• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Today's worry: what if my BF doesn't change his POV?

Laralyn

DIS Veteran
It seems like every day I find something new to worry about re: our upcoming trip. I've changed resorts, added days, changed our PS three times... Today, the worry is about my BF.

He's been to DL with me three times. The first time, we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel (I was there for a business trip to Disney) and it was summer--the park was wall to wall people. Then we went twice while living in LA as a day trip. There were a few things he liked, but for the most part he went just to please me.

Now I've planned his first trip to WDW. I have a secret hope that he will really like it, and that he will see the difference between it and DL. Don't get me wrong--I love DL... but if you hate crowds, DL is not your idea of a good time because it is so small, the streets are so narrow, etc.

I don't understand why he wouldn't love WDW--his interests include animation, comic books, sci fi, and movies. It seems like it should be right up his alley! :confused:

But when I asked him last night what he liked best (Indiana Jones ride, Star Tours, Animation tour) and least (kids, strollers, babies, crowds), he still seems really un-excited about the trip. He even asks why we would want to go to WDW since we went to DL last year! :rolleyes:

So now my approach is to shut up and let him experience WDW for himself. Do you think he'll come around once he's been there?

guys on the whole do not like WDW until they have experienced...

you can hope!!!

then some men still do not like WDW until they have children.

It just depends.

I hope WDW can change his mind!!!

he may also be worried that you are putting alot into this vacation and then if it doesn't work may just drop him.

be more casual if you can - you know like it won't bother you if he doesn't like WDW (much rather love it) - that he is still number one to you!

My fiance's first trip was two years ago, and he liked it but didn't love it. We were there for a week, and he just found it too rushed. He enjoyed everything well enough, but he likes downtime on vacation and doesn't like big crowds. He was willing to return, but mostly to please me.

We just returned from his second trip. This time we were there for two weeks, had lots of downtime, and lots of time to do things I knew he'd like (watching football at the ESPN club, Disney Quest, time by the pool and some great meals). He loved this trip, and now is looking forward to the next one. My previously non-Disney guy even bought himself a Mickey shirt and a Grumpy t-shirt, and happily posed for pictures with characters!

So my advice would be - take it at a relaxed pace, and build in some activities that will interest him - golf, ESPN, whatever it is. Even if you don't get to see everything, if you can show him a good time he'll be more excited about returning.

I say this gently----I think you may be over thinking this a little. It sounds like you have done everthing in your power to make a good trip. Just relax and I am sure everything will be just fine. Not everyone loves WDW, no matter how much we want them to. I am sure you will have a great trip.

He will love it, especially if you take him to EPCOT for the food and wine festival and just take in the atmosphere. I would suggest though not making any dinner ps's for EPCOT since it is very easy to fill up on all the food and the wines and beers. Also the weather is next to perfect now and the crowds even though they have been a little larger than normal are quite manageable.

Thanks for the reassurance! I've stopped talking about it to him except for the occasional question about his preferences, so hopefully the pressure is off him and we will be able to relax and have fun. :D

I have to agree with the above. Don't go to WDW with commando attitude and have to do everything in the time that your given. Taking it slow with things that you know he will like to do helps to make it a vacation and he'll come around and enjoy it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter