Tolls from Miami to Orlando

1andrea

DIS Veteran
Hello!!

Has anyone done the drive from Miami to Orlando recently.

Im wondering about tolls. We prefer to pay them at each toll along the way.

Does anyone know if this is possible or are some tolls cash less.

Last time we rented a car from Orlando it has a transpoder on and there was an expensive daily rate if we used it.

We're renting our car with Dollar this time so I'm hoping this isnt the case again!

Thanks xx

Your best bet is to avoid the Florida Turnpike. All tolls on the turnpike in Miami-Dade county are cashless, so you would have no choice but to use the transponder. We normally take the I-95 if we are driving Orlando/Miami.

Thank you! If it gets too complicated we'll have to use the transponder but if its a daily charge for 17 nights and we only just it once to Miami and back its going to be expensive for one trip! x

When we fly into Miami we now use the 27 as it is easy to get onto from the airport and there are not any tolls.

Who are you renting with?

Some companies let you use the transponder (or maybe just the plate recognition) and you get charged PAYG. I think Dollar did it with us before

Who are you renting with?

Some companies let you use the transponder (or maybe just the plate recognition) and you get charged PAYG. I think Dollar did it with us before

We’re back now. We rented with Dollar and the waiting for the fines to hit our credit card! X

To be honest, Im not sure but at a guess it would be 'Budget' as we've used them a few times recently. It wasn't Dollar as we've only just gone back to them.

We’re back now. We rented with Dollar and the waiting for the fines to hit our credit card! X
Dollar are fine, they have a deal with Sunpass, so you just get charged a $5 fee plus the toll amount., it's not loads.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!