush!!...Parades Parades!! and Lil Remy ( wow this takes longer than you think!!)

Great start - your youngest looks very cool in his sunspecs in the car :cool2::goodvibes

Great trip report so far, thanks so much for sharing.
Your journey sounds so hassle free :) I'm a proud Scot but sometimes wish I lived a bit nearer that tunnel for Disney purposes :rotfl:
Looks like your family is having a great laugh together, can't wait to hear more about your trip.
Do you have any photos of the interior of the cabin? Just nosey about the premium ones.

Great start Jayne ,these trip reports do take ages :lmao:I keep asking carrie for her help putting on the photos :lmao:love that one of your DD and dh near dumbos and the dc cabins look nice keep going ive still got 3 days to do:idea::scared1:

Lovely start - you must all have been exhausted after such an early start - looking forward to more :goodvibes

What a great start to your holiday! I can't wait to read more! :) I just love seeing everyones photos! :banana:

have they renamed the trails at DCR? just wondering *** there isnt a cheyenne one on my map from january?

my special request might mean nothing now! :rotfl:

have they renamed the trails at DCR? just wondering *** there isnt a cheyenne one on my map from january?

my special request might mean nothing now! :rotfl:

Am soooo sorry!!!!:eek:
My head wanted to say Cherokee but my fingers for some unfathomable reason typed Cheyenne!!!

Great trip report so far, thanks so much for sharing.
Your journey sounds so hassle free :) I'm a proud Scot but sometimes wish I lived a bit nearer that tunnel for Disney purposes :rotfl:
Looks like your family is having a great laugh together, can't wait to hear more about your trip.
Do you have any photos of the interior of the cabin? Just nosey about the premium ones.

Sorry dont really have any others from the inside of the cabin!! The bedrooms were a bit tight, but youd expect that, but my 3 all fitted fine into their bedroom. Our bed was lovely and comfy.
The bathrooms were fab, the showers were spot on and the heated towel rails worked great for after swimming. There was the normal air con and then an extra machine in the living area which you could set the temp for and it blew out lovely cold air...very nice!
If you want to use the dishwasher they only provide 2 tablets so youd need to take more. I just took wipes for cleaning and some wash up liquid. There are extra toilet rolls and towels and soap/shower gel in the wooden box on the decking. Our bin was really small so we just used carrier bags and that worked fine. Lots of people were having barbecues and if we had had more time we would have to.
The wake up call is from Mickey and works a treat and is a lovely way to start the day!! I loved it!!
Oue decking was really private with some trees providing lovely shade but some of the others were very in the open and not very private at all.
You put the key into the box on the wall to access your electricity when you go in, but the major lights, fridge etc stay on all the time.
For a family of five it was much better than the room we stayed in at explorers. just being able to sit outside made a huge difference, and the kids could let off some steam and there was enough room so we didnt feel on top of each other.
Hope that helps :goodvibes

:rotfl: thats ok!!! i just wondered! had just found my old map! and have requested tomahawk for next month - fingers crossed we get it! managed to get a wee upgrade to there in january! the premium cabins are lovely.

were soooo cosy in the winter! my dad complained it was too hot! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter