Tokyo and TDR during Chinese New Year

NeverlandKat

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience traveling to Tokyo/Japan during Chinese New Year (this year it's early February). I've been reading a lot online about how Tokyo is now the top Chinese New Year destination for Asians and it's making me a little nervous. I live and work in mainland China and don't get a lot of holiday time. Since I have 10 days off for CNY, I really wanted to travel to Japan and TDR.

I used to work at Disney World and have a lot of experience in crowded Disney Parks, but I'm wondering if these crowds would just be too much to bother. Has anyone been at this time or know of anybody else who has been??

I haven't been to TDR on Chinese New Year but if this year is any prediction of next year, Shanghai will be the park to avoid on CNY crowd wise. I don't think the holiday has much affect on TDR crowds since Chinese tourists are a tiny fraction of visitors to the resort but perhaps someone with specific experience can give more info on that.

I was in the resort in early Februrary this year before CNY and crowds were relatively low due to snow. But some of the outdoor shows were cancelled which is another thing to consider if you're thinking about visiting around that time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!