Toddler questions

jenjen212

Just keep Swimming, Just keep Swimming...
We are taking our toddler for her first trip to Disney at the end of the month.

When we go to Epcot, we have FP for Frozen Ever After. How long have the wait times been (so far this time of the year) typically for the Anna and Elsa meet and greet?

How is the Disney and Pixar Short Film Festival? Is this something that a toddler would enjoy? We have a FP for it, but not sure if it will be worth it for her.

We are taking our toddler for her first trip to Disney at the end of the month.

When we go to Epcot, we have FP for Frozen Ever After. How long have the wait times been (so far this time of the year) typically for the Anna and Elsa meet and greet?

How is the Disney and Pixar Short Film Festival? Is this something that a toddler would enjoy? We have a FP for it, but not sure if it will be worth it for her.

Waits of more than 20-30 minutes or so for the A&E M&G are unusual. The Pixar Shorts is a small collection of, um, Pixar shorts. Does she like those? Regardless, there are more effective uses of FP than on PSFF—Turtle Talk and Spaceship: Earth are two that are toddler-friendly.

Yeah, I agree with the above. I’m not sure a FP for the Pixar shorts is necessary. I’d do Spaceship Earth or Turtle Talk instead. These were hits with my son on both of his trips.

How old is your toddler? My son hated the Frozen ride at 18 months. The drop totally freaked him out. We didn’t even try it when we went back just before he turned 3...we used our Tier 1 FP on the character meet instead. Obviously not all kids will be scared, but just wanted to throw that out there.

Thanks all!

She is 2yo. She loves Frozen, so I think she'd love the ride. I figured it was the same as the old Norway ride, just re-themed. I remember that little drop. She actually loves that type of thing.

The day that we are at Epcot is only for half of a day, and many things are already taken for the time that we are there. So this was left.

We do have the Pixar shorts collection that has the Birthday Celebration for Anna at the end. She just enjoyed a few of those. But, I wasn't sure if this was a different collection.

She loves Cars, Toy Story, and other Pixar movies. So I wanted to check if it was something with that.

I will keep checking to see if something better opens up. Last time we were there was 2016. So I know FP have changed. I didn't know about the tiers. After I chose the Frozen Ever After FP, not many options were left, saying I already chose a "FP experience of this level."

Thanks all!

She is 2yo. She loves Frozen, so I think she'd love the ride. I figured it was the same as the old Norway ride, just re-themed. I remember that little drop. She actually loves that type of thing.

The day that we are at Epcot is only for half of a day, and many things are already taken for the time that we are there. So this was left.

We do have the Pixar shorts collection that has the Birthday Celebration for Anna at the end. She just enjoyed a few of those. But, I wasn't sure if this was a different collection.

She loves Cars, Toy Story, and other Pixar movies. So I wanted to check if it was something with that.

I will keep checking to see if something better opens up. Last time we were there was 2016. So I know FP have changed. I didn't know about the tiers. After I chose the Frozen Ever After FP, not many options were left, saying I already chose a "FP experience of this level."

The Tier 1 attractions are Frozen, Soarin, Test Track, Character Spot, and Illuminations. With a 2 YO, you’re likely choosing between Frozen and Character Spot (and it sounds like you’ve chosen Frozen).

Things like the Nemo ride, Spaceship Earth, Turtle Talk, and Living with the Land are Tier 2. I’d still strongly recommend getting FPs for 2 of those, rather than the Pixar shorts. You really won’t need a FP for that.

Also you can easily get a FP for the Pixar thing as your 4th FP if you're there long enough. It's a nice break (A/C, sit for a while) but its not going to be as fun for an active toddler as any of the other options.

OK. Rebooked FPs. Was able to bool SpaceShip Earth, The Seas, then Frozen ever after. Not sure how long we are going to be in Epcot.

We are flying in to MCO on a Friday, with DME to POFQ around 10am. After my husband and I check in, we are going to Epcot until we meet up with my parents, as they are driving up from Miami. They may arrive sometime around 5pm.

The next day, Saturday, is our First full day: MK
We are starting with ADR at 745am at Chef Mickey's so my daughter can get her Minnie obsession fix, along with the Fab 5.
I figure we should be done by 930am or so. These are our FP:

Winnie the Pooh
Buzz LightYear

We were thinking about going back to the resort midday for her to nap and maybe splash in the pool, depending on the heat. She gets excited with fireworks. We want to be back early evening to do more rides then, watch the fireworks.

We have one more FP left. We want to attempt to see:

Philharmagic, Small World, Dumbo, Laugh Floor, Pirates, Haunted Mansion

Last time, I remember Philharmagic, Small World, and Laugh Floor had lines that moved pretty fast. Is that still true? Should I use the 3rd FP on one of the others to make it for before we leave the park in the afternoon, and then hope for an extra FP availability for another one when we return in the evening?

Do they still do the electrical parade at night after the fireworks on certain days?

Then, we are at HS on Sunday.

We have FP for:

Disney Jr Dance Party
Toy Story Mania
Fantasmic

Thoughts??

I remember small world having the longest waits, and hardest line to keep a toddler busy.

Pooh - I don’t remember ever waiting but this could be a coincidence.

Pirates/Haunted are popular, but if you have the app look for an opportunity. The lines are easier since it’s shaded and themed, so even 20-30mins go by faster.

OK. Rebooked FPs. Was able to bool SpaceShip Earth, The Seas, then Frozen ever after. Not sure how long we are going to be in Epcot.

We are flying in to MCO on a Friday, with DME to POFQ around 10am. After my husband and I check in, we are going to Epcot until we meet up with my parents, as they are driving up from Miami. They may arrive sometime around 5pm.

The next day, Saturday, is our First full day: MK
We are starting with ADR at 745am at Chef Mickey's so my daughter can get her Minnie obsession fix, along with the Fab 5.
I figure we should be done by 930am or so. These are our FP:

Winnie the Pooh
Buzz LightYear

We were thinking about going back to the resort midday for her to nap and maybe splash in the pool, depending on the heat. She gets excited with fireworks. We want to be back early evening to do more rides then, watch the fireworks.

We have one more FP left. We want to attempt to see:

Philharmagic, Small World, Dumbo, Laugh Floor, Pirates, Haunted Mansion

Last time, I remember Philharmagic, Small World, and Laugh Floor had lines that moved pretty fast. Is that still true? Should I use the 3rd FP on one of the others to make it for before we leave the park in the afternoon, and then hope for an extra FP availability for another one when we return in the evening?

Do they still do the electrical parade at night after the fireworks on certain days?

Then, we are at HS on Sunday.

We have FP for:

Disney Jr Dance Party
Toy Story Mania
Fantasmic

Thoughts??
How tall is your daughter? Mine was over 38 inches the last time we went and she really enjoyed 7 dwarfs mine train and slinky dog.

How tall is your daughter? Mine was over 38 inches the last time we went and she really enjoyed 7 dwarfs mine train and slinky dog.

She's only 36 inches. I loved the 7 Dwarfs ride the last time that I was there. But, I think that it might be a little too much for her right now. I know that she is going to be super excited to see Slinky Dog ride, even though she won't be able to ride it yet.

We are taking my 19 month old next month. We have a group of 7, with the toddler, grandparents, and teenagers.

For MK, we were able to get a PPO BoG breakfast, so we plan to ride 7DMT (for those who want to), Winnie the Pooh, and possibly Peter Pan. We will Stand by for IASW. Our FPs are for HM, PotC, and Buzz.

So if I were you, I'd get a FP for HM or PotC. HM has the possibility to have a line more in the elements than PotC, so I'd probably pick that one.

We are taking my 19 month old next month. We have a group of 7, with the toddler, grandparents, and teenagers.

For MK, we were able to get a PPO BoG breakfast, so we plan to ride 7DMT (for those who want to), Winnie the Pooh, and possibly Peter Pan. We will Stand by for IASW. Our FPs are for HM, PotC, and Buzz.

So if I were you, I'd get a FP for HM or PotC. HM has the possibility to have a line more in the elements than PotC, so I'd probably pick that one.
Pirates waits can be really short though. We waited only 15 minutes during the week after Easter. There were times when the line was down to 10 minutes.

Jungle Cruise? Although my husband did not enjoy that ride.

Pirates waits can be really short though. We waited only 15 minutes during the week after Easter. There were times when the line was down to 10 minutes.

Awww Jungle cruise is one of my all time favorites!!!! The line can get very long for this. I would consider a FP for this over some of the others. Peter Pan would be another great FP

I enjoy Jungle Cruise, but it got cut by my group. Peter Pan is a good FP, although the stand by queue is fun with Tinkerbell. That one we will do first thing if we decide to do it because I like the queue ;)

The OP had mentioned a choice of HM or PotC for FP. In that case, I'd choose HM over PotC. Even though the waits aren't often too bad for HM, it's line is more in the elements than PotC.

I enjoy Jungle Cruise, but it got cut by my group. Peter Pan is a good FP, although the stand by queue is fun with Tinkerbell. That one we will do first thing if we decide to do it because I like the queue ;)

The OP had mentioned a choice of HM or PotC for FP. In that case, I'd choose HM over PotC. Even though the waits aren't often too bad for HM, it's line is more in the elements than PotC.
Yes Tinkerbell was really cute! We were the first people in line for her though, so we didn’t wait around too much in there. But the room was on point. It was super cute

Sadly, the electrical parade ended in 2016. Right now there is no nighttime parade at MK.

Last time, I remember Philharmagic, Small World, and Laugh Floor had lines that moved pretty fast. Is that still true?

In the past I've noticed lines for Small World got long in the evenings. YMMV though. You may want to use an in-park FP for that as they are usually available.

We were there last year. I easily got in park fastpasses for most rides, whenever I wanted them but we had to wait an hour for Haunted Mansion - I just could NOT manage to get a closer fast pass. So I'd recommend getting a fast pass for that.

Also, apparently there's a treasure hunt sort of game that you can get in AdventureLand. If you complete two of the maps, you get a free Pirates fastpass.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/magic-kingdom/pirates-adventures/https://touringplans.com/magic-kingdom/attractions/a-pirates-adventure-treasures-of-seven-seas

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter