Tomorrowland...

DIS Dad #856
I don't know if it's coincidence or not with our upcoming trip but it seems like I am finding tomorrowland showing on the tv an awful lot lately. Every time I come across it I have to watch.
I actually like this movie, anyone else here like it and do the same when they find it airing? or do you have another Disney movie that you must watch when you find it on?

I rarely watch live TV, but if I'm on YouTube, I'm usually watching something Disney related. Defunctland, attraction ride throughs, history...

Now, onto Tomorrowland. I enjoyed about 90% of it. And then the end happened and I felt like I was being smacked in the head by an iron pipe. I agree with the message, but didn't need it that blatant.

Frankly, the only part of the film that I enjoyed were the sequences early in the film recreating the 1964 NY World's Fair. According to my uncle who visited the fair, The imagery of it in the film was strikingly accurate, particularly in terms of representing the Small World attraction as it actually appeared there. He mentioned it was unfortunate they didn't also show the Ford Motor Company and State of Illinois pavilions, which also featured Disney attractions.

Last edited:

I really liked the movie as well. It's not perfect, and I agree that the ending was a bit weak, but generally love the message and the characters, especially Britt's character. I nevr buy pins, but I did buy a Tomorowland one.

I have mixed feelings about the film. I, too, really liked the World's Fair part of the film.

I have mixed feelings about the film. I, too, really liked the World's Fair part of the film.

The right producer with the right script could have a field day making a entire film set at that World's Fair. A couple gleefully sharing a Belgian Waffle for the first time (they were introduced to the U.S. at the Fair), a nun weeping at the sight of Michelangelo's Pieta (which the Pope agreed to have shipped from Italy to New York, where it was displayed in the Vatican pavillon), children marveling at riding in a brand new Mustang convertible while being captivated by the animated dinosaurs provided by Disney......

article-urn:publicid:ap.org:7b2a1e8acce5484fa40a28f2e2297f07-6P00icIxUHSK2-911_634x514.jpg

81f92731788ba8c3b96f3c8d0686b132.jpg

ford49.jpg

And for good measure, showing the other Disney elements of the Fair.....

scale~1023x5000x0x0~8564317-1397695334-6.jpg

GE_Progressland.jpg

world_fair_technology.jpg

13.JPG

Last edited:

I like the movie, own the blu-ray. I originally saw the film at a pre-release screening on a DCL cruise to Alaska, that may have some residual effect on my opinion of the film.:)

I watched it last night for the first time. It was ok. Not great, not awful. I doubt it is something that I would watch again.

I'll plant my flag on a hill for Tomorrowland, which is one of my favorite Disney movies in a long time. I feel like too many are connecting its financial results to the quality of the movie. It's an inventive movie that really connects with me as a fan of the original EPCOT Center, Tomorrowland, and the World's Fair attractions. It doesn't matter that we don't see much of those places directly - it's the tone that really works for me. I don't get the hate at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!