Tomorrow's vacations at today's prices

bwvBound

DVC SSR & other timeshare
I've finally thought of a perk that would be sooooo cool if only DVC would offer it: Lock in my Park Admission Price to the time of my DVC purchase (or "qualifying" purchase). That is, since we purchased 150 points direct in May 2004, I'm wishing that my Park Admission Price now, and through the end of my contract, would be offered that the prevailing prices of May 2004. Sigh. I know, just a dream. But I'm in a dreaming mood right now.

It would be a cool idea, but unfortunately extremely impossible. Th biggest problem is that DVC is under DSE, and can't negotiate park prices. Nor can they put aside money for what may happen in the future with admission prices. So I don't see any way that DVC and Walt Disney World could reach an understanding that would last 50 years.

The second problem is there is no way they could do that retroactively.

It would be nice however if Disney World started to sell "forever tickets". It's not impossible; there are still some old tickets without expiration dates that they allow you to trade in. However, I don;t think I would do it as I usually buy Annual Passes now and even if they sold AP vouchers at today prices, there is no way I could afford 20 years (or more) of AP's all at once. :-)Nonetheless, I would support them selling it.

It would be a wonderful perk, but I cannot think of any benefit to Disney to offer it.

I personally am just thrilled that I prepaid for the majority of my lodging at such a cheap price, and that I am staying at a deluxe resort for the equivalent of only $170 or so per night this summer. Add in the massively discounted AP, which brings along free Memory Maker, dining and merchandise discounts, and I'm a pretty happy member.

What a wonderful idea! I only wish DVD had thought of it years ago, when the incentive of free park tickets with purchase was getting ready to expire!

I just wish they had a discounted all inclusive package you paid for with MFs.

Flat 20-30% discount and you get food and tickets for all days you stay with your DVC points.

It would be nice however if Disney World started to sell "forever tickets". It's not impossible; there are still some old tickets without expiration dates that they allow you to trade in. However, I don;t think I would do it as I usually buy Annual Passes now and even if they sold AP vouchers at today prices, there is no way I could afford 20 years (or more) of AP's all at once. :-)Nonetheless, I would support them selling it.

Interesting idea, "forever tickets." Forever meaning the duration of your DVC contract. Charge 20K per person to get annual pass rights expiring with your DVC resort expiration date. You purchase it only through a direct purchase of points, maybe at a set minimum, say 150 points?

Well back in 2011 when they announced they were doing away with No expiration tickets I bought 3 pairs of 10 day park hoppers and we still have about 15 admissions left.And 10 extra admissions like min golf and water parks. I would love to see them bring those back.

Probably needs it’s own thread, however did anyone hear last weeks DVC podcast in relation to a perks wishlist for the 50th? There were some nice ideas mentioned like AP discounts, Dining plan discounts.. I for one would be more than happy with a 13 month DVC AP.

I wonder how many people would be willing to prepay 50 years of annual pass at today's price. Kinda like DVC for park admission.

LAX

Interesting idea, "forever tickets." Forever meaning the duration of your DVC contract. Charge 20K per person to get annual pass rights expiring with your DVC resort expiration date. You purchase it only through a direct purchase of points, maybe at a set minimum, say 150 points?

Well, my thought was more like the "forever" stamps that the US Post Office Sells. You buy a stamp at today's prices, but it's good forever. I.E. you can turn it in 10 years from now.

That said, I like you idea too. I have 40 years left on my main contract (BLT). I might be willing to consider shelling out 25K or so for AP's that would last lifetime of the contract as long as I could carry them with my contract (I.e. if I will it to my son, he can use it). That means that essentially a trip to Disney any time from now for the next 40 years is really just a plane ticket and food. Now we're talkin'

I’ve seen mentions online that the year MK opened they sold a gold, lifetime WDW pass for $100. In comparison, Parking was $.50 and a 1-day ticket package was around $5.

Then, For MK’s 25th in 1996, they contemplated a 25 year AP for $2,500... at that time a premium AP was $319. At an 8x more rate, a 25 year pass would be about $10,000 today.
(note I found an Orlando Sentinal article saying that $2500 25 year pass was only mentioned in surveys)

I’ve seen mentions online that the year MK opened they sold a gold, lifetime WDW pass for $100. In comparison, Parking was $.50 and a 1-day ticket package was around $5.

I have something close. I have a 24 karet gold WDW Ticket and replicate of the original ticket book which I purchased years ago from WDW. But I doubt it would get me in the parks for a lifetime (although surely it would get me in for a day).

I worked with a lady whose grandfather retired as a fairly high ranking executive some years ago and was rewarded at retirement with a limited number of lifetime passes for his immediate family, and she had one of them,

However.

She’s now married with two kids, so they still have to buy 3 passes to go. They’re gonna get you some way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter