So is there any hope of actually being able to book for the week of July 4th? Or do they get reserved in the first minute or so that they go live?

Also, does anyone know if Disney charges more for the parties on those nights?

So is there any hope of actually being able to book for the week of July 4th? Or do they get reserved in the first minute or so that they go live?

Also, does anyone know if Disney charges more for the parties on those nights?

No, Disney doesn’t charge more on special nights like that.

The Tomorrowland Terrace version is always subject to selling out quickly because it has a very small headcount.

The Plaza Garden one has a lot more capacity so is not prone to selling out ASAP. Times like 7/4 are likely going to put more ‘pressure’ to book early - but it’s not going to be a “sell out in a day” type of situation, generally speaking. I personally wouldn’t stress too much, just pay attention to when booking becomes available.

Just thinking back to NYE, there was availability even really close to those days, if not day of.

I am going in two weeks on Easter and I just got a reservation yesterday despite nothing showing for the last few days since I booked. I would suggest just that you keep looking occasionally.

No, Disney doesn’t charge more on special nights like that.

The Tomorrowland Terrace version is always subject to selling out quickly because it has a very small headcount.

The Plaza Garden one has a lot more capacity so is not prone to selling out ASAP. Times like 7/4 are likely going to put more ‘pressure’ to book early - but it’s not going to be a “sell out in a day” type of situation, generally speaking. I personally wouldn’t stress too much, just pay attention to when booking becomes available.

Just thinking back to NYE, there was availability even really close to those days, if not day of.

Thank you so much, very helpful.

Hopefully not too far off topic - but do you know if they show HEA on the 3rd and 4th of July? Or is it an entirely different show?

Thank you so much, very helpful.

Hopefully not too far off topic - but do you know if they show HEA on the 3rd and 4th of July? Or is it an entirely different show?

Not OT at all. Historically, they don’t run HEA on 7/3 and 7/4, it’s a special show called: “Disney’s Celebrate America! A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky”

It’s a “360 degree show” meaning they use the traditional fireworks launch points, the “180 degree” ones used for MNSSHP and MVMCP fireworks, and the Seven Seas Lagoon. It’s a really cool show, although my one gripe with it is that it’s a bit short.

One thing I am not totally sure about is if they had a dessert party last year on those dates. I ‘think’ they did, although not 100% sure. I know they had dessert parties for 12/30 and 12/31 (since I was there), just can’t remember for 7/3 and 7/4. I’m sure someone else around here knows.

Hope that helps. :-)

I thought I'd put this in here instead of starting a new thread, hope it's somewhat on-topic!
Thanks to the Touringplans reservation finder I've snagged an ADR at BOG for 6:20... but will that be enough time to get us to the dessert party by 7:45?

Not that I've booked the party yet... still waiting for June to open...

I thought I'd put this in here instead of starting a new thread, hope it's somewhat on-topic!
Thanks to the Touringplans reservation finder I've snagged an ADR at BOG for 6:20... but will that be enough time to get us to the dessert party by 7:45?

Not that I've booked the party yet... still waiting for June to open...

Seems OK to me, although may be too rushed for some folks. You don’t have to be at the dessert party early or even on time. Frankly, I like going a bit later (although that won’t appeal to everyone).

Figure you’re seated at 6:30ish (could be later), hour for the meal, 5-10 minutes to walk to the Tomorrowland Terrace.

Probably a lot of food back to back, but seems doable.

Have fun!

Has anyone done the Terrace Seating party as a solo traveler. I am planning my first solo trip. I have never done a dessert party before as DD was never interested. I am trying to add some different things in to this trip.

Has anyone done the Terrace Seating party as a solo traveler. I am planning my first solo trip. I have never done a dessert party before as DD was never interested. I am trying to add some different things in to this trip.

I actually did this last summer and was very disappointed. I was there way early and right at front of line there were only 2 parties ahead of me. When I entered I was shown to a table in the 2nd row. I asked to be moved to a table in front row next to the wall and to the far left where the view was not blocked by trees. I was informed that those tables were reserved for parties of four people. I told the CM that I had paid for 2 people and arrived extra early and was also losing the money for the 2nd person and I should at least get a table of my choice like the parties who were invited to choose their tables. She finally moved to a table by the wall that was blocked by trees and sure enough they began seating parties of 2 right where I had asked to be seated! So my advice to you is to insist on the table you want. I attended a Plaza Garden party during a subsequent visit and felt the viewing area was much better although there is no seating.

guys. just tried to check summer availability and i can't even find it now? is it gone? i know dates only went out to may 28th for months now.

guys. just tried to check summer availability and i can't even find it now? is it gone? i know dates only went out to may 28th for months now.
This is what the whole thing is for, all of us waiting for this to come available so we can let others know. Some of us have been waiting over a month to just get the first or second week in June, the dates have not changed in months.

ya i coudn't pull it up anymore when i searched for dessert party like i used to?

Ahh, yes, I see that. I have it bookmarked and that page still exists. None of the dessert parties appear to be coming up on search. Must be doing something behind the scenes.

Do you think they aren’t posting past the May dates yet due to a price increase? I sure hope not.

Do you think they aren’t posting past the May dates yet due to a price increase? I sure hope not.

Well, prices on a lot of other things have been going up... so I’d be foolish to say “no.” But, TBD of course. I think it’s possible, but just guessing.

The only fireworks party or anything now is for the pirates, nothing for any Desert package at any parks, no Frozen, no Star Wars, nothing, All of them are gone from the site.

That’s a tough call. In the Plaza Garden, sometimes you get lucky and people stay seated but most of the time everyone stands. If standing, you’re more than likely going to need to pick her up so she can see.

When we took DD then 2 last summer, we sat at the back rail so I had something to ‘lean’ on and picked her up. It was fine, we weren’t blocking anyone, she could see, etc. Cons are I had to hold her for 18 minutes, and it was like 90 degrees and 100% humidity. :-)

We did really enjoy having the grassy space to ‘run around’ before the show and let the kids get the wiggles out. It kept them busy until show time.

But if you’re at all concerned, go with the seated version. The angle is not as good and your view of the castle projections is generally inferior, but it can still be a good show from there too.

Personally, I’d go with the Plaza - but I could ultimately go either way.

Hope that helps!

Very good info - thank you.

We really wanted to do it on a Saturday night (park typically busier so don't have to camp out as long), which is also my wife's birthday so it would be a nice little treat. The terrace wasn't available on that night, so our decision was pretty much made for us. Hopefully, it won't be too miserably hot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter