Today is December 7.....sign up for MK 2018, Moonlight Magic?

I am VERY nervous...I was told specifically that I would not receive a confirmation! I hope she was wrong since several on here were told they would eventually receive one. I'm guessing I still can't reserve online because I have a cash reservation & my DVC reservation starts the day after the event.

You would have thought that would get fixed by now so no more issues with it, but I doubt it will get fixed till maybe the next event.

I am VERY nervous...I was told specifically that I would not receive a confirmation! I hope she was wrong since several on here were told they would eventually receive one. I'm guessing I still can't reserve online because I have a cash reservation & my DVC reservation starts the day after the event.
I am very concerned as well about this. I tried for 2 hours this morning and gave up. Tried again around 2 and not successful so gave up and called. Took about 45 minutes. They opened my Disney experience account and found my reservation and booked the 28th for me. I told her I do not receive DVC emails and she gave me her name and extension but said I should receive a confirmation within 2 weeks. If I do not, she said to call right after Christmas and said she put her name to the reservation. Hopefully it works as my daughter will be bringing 3 friends with her and I would feel awful if we drive over and then got turned away.

the whole experience is messed up. Again, I suspect the data they used to generate the email is stale. Plus it did not appear to go out early enough to everyone. Email at this time of year is just getting crushed (in many ways replacing the mail). I would not enjoy my day in IT at Disney today

Of course it's a mess as usual! I have a points reservation at AKV (till Feb 4); then a cash reservation at AKL (Feb 4-9) and tried several times to book Feb 6 online, unsuccessfully. Earlier today, the expected hold time for MS was 45 minutes so I waited till just after 5pm Eastern to call.

I had a short wait (5 minute hold time) and when I got through to a CM, she understood immediately what I was calling about! She looked up my reservations, put me on a "brief hold" -- came back on after several minutes to let me know it would be a few minutes more...... She came back a few minutes later to say we are confirmed, but that it would take 10-14 days to receive an email confirmation. No confirmation #, we'd need to print the email and bring DVC card and photo ID. Then she said she had notated the call and reservation on my DVC account so if I don't receive the confirmation email in about 2 weeks, I will call back! ;)

Happy to do the "survey" after the call. All 5's for this CM! :thumbsup2

Went on at 9 am. Didn't see a link to it so checked disboards. Many mentioned an email which I received at 9:30 am. Took another 20 minutes but link did finally work. Guessing it was very busy. Just glad it went through and happy that I checked here to see what others were experiencing. It helps to know you are no alone

I have three contracts. Two have benefits and one does not.
If I book a stay at a DVC resort in the future with the contract that does not have benefits can I still get into the event. People are reporting that they can pay cash for a room or even pay cash for a non-dvc room so it does not matter correct so long as you have at least one contract with benefits ??? I have two contracts with benefits.

Supposedly got mine for Jan 28 after about an hour and a half on hold. I made my reservations in August for AoA using cash. First I was getting the error webpage, then it wasn't recognizing member id or reservation number.

MS said I wasn't using the correct reservation number, but it was the only one I had. he looked in the system and found a different one for me to try but they didn't help either

He then said he could register me but it would take 30 minutes.

When it was all done he told me there were errors with the system and it wasn't recognizing reservations and accounts, and they were having problems all over.
It didn't seem to matter how you reserved your trip, if you were able to get it online it was just dumb luck.

Like others, the email will take 10-14 days.

Not surprised at all by this considering Disney's IT history.

Now I just need to figure out how to keep my six year old up that late!

Now I just need to figure out how to keep my six year old up that late!

Our dilemma as well with DD6...LOL I changed around our plans for the day so that we can start later around 4 so we have time for a nap before we head out.

Managed to get through after 200 redials on the phone. Never got the email and the link provided here wouldn’t work. Member Services gave me the web address and finally I got through by 11 am. Two hours of my day. I’m glad to be going. Hoping it will be a fun night. Are these events crowded or are the parks blissfully quiet?

On the email confirmation it says that check-in will begin at 6 pm at MK, but it also says that check in will begin at 6 pm at the 10 DVC resorts. We have 7 in our group, and I am guessing a few will want to arrive later to MK than others. If we all check in together at the Poly, does that mean our group can split up and the non-members of our group can arrive separately at MK?

Before I got my reservation, I sent an email to Member Service expressing my frustration. I received this reply. Perhaps it can help someone.

Welcome Home Barbara,

Thank you for contacting DISNEY VACATION CLUB®.

We appreciate your interest in your travel plans and are happy to assist
you further.

Members who have an eligible room reservation during the event, may
register for this Moonlight Magic event using the link on the email they
received. Emails were sent to the Primary person on the Membership,
only.

If you did not get your email, you may use this link to register for the
Moonlight Magic event (do not put www in front of the link, but just
copy and paste it to your address bar): disneyurl.com/dvcmk2018

If you experience challenges registering using the link on your email or
the link posted above, you will need to call Disney Vacation Club Member
Services and speak with a Vacation Advisor who will reach out to our
Support Team for assistance.

Member Services is available Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM ET, and
Saturday – Sunday, 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM ET, by phoning (800) 800-9800 or
(407) 566-3800.

DISNEY VACATION CLUB values our Members' feedback and would appreciate
you taking a moment to fill out a survey on the service I provided you
today. Please click on the following link to complete our survey. https://www.disneysurveys.com/wix/p22093388.aspx?AGT=Molly
Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Thank you and have a magical day,

Just checked my e-mail and still nothing. Thanks again to

Thanks again for posting the link. Just checked my e-mail again and nothing from DVC telling us to book. We missed the AP and DVC previews for Avatar because we never get the e-mails. We appreciate your help.

I got the email for this but not for Avatar...its so odd how and who gets them.

I was finally able to call and book just now for my non-DVC resort reservation, no wait time, calling is the only way non-dvc stays can book.
I should get a confirmation email in 10-14 days.

I must say the whole process has left me with a lackluster feeling this time :headache:, lol, lots of time and effort for something that should have taken a few minutes.

yesterday I was on the DVC website but couldnt find anything where to sign (i never got an email about any of this I just found it by looking at the DVC website so after reading on here about how alot of you were having issues getting things to go through I I thought I would call and just have MS to it for me--I called around 10 eastern time only to be on hold for 20 minutes I had to get to work I had a 10 to 630 shift and I was hopeing to get this done before then--somehow

so I tried calling at my lunch--the guy was super nice but said it had to be done on line--and gave me the website that was in the email that I never got--so I happened to have a few minutes of slow time and by just taking my time I actually got it to go through on my phone !!!

I never like to to things like that on my phone--always worried something will go wrong

but everything went perfectly--when I got home there was a confirmation email!!!

we are set!!!

does anyone know what attractions will be open

Before I got my reservation, I sent an email to Member Service expressing my frustration. I received this reply. Perhaps it can help someone.

Welcome Home Barbara,

Thank you for contacting DISNEY VACATION CLUB®.

We appreciate your interest in your travel plans and are happy to assist
you further.

Members who have an eligible room reservation during the event, may
register for this Moonlight Magic event using the link on the email they
received. Emails were sent to the Primary person on the Membership,
only.

If you did not get your email, you may use this link to register for the
Moonlight Magic event (do not put www in front of the link, but just
copy and paste it to your address bar): disneyurl.com/dvcmk2018

If you experience challenges registering using the link on your email or
the link posted above, you will need to call Disney Vacation Club Member
Services and speak with a Vacation Advisor who will reach out to our
Support Team for assistance.

Member Services is available Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM ET, and
Saturday – Sunday, 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM ET, by phoning (800) 800-9800 or
(407) 566-3800.

DISNEY VACATION CLUB values our Members' feedback and would appreciate
you taking a moment to fill out a survey on the service I provided you
today. Please click on the following link to complete our survey. https://www.disneysurveys.com/wix/p22093388.aspx?AGT=Molly
Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Thank you and have a magical day,

thanks so much Bobbie this link worked for me!!! ms is so busy they aren't even answering the phones. so would have been on the phone a long, long time. It says I got a reservation - but since I expected it to sell out before now was surprised.

I'm sure we must have missed the fine print somewhere, but my Mom booked a stay non-DVC, today specifically for this event. She called in and was told to use an online link. I had to have her call again with the room confirmation. She did and was then told she couldn't do early registration because she hadn't booked her room prior to Thursday. I hope there there's still two openings for February 6 when she calls on the 21st.

Boy their IT is sad. Tried the web site at least 30 times, no luck. Then had to call in for a different reason, 45 minute wait, and told the CM that I couldn't sign up for the event. After about 5-10 minutes of nothing working, they added manually and said I should get a confirmation in 10-14 days.

Let's hope their manual process wasn't a sticky note!

Hopefully this is allowed...
She told my husband only DVC reservations can do it online, all else need to call. No confirmations will be sent for 10-14 days according to her.

I know this is days later, we're just home from BWV. I got my confirmation immediately.

But I never got the email with the link to book.

I know this is days later, we're just home from BWV. I got my confirmation immediately.

But I never got the email with the link to book.

Did you book online using the link, or did you have MS manually book for you?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter