***Tokyo Disney Resort - FAQ***

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread, but anyone know on average how long it takes to clear immigration on flights arriving in KIX Osaka after 8pm?
I know there are a ton of variables, but Im looking at night buses into Tokyo DL so just wondering if this was possible.

Also are wifi hotspot rentals available near Tokyo DL?
If not I'd have to factor that in after arrival.

Thanks for any answers posted.​

Hi I found this forum that also asked how long customs clearing will take...it looks like 45mins to an hour... but don't hold me to it. I don't fly into KIX.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTop...sually_take-Osaka_Osaka_Prefecture_Kinki.html

I don't know about the wifi hotspot though, sorry i can't help.

If you buy a four day ticket do the days need to be used consecutively? Or can I use the fourth day of the ticket on the 5th day.

If you buy a four day ticket do the days need to be used consecutively? Or can I use the fourth day of the ticket on the 5th day.

When you buy your ticket, they will ask you what park you are doing on each of the first two days. That will then print that out on the ticket, so if you tell them Tokyo Disneyland on day 1 and Tokyo DisneySea on day, you can't change your mind after. Day 3 and 4 which are consecutives are park hopper days.

When you buy your ticket, they will ask you what park you are doing on each of the first two days. That will then print that out on the ticket, so if you tell them Tokyo Disneyland on day 1 and Tokyo DisneySea on day, you can't change your mind after. Day 3 and 4 which are consecutives are park hopper days.

Right... but you have to use all 4 days in a row correct? You can't go to the parks for day 1 and 2 and then go to Tokyo for day 3 and back to the parks on day 4 and 5 if I understand correctly.

Right... but you have to use all 4 days in a row correct? You can't go to the parks for day 1 and 2 and then go to Tokyo for day 3 and back to the parks on day 4 and 5 if I understand correctly.

Correct. The tickets are dated and when you buy it at a Disney Store or at your hotel, you tell them the 4 consecutive dates you will go to the parks.

Can anyone tell me the time period for lunch and time period for dinner at table service restaurants at Tokyo DisneySeas? I am interested in Magellan's, but didn't know how late lunch goes and if I might be able to have it take place of an early dinner and save some money. If anyone has any other suggestions for eating there, I'm all ears.
Thanks in advance.

Thanks. If United can get us to Japan on time I'm hoping for the bus. Sounds easiest.

You're right, from what I read SIM card is the way to go. I appreciate your input.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Next question :rolleyes:

What about wearing Disney World or Disneyland t-shirts at Tokyo Disney? I have a few and I don't seem to wear graphic t-shirts anymore and am wondering about wearing them. On the one hand seems like a good ideas because I read that the Japanese really embrace the Disney spirit, on the other hand I don't know if it would be offensive or impolite (can't quite figure out the word I'm looking for) to wear a non Tokyo Disney shirt there. Thoughts?

I say wear your Disney World or Disneyland T-shirts at Tokyo Disney. It's your vacation....so have fun and enjoy!

I went to Tokyo Disneyland wearing my Disney Aulani Resort T-shirt. It has Mickey Mouse and friends and Stitch wearing their Aloha Hawaiian attire. While riding the Disney Celebrations Hotel Bus shuttle, a fellow hotel guest commented "Cute T-shirt!" then asked about Disney Aulani Resort and Oahu.

YES! Japanese people really embrace the Disney spirit. Group of Friends and couples wear "matching" Disney apparel. They wear "multiple" Disney items too! For example- Disney T-shirts, Mouse ears, Disney character small bag (holds ID / hotel key / park tickets) and Popcorn buckets....ALL AT ONCE!!!

Last edited:
I say wear your Disney World or Disneyland T-shirts at Tokyo Disney. It's your vacation....so have fun and enjoy!

I went to Tokyo Disneyland wearing my Disney Aulani Resort T-shirt. It has Mickey Mouse and friends and Stitch wearing their Aloha Hawaiian attire. While riding the Disney Celebrations Hotel Bus shuttle, a fellow hotel guest commented "Cute T-shirt!" then asked about Disney Aulani Resort and Oahu.

YES! Japanese people really embrace the Disney spirit. Group of Friends and couples wear "matching" Disney apparel. They wear "multiple" Disney items too! For example- Disney T-shirts, Mouse ears, Disney character small bag (holds ID / hotel key / park tickets) and Popcorn buckets....ALL AT ONCE!!!

Best reaction I got was when I wore a Tokyo Disneyland Space Mountain shirt last January. There never were any official T-shirts released of the 2007 Space Mountain logo there and I took good photos of the logo around the ride. I then had a friend recreate it and he uploaded it to his redbubble account. I ordered some and wore it at the park... where the cast members at Space Mountain were all amazed by it and they let me use the fast pass line. Then, I went to guest services to write compliments and the cast members there asked me when I bought it at the resort? They though it was real!

Best reaction I got was when I wore a Tokyo Disneyland Space Mountain shirt last January. There never were any official T-shirts released of the 2007 Space Mountain logo there and I took good photos of the logo around the ride. I then had a friend recreate it and he uploaded it to his redbubble account. I ordered some and wore it at the park... where the cast members at Space Mountain were all amazed by it and they let me use the fast pass line. Then, I went to guest services to write compliments and the cast members there asked me when I bought it at the resort? They though it was real!

My favorite t-shirts are my attraction shirts. I would be very sad if they didn't sell them for WDW and Disneyland. I bet they would sell well there. Our trip to Tokyo is too far away:(

Anyone know the latest on using US credit cards to book online for the official hotels? :magnify: I've seen varying reports. All seem to point to Visa cards from US being a no go still. Thanks for any recent (since the spring) info on that situation.

I used my Disney Visa. The problem I ran into was that I booked two nights at the Disneyland Hotel and then when I tried to book two nights at Mira Costa my card was declined because they thought it was a duplicate charge.

I used my Disney Visa. The problem I ran into was that I booked two nights at the Disneyland Hotel and then when I tried to book two nights at Mira Costa my card was declined because they thought it was a duplicate charge.
Thank you! Very helpful.

Anyone know the latest on using US credit cards to book online for the official hotels? :magnify: I've seen varying reports. All seem to point to Visa cards from US being a no go still. Thanks for any recent (since the spring) info on that situation.

I used my Visa to book the Tokyo Hilton Bay for April 2019, went through perfectly. I am worried about trying to purchase my Disney tickets online as have heard our Visa’s are not secure enough? Anyone else with this experience?

Also has anyone used the Yamato luggage service? I will be headed to Disney from Yokohama early in the morning and wondered if the luggage will arrive that evening? Hoping so as will be taking the train from Yokohama to Disney area Hotel.

We also had no issues using our Disney Visa for the Celebration hotel. I am pretty sure we just used our Marriott visa card for the Sheraton Grade Tokyo Bay as that is what is saved in our Marriot/SPG account. It is possible we used our Marriott visa for the Celebration hotel too, but I think I ended up using the Disney one. I don't know if that was because I had trouble with the Marriott one or some other reason. We are just going to buy tickets when we get there I think. We debated buying two day tickets on Klook and then upgrading, but it isn't a huge savings so I think it will be easiest to just buy them in person.

@nancy155- We haven't used the Yamato service but we are looking into it for our trip next week. We are traveling from the Tokyo Disney area to Osaka but we are still debating what we should do with the luggage. I would like to try the service and just use our carry ons (2 duffles and back packs for the kids) but my husband would like to save money and take care of our luggage ourselves (4 25 inch suitcases). I'll post with the details if we do use the service.

Question- Does anyone know what the price is for the 4 day "special passport" you can buy on property? The one that gives the ability to hop all days of use? I have seen it advertised but no prices mentioned.

We also had no issues using our Disney Visa for the Celebration hotel. I am pretty sure we just used our Marriott visa card for the Sheraton Grade Tokyo Bay as that is what is saved in our Marriot/SPG account. It is possible we used our Marriott visa for the Celebration hotel too, but I think I ended up using the Disney one. I don't know if that was because I had trouble with the Marriott one or some other reason. We are just going to buy tickets when we get there I think. We debated buying two day tickets on Klook and then upgrading, but it isn't a huge savings so I think it will be easiest to just buy them in person.

@nancy155- We haven't used the Yamato service but we are looking into it for our trip next week. We are traveling from the Tokyo Disney area to Osaka but we are still debating what we should do with the luggage. I would like to try the service and just use our carry ons (2 duffles and back packs for the kids) but my husband would like to save money and take care of our luggage ourselves (4 25 inch suitcases). I'll post with the details if we do use the service.

Question- Does anyone know what the price is for the 4 day "special passport" you can buy on property? The one that gives the ability to hop all days of use? I have seen it advertised but no prices mentioned.

Thank you! I appreciate hearing about your experience. Have a wonderful trip.

Also has anyone used the Yamato luggage service? I will be headed to Disney from Yokohama early in the morning and wondered if the luggage will arrive that evening? Hoping so as will be taking the train from Yokohama to Disney area Hotel.

We've used a delivery service on both our trips. I don't think it really matters which company it is. We ask the hotel front desk to send it for us, so it's just whichever company they work with. Yokohama and Disney are close enough that I would think same day delivery is possible.

My DH is the type of person who HATES paying someone to do something he can do himself. But he has never complained about paying for the delivery service in Japan. Worth every penny. We only travel with 1 25 inch though, so I can see 4 is going to add up. I can't imagine (or maybe I don't want to), taking all that luggage to the train station, up the escalators (if you're lucky, stairs if not), through the station with all the people, making the connections, finding space on the trains, then finally walking with them to your hotel (or taxi but then all that luggage probably won't fit in 1 taxi). Hope you can convince your DH to use the service! :)

Here are the prices for the special tickets:

http://www.disneyhotels.jp/en/guest...3010897.1538544442-1552542458.1531980956#sv06

My DH is the type of person who HATES paying someone to do something he can do himself. But he has never complained about paying for the delivery service in Japan. Worth every penny. We only travel with 1 25 inch though, so I can see 4 is going to add up. I can't imagine (or maybe I don't want to), taking all that luggage to the train station, up the escalators (if you're lucky, stairs if not), through the station with all the people, making the connections, finding space on the trains, then finally walking with them to your hotel (or taxi but then all that luggage probably won't fit in 1 taxi). Hope you can convince your DH to use the service! :)

Thanks for the link!

We've done plenty of trains with luggage before, in Europe and in both Hong Kong and Korea and the teens can mostly handle their own bags which is a huge help these days but we've never had what I consider to be a fairly inexpensive option before so I would rather just have one less thing to deal with. We are meeting up with my MIL when we get to Osaka and that brings with it its own level of stress so I'd rather start off our day without any potential issues. Plus, I'd rather leave fairly early in the morning and since we will be traveling on a Monday I am assuming there may be some rush hour type crowds on the metro and I don't want to try shoving 4 bags plus people in the crowds. If he doesn't agree we will probably have to wait until later that morning or early afternoon to make the trip. I am fairly certain it is a "fight" I'll win since I am the one that budgets travel expenses and I have already included the cost in our vacation budget. :rolleyes1

We've used a delivery service on both our trips. I don't think it really matters which company it is. We ask the hotel front desk to send it for us, so it's just whichever company they work with. Yokohama and Disney are close enough that I would think same day delivery is possible.
Do they have this at the airport? I’m wondering when we should use it. We will be staying at an Airbnb first so idk if we should have it sent to a nearby pick up? We are flying in and out of narita.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!