Tomorrow, my worst day of the year.

DH hooks up the portable DVD player in the bathroom (with his playstation) and just camps out! lol. :happytv: Kind of gives this smiley a whole new meaning!

I am a Rectal Cancer Victor (I like that designation so much better than survivor. In my view, I won my fight.) Well, I'm trying to lose weight. This should help for Saturday's Weight Watchers weigh in.

Kim

I'm not a pod thread member, but wanted to jump in to say congrats on winning your fight! :cool1:

I'm glad you have a positive attitude about it helping with the weigh-in! What a strong person you are!

If it helps, a few people I know who've gone through the prep work say they focus on the fact that in a day or two, it will just be an unpleasant memory and that for them, knowing it won't be forever makes it a bit better.

Good luck! Think of Disney!

Good luck. I have lost motility in my colon and have had 6 colon preps in the last year and half. I know how you feel about the preps. It is honestly to the point of me gaging when I pass the Fleets soda on the isle. I did the pill prep one time, and honestly it is not picnic either. I'm doing everything and anything to save my colon, my thoughts are with you as you go through your colonospy.

Good luck,
Sammie

I made it through the prep (YUCK) and the colonoscopy today came out clear. 2 years cancer free officially.

However my very cute surgeon gave me the bad news that he is moving to Boston. His parents are there and are getting up in years and need help. He really didn't seem thrilled going to Boston. He said he got a good job though. He is one of the tops in the field of colo-rectal cancer surgery and treatment. I guess I will have to ask my PCP for another recommendation for some one to follow my case. I just hope my oncologist doesn't go anywhere. But I think his family is all here and he is several years younger than my surgeon so he shouldn't have that problem for a few years. I make another 5 years and I have the statistically normal chance for colorectal cancer.

I am treating myself for a new Ipod to celebrate.

Kim

I made it through the prep (YUCK) and the colonoscopy today came out clear. 2 years cancer free officially.

However my very cute surgeon gave me the bad news that he is moving to Boston. His parents are there and are getting up in years and need help. He really didn't seem thrilled going to Boston. He said he got a good job though. He is one of the tops in the field of colo-rectal cancer surgery and treatment. I guess I will have to ask my PCP for another recommendation for some one to follow my case. I just hope my oncologist doesn't go anywhere. But I think his family is all here and he is several years younger than my surgeon so he shouldn't have that problem for a few years. I make another 5 years and I have the statistically normal chance for colorectal cancer.

Kim

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: Congratulations on the clean bill of health!!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

:sad2: :sad2: :sad2: And my condolences on the cute doctor leaving town. :guilty: :guilty: :guilty:

Congrats Kim! :woohoo: :woohoo: An iPod is a very nice treat!

I got the lecture last week from my Dr that I really should have one done. My Dad passed away from colorectal cancer. I am getting close to the age when he was first diagnosed. Yes, I know that I need to do it. I am not afraid of the actual procedure. Drugs are a good thing! It is the before-you-go prep and the after the scope that scares me. I've heard not so nice stories from several who have had the procedure. Reading this thread was the kick in the butt (sorry couldn't resist) that I needed.

I meant to say this before, thank you everyone for your encouraging words.

Kathy, I won't lie, the prep is not fun. On the other hand I have not had a bad reaction after my 3 colonoscopies, other than being told I had cancer. That wasn't fun, but if I hadn't had the colonoscopy I'd be dead or dying. Please have the colonoscopy. It can save your life. And I want to meet you on the cruise. Please.

Kim

Kim

Congrats Kim! Get yourself the snazziest iPod out there!!

:banana:

I meant to say this before, thank you everyone for your encouraging words.

Kathy, I won't lie, the prep is not fun. On the other hand I have not had a bad reaction after my 3 colonoscopies, other than being told I had cancer. That wasn't fun, but if I hadn't had the colonoscopy I'd be dead or dying. Please have the colonoscopy. It can save your life. And I want to meet you on the cruise. Please.

Kim

Absolutely! I think there will be a moejeetoe or two calling our names.

Congrats again on your continued clean bill of health.

Kim,
Just wanted to say "Congrats" on the test results....I'm so happy for you.

Enjoy that new Ipod- you deserve it!

"Life is Good"

Heather

Congrats, Kim!! Happy to hear the result came up clear. :woohoo: As for the weight loss, don't worry too much right now. They say your colon looks ten pounds heavier on TV. ;)

First of all, congradulations.
Second, get the 1/2 gallon stuff with the flavor tabs. I am 34 and was 32 when it was discovered I had a 4cm adenoma ("pre-malignant")..
I recommend the drinking stuff, it all seemed to come at once, not all day. I was in the lav about 5 times in 2 hours, and that was it.
It was refreshing, though..:rotfl2:
Anyway, congrats, and good job monitoring yourself and catching this..

Kim
:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:
Way to go!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter